Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-22, 02:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is going to be by in a flash. This morning, I went to the law firm that's switching to Word for the two hour (ha!) session. There were about 6-7 people in there for most of the time and they asked tons of questions as I guided them through the principles. After three hours, we all stumbled out of the conference room. Their eyes were glazed over and brains were fried, but they were smiling because they had so many questions answered. I was in a bit better shape, but my brain is tired. I hope the session this evening isn't too taxing. But, it was a lot of fun. It's been a while since I've had a corporate type session like that. In between my two sessions today, I"m catching up on the computer and trying to clean things up for the cleaners coming on Thursday.

Anita - Yeah, that's how we were except that we often got NO rain. I hope you have the same turn of events we did and start getting some decent rain.

Paula - It sounds like you have recovered from the rose tree/bush adventure. Yeah, we have a lot less people to cook for these days since both our workplaces expected a lot of cookies every year. And, a lot of the family members have grown up. Of course, they now have kids...

Vantreesta - My parents' across-the-street neighbors used to do Halloween in a huge way. They would have so much stuff in the yard, including stuff that moved and sounds and lights. He's a software engineer and kept adding every year. When people would meet my parents and ask them where they lived, they often got, "Do you live across the street from The Halloween House?" It was fun for the whole neighborhood.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 08:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 22 Push (Strength) followed by Yoga with Tim Yin Yoga.

Did some shopping today, looking for the perfect purse. Haven't found it yet. Otherwise didn't do much, one of those melt away days.

Anita, hope you got your walk in. Moveing plants isn't easy. I was looking out the kitchen window this morning at my new rose tree and immediately thought of my younger sister. I realized why this rose tree asked to come home with me - it's my sister's favorite color. I'm glad I got it, it will remind me of her whenever it blooms.

Laura, sounds like you're tired but feeling successful - always satisfying. Hope the evening session went well. Get some good rest tonight.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 07:36 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Strong windy storm last night, brought down one of the street trees! Doesn't look like a lot of rain though , but we'll take whatever comes from the skies these days. I'm starting to water some of my flower beds - everything was kind of wilty in them. Nothing specific planned for today, but I'll go for a nice walk. Today isn't as hot and humid as yesterday. Otherwise putzing.

Laura, glad your teaching is going well - glazed looks are good! I'm hoping for more rain later this week - it's supposed to be a substantial soaker that we need very much!

Paula, I had a decent walking day yesterday, did some in my neighborhood, then did the mall after and a grocery store after my haircut - no TJ this time. What are you looking for for your perfect purse? Glad your rose reminds you of your sister . I'm trying to imagine what plant would reflect my brother - some sort of weed, I think .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 09:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I skipped going to the YMCA this morning and stayed home to finish cleaning up for the cleaners. We're taking the opportunity to organize some stuff that has just been sitting around and DH had a lot of stuff piled up at the bottom of the staircase to take upstairs. So, I'll be making multiple trips up the stairs. I figure I'll get a workout of some type in. A lot of this stuff isn't really for the cleaners, but the trigger for stuff we've wanted to do for a while. This afternoon, he'll go to his PT and I'll drop in to see my chiropractor. And tonight, I have another training session.

Both training sessions yesterday went very well. I was tired, but felt pleased at the end of the day. The evening session was with the woman who kept cancelling with me, and it was striking because the "original" version of her showed up excited and committed and ready to learn.

Anita - hahaha. My thought about my brother was to wonder what was a plant that requires a TON of work to care for and doesn't really do much. I hope your putzing day is a pleasant one.

Paula - Good luck with the purse shopping. It's hard to find something specific, unless you follow the trends. And who wants to do that? It's great you got a plant that reminds you of your sister. You had a special relationship.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 09:06 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 23 Recovery Movement and a neighborhood walk with DH.

We decided to fly today - was a beautiful day to fly along the mountains. We then went to a nearby airport where we like the airport cafe for lunch and DH talked with the airplane mechanic there about some equipment he wants installed. Didn't do much once we got home, one of those days that melted away.

Anita, wow, that must have been some wind storm! I'm not completely sure what I want in a perfect purse which may be why I'm having so much difficulty finding it. What I'd like to try is what they call a convertable purse - one where the straps can be configured to be a tote, a crossbody, or a backpack. I think with all those options I can find a way to keep my hands free and distribute the weight so it's not hurting my shoulder or neck. The problem is the ones I've seen are so large I'm afraid it would look as though I was running away from home. The rose reminds me of my sister because of the color - she didn't particularly like roses. Her favorite flower was daisys. But she loved the color coral, with her dark hair and dark eyes it was stunning on her. How about Johnny Jump Ups for your brother?

Laura, When I was young we lived in a home with stairs and I remember my mother put a basket on the stairs to make it easier to take things up when we went. Maybe you can count multiple trips up and down the stairs as a workout. You seem to have an abundance of clients lately - good for you. Glad the training sessions went well - hopefully they'll tell others and you'll get more clients. Well my recommendation for the plant that's a ton of work and doesn't really do much is the Lantana tree I just pulled out - describes it perfectly.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I found it interesting that the winds yesterday brought down branches, but not entire trees - they said the ground was so hard from lack of rain that branches broke in the wind instead of toppling the entire tree. The tree on my road had one major branch down - they did get to it yesterday afternoon . I didn't see much more down in my neighborhood.

Today I'll be playing Carcassonne and going for a walk - putzing seems to be my theme of the day. I'm wondering if I should sign up for more work over at the WRC or elsewhere - I'm down from 4 days working to one (2 at circus and 2 at WRC).

Laura, I'm glad I pretty much live on one level of my house - I go downstairs for laundry, but that's it. I think if I had a two level living, I'd be using baskets to carry stuff up and down the stairs. Glad your training sessions went well!

Paula, nice to enjoy your airborne day - I think you have your own people around you whenever you take these short trips. I had to look up what a Johnny Jump Up is - a wild pansy! They would grow around here and you can eat the blooms . I use a wrist wallet as my purse - I don't haul a lot of stuff unless I'm traveling - then I use a small crossbody pouch - I like that it has slots for everything.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-04-22, 12:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Workouts have been:
Monday -toe yoga, thoracic mobility, PT, wobble board drills & foot exercises, 3 dog walks

Tuesday-toe yoga, weeds, thoracic mobility, short Leslie walk, CLX Burn Circuit 3, 2 different stretch videos, PT stretches, only 2 dog walks bc heat index was over 100

Wednesday-toe yoga, evening run, 3 dog walks

Here are some of my Halloween pictures from last year if you're interested. Be forewarned if you are squeamish about skeletons!
https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/ha...age-t1173.html
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 12:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Laura That's so cool that you and your DH used to bake all those cookies together! Hubby would help if I asked but I pretty much did it all alone. I started in September and filled the freezer. I so enjoyed doing it, although I would start to stress myself out by the end. At first I would mail boxes to friends and family but it just got too expensive so I just took stuff to work and family/friend get togethers and we ate the rest from the freezer. Now that I'm not working I have nowhere to take that many goodies, we certainly don't need it all, and it's just gotten so darn expensive! Hubby asked me not to bake bc he can't stop eating whatever I make, but baking is a huge stress reliever for me so I'm trying to find healthier recipes, possibly even ones he doesn't much care for like the bird seed energy bars I made, bc I just have to bake. How cool about your parents' neighbors! I would love to be called the Halloween House! I don't have any animatronics and just started adding spotlights last year. I would love to have fog and more lights. Glad your training sessions went well!

Paula Hubby doesn't care about holidays so it's all me unless I ask for help. I have so much stuff I pretty much spend all of September putting things up. The village takes a few days and the rest kind of just happens as my obsessed brain thinks of more things. I was so excited to finally find a Grim Reaper robe at the thrift store last year to put on one of my skeletons. This year I would love to have a scarecrow. I also kind of want a clown peeking out btwn the house and lilac bush. Hubby just rolls his eyes. I need to get outside this month or next and spray paint my Halloween tree black. Would you mind sharing your peanut butter fudge recipe, please? I love making fudge and I have a good pb recipe but it involves beating the mixture for either 5 or 10 minutes by hand. Ugh! One year I took 14 different kinds of fudge to work. The last year I was working we played w.t.f.--What's the fudge? Haha! It was my brother's idea. Each day I took in a new kind and coworkers made guesses as to the flavor. It was fun! That fest we went to last wknd was about 2 hours away. The MN one is a little over an hour for us. But we have also gone to several other WI ones, the Nebraska one, Des Moines, South Dakota, this year we went to the CO one and I have been to the AZ one. We love it! That's awesome that your new rose tree reminds you of your sister. I hardly go anywhere and am not a purse person in the traditional sense. My "purse" is a small tactical backpack that goes cross-body. When I fasten the strap there is not much weight on my shoulder despite having it pretty full.

Anita Yep, always a bellydancer! Well, okay, I do have a corset that I wear sometimes, mostly if it's actually cool. (I have also used it as part of Halloween costumes too!) I slather the sunscreen on, believe me! I am ghostly white and burn easily. I just never seem to get enough on the, umm, more squishy parts of my back, shall we say (I refuse to call them lovehandles!). Either that or it wears off from sweating. Yep, we're already planning on going opening wknd to Shakopee. So excited! We didn't get any of the wind you guys got. I'm not even sure how much rain we got. Hubby said he hear thunder during the night but I sleep like the dead and never heard it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-04-22, 02:15 PM  
sciencelady

Ha, Vantreesta! I think I'm like your friend, Mary, on the Total Fitness DVD site - I was starting to hyperventilate looking at the huge tables covered with your Halloween projects ! Guess my minimalism leanings are for real! I've got friends coming up August 23rd and we may go to the Renaissance Faire either the 27th or 28th!
Old 08-04-22, 02:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Anita, I really enjoy it but I admit, by the 1st of November I'm ready to have some clear spaces! And since it takes up the dining room table plus another as well as the kitchen counter/bar, I have no good place to eat breakfast where I can spread out with my Bible study and journals. I'm trying to figure out a good solution to that problem before then.

I hope you have fun and good weather at the fest!