Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-12-22, 08:59 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I started the Challenge again.This time I definitely FF past the moves I don't like.
Have fun! Too soon for me to do another 30 Day Challenge but I do plan to do some of Lee’s other workouts. I bought a lot during a sale last fall (7 or 8). I did the Five Elements Energy Balance a couple of weeks ago. It was fantastic. Had a lot of my favorite flows that are in 30DC. Beautiful scenery and fantastic music. I also did the short version of that routine and loved it too. It is a 22 minute standing meditation. I started it thinking that I wasn’t going to make it to the end, but I did, and loved it. I felt great the rest of the day and my qi was good for that whole week. Ha. So… I plan to do all my Lee Holden workouts eventually.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 10:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Have fun! Too soon for me to do another 30 Day Challenge but I do plan to do some of Lee’s other workouts. I bought a lot during a sale last fall (7 or 8). I did the Five Elements Energy Balance a couple of weeks ago. It was fantastic. Had a lot of my favorite flows that are in 30DC. Beautiful scenery and fantastic music. I also did the short version of that routine and loved it too. It is a 22 minute standing meditation. I started it thinking that I wasn’t going to make it to the end, but I did, and loved it. I felt great the rest of the day and my qi was good for that whole week. Ha. So… I plan to do all my Lee Holden workouts eventually.
Drat, I missed the big sale. Thanks for reporting on the Five Elements. I plan t do the challenge every quarter and maybe ask if anyone want to join me in a the one month challenge. July starts the next quarter!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 07:23 AM  
T2B

Pat - I’ll join you in July. It’ll be great for my mind and energy. I’m one of the very few on this forum that dread the summer months!. I wanted to do one of the trails challenge but I’m a warm weather weenie so it didn’t happen!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 06-13-22, 07:48 AM  
Vantreesta

T2B, I hate the heat too. Anything over 65 is too hot for me! Also too many sunny days raise my anxiety. Weird, I know. I did adjust better last summer for the first time in my adult life but as I look at the weather for this week, including a heat advisory tmrw, I am filled with dread. I had intended to do the trails challenge too but just never motivated myself to go anywhere. That wasn't heat related though, just in a slump.

I think I made it to day 16 of 30DC and will be continuing on with it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Well how about that! I'm a summer dreader too. Humidity is my enemy and cloudless, hot sunny days make me feel sick. How weird is that. Some kind of sun sickness? Doh!
Old 06-13-22, 09:08 AM  
Vantreesta

I figure it's SAD, just opposite of when most people experience it. Oh how I love cloudy days! They calm me and make me feel peaceful.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-14-22, 06:30 AM  
T2B

It’s the heat/humidity for me, anything above 90 degrees is an energy drain, which is why I mostly stay inside during the summer months. The high yesterday was 97 with a heat index of 113. Too early for these temps. Looks like we’re gong to be under a heat warning for the next 10+ days.

Hang in there, we’ll get through it one day at a time.

Stay

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 06-14-22, 07:36 AM  
Vantreesta

Wow, you can take up to 90?? I'm happiest in probably the 50s in a sweatshirt or flannel but I can be happy anywhere from 0 to 65ish. When I visit family in AZ I can take it up to like 75 bc of the low humidity. When they tell me their humidity is high it's such a strange comparison bc high for them is really low for us.

We have a heat advisory today with heat index up to 103. MN is not just a frozen tundra like some people think! And with that, I better go walk my pup before it's too late. 7:30 AM and real feel is already 83.

And you have a great warning for 10+ days?? Ugh!!! Hibernation is not an option for me. Not only bc my dog needs his walks but bc not being outside really screws up my brain, very bad for my mental health. Even a day with no outside time is rough. Even if it is 90!

Old 06-14-22, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Vantreesta, cloudy days are my friend too. Check out my profile photo album for pictures of the beach where I walk.
Old 06-14-22, 09:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Pat, I'm so jealous! Those pictures are just beautiful and so peaceful. Before COVID we went up to the North Shore every year and we have really been missing it. We did a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area btwn MN and Canada every year. We had missed only one year since 2009 until COVID. The area was closed during our usual trip time in 2020 bc of the Canadian border being closed and then hubby was working unbelievable hours until recently so he couldn't take the time off in 2021. This year I didn't even mention it bc all those hours of work obviously took a toll on his body and he is in no shape for a strenuous trip like that. I'm hoping I can get him hiking more now that his hours aren't so horrendous bc I really want that trip next year! And of course the obvious of wanting him to feel better and live longer!

Tags
acupressure, lee holden, lee holden 30-day, qi gong