Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-19-22, 02:36 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

No workout to report yet, but I just ordered Jessica’s new set!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 05:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workouts to report - just lots and lots of end of year drama. I am so ready for the school year to be finished, but it just keeps getting more and more fun-filled. Not.

One of the latest fun things - which has spun off all kinds of complications - is that my boss tested positive yesterday. Of course, I spent Tuesday afternoon with him at a Board meeting, so I'm just waiting. I did mask for most of the meeting (because I knew he had not been feeling great), but had my mask off when I was talking about the budget and 3rd quarter financials, not an insignificant period of time. He was not masked (nor was anyone else in the room).

Sigh.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 07:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Geez, Carol! End of school year drama together with a possible exposure to Covid is enough to push anyone over the edge. Ugh. I hope you stay healthy. You did have your 2nd booster shot, right? I haven't had one yet but Covid cases are rising in my area and my dh and I should get one soon. I'm planning for it early next week.

I did order Jessica's new set. I looked at the short clips again and while I'm still unsure that it's a "must have" for me, I think I will appreciate the slow and controlled moves going forward. I am a cardio girl but I know I must do more strength and mobility workouts and this set may fit the bill.

How's everyone doing?
Old 05-20-22, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thanks Dana! I have had my second booster, and I am hoping that that will be enough to keep me from getting CoVid. Our cases out here are definitely rising, although there isn't a lot of testing going on. It's kind of like, "if I don't test, I won't have CoVid" - which is crazy. Magical thinking for sure.

My son is starting to see CoVid showing up in the wastewater sampling he's doing for a grant project which probably means there's a lot more cases out there than our official numbers are indicating.

Our 7th and 8th graders have to have a negative test tomorrow morning to go on their class trips Monday (per the trip company) and I am holding my breath that no one tests positive. If they do, there are going to be some mad parents to deal with and we've already had enough mad parents just this week to last a lifetime. Since our Head of School is out with CoVid I will probably be the one to get to deal with them, even though I had nothing to do with any of the trip planning or trip company selection.

I ordered Jessica's new ones as well. I am more of a strength girl than cardio girl, so this set should be right up my alley. Looking forward to something pleasant to take my mind off of work.

Carol
Old 05-20-22, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

No formal workout yesterday - I am hoping to get something in at "lunch" today - it may be too warm mid-day for a dog walk - but maybe I'll do something indoors.

My bathroom work is coming along, but I'm ready for them to be done and to have my morning routine back.

Jessica's new set is showing as "out of stock" for me....hopefully it will be back soon so I can order.....if not, I may just get the digital version.

I can't do them right now anyway - so I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time, LOL!

Carol - hope you avoid the dreaded COVID - I think people are just fatigued by the whole thing, even in this area, which was very compliant with masking, vaccinations, lockdowns, etc., there is a certain exhaustion and a "I'll take my chances" attitude now. I didn't get the 2nd booster - I know I'll eventually get another COVID vax/booster, but I had heard that the increased immunity from the 2nd booster was fairly short-lived, so I didn't bother. But again, who the heck knows what the true situation is.... I think if I were around more people regularly or was planning a big trip or vacation or something I'd be inclined to get it to take advantage of the extra immunity. I guess we shall see what happens next....... I do think cases are being underreported - I think if you have mild symptoms you're probably not likely to get tested.

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 10:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna potential new position is all done but the waiting, huh? Excited for you! Yeah, I would wait until you heard before saying anything, too. That's a shame there's no offloading process but hey, makes an easier exit for you!

Dana you made me laugh saying there's a whole lot of nothing on the Orbeck. Thanks for the link on Mira back. I think it looks like one if like!

Carol hope you stay healthy! Try to manage your stress as best you can to help fight it.

Brenda I'm excited you got in on the Jessica order. I'll be interested to hear what you guys think. I am also glad to hear it sounds like the DVD sales are going well.

W …Athletic step

T...Bodystrikes warmup; Cathe Lower Body Blast standing floor work premix; Nadia Narain yoga flow for strength and flexibility Session#2; Caban Quick start pilates for wt loss

I'll edit and add Fri workout to this post.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 12:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

4 of my 6 DVDs were just delivered. Fusion and Stretch DVDs are coming tomorrow. Probably from a different fulfillment center.
Old 05-20-22, 06:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Woohoo Dana! Can't wait to share in your excitement.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 05:55 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'm supposed to get 4 of the 6 DVDs today - hoping that is the case. I need something to look forward after a morning of supervising CoVid testing for the school trip participants. Actually I'm not supervising, I'm just there for backup in case there's a problem (i.e., a screaming parent or one who wants a redo). I saw where our test positivity number rose from 2% last week to 10% this week, so that can't possibly be a good sign.

My other two DVDs - the fusion one and one of the strength workouts - are supposed to be here Tuesday.

Carol
Old 05-21-22, 07:08 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Mira's Spinal Rotation & Lateral Flexion - 25min. This one was on her paid site but it also may be available on her youtube channel. It was a good mobility workout especially first thing in the morning.

WAH - 30min. One of Leslie's walks. I actually started with Higher Burn with a guest walker but only lasted the first 8 minutes because it was a mess of a walk.

I have to go to the office this morning to take care of some things. Should be nice and quiet - hopefully.

Carol, your job is positively stressful! I would NOT be able to deal with parents and drama on a daily basis. That's my idea of hell. I'm not a people person at the best of times and generally like to be left alone.

Donna, I'm glad that your bathroom remodel is almost done. I bet it looks great!

Waves to Brenda and Linda!