Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-23, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Call me skeptical, but I've been following her on FB for some time. The amount of times that she says that, it's becoming like the boy who cried wolf. She keeps saying it, but nothing changes. Let's hope that this time it will be different.
My thoughts exactly. I thought her email about the streaming problems was a little disingenuous in light of the streaming problems even before they got this bad. It's too bad, I love her and want to see her succeed, and was excited for her potential success in getting a new PBS show. Very glad I sat on my hands when she had the kickstarter for the proposed show.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-23, 03:44 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Sadly, I have to agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I feel the same. I cracked up reading the "very recently." That platform has been acting up since she started using it at least two years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I thought her email about the streaming problems was a little disingenuous in light of the streaming problems even before they got this bad. It's too bad, I love her and want to see her succeed, and was excited for her potential success in getting a new PBS show. Very glad I sat on my hands when she had the kickstarter for the proposed show.
I was "this" close to commenting on her FB post, as well as commenting on all future ones, since I'm sure she will continue to keep saying this for quite a while. It's not that I am feeling vindictive or want to be snarky or anything. I really and truly want to warn others. I wish that someone had warned me. I'm happy that Paypal refunded me, but it was all unnecessary. The only reason that I haven't commented on FB, is that I don't want all my friends to see it, since it is public after all. I don't tell everyone about my workouts. That's what I come here for.
Old 10-16-23, 03:47 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
I was "this" close to commenting on her FB post, as well as commenting on all future ones, since I'm sure she will continue to keep saying this for quite a while. It's not that I am feeling vindictive or want to be snarky or anything. I really and truly want to warn others. I wish that someone had warned me. I'm happy that Paypal refunded me, but it was all unnecessary. The only reason that I haven't commented on FB, is that I don't want all my friends to see it, since it is public after all. I don't tell everyone about my workouts. That's what I come here for.
Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with you warning consumers.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-23, 03:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
The only reason that I haven't commented on FB, is that I don't want all my friends to see it, since it is public after all.
there's ways to change the options on your post so that friends don't see it or to post anonymously. i haven't tried it, but i just googled and there's directions on how to do either one. you could practice and try it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-23, 02:10 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
there's ways to change the options on your post so that friends don't see it or to post anonymously. i haven't tried it, but i just googled and there's directions on how to do either one. you could practice and try it.
Thank you. I just googled it, and it seems that others have this problem also. I'll try something out and see, but I am doubtful if it will work. It's different if it was a group. Groups usually have privacy settings. Hers is a page, and that's when all of my friends will see my reply.
Old 10-17-23, 11:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Call me skeptical, but I've been following her on FB for some time. The amount of times that she says that, it's becoming like the boy who cried wolf. She keeps saying it, but nothing changes. Let's hope that this time it will be different.
Margaret Richard has been full of BS excuses about her business for decades. Horrible security issues, dreadful streaming blunders and a general lack of concern for her customers.

This has been ongoing and the "not tech savvy" excuse became old years ago.

From 2004:

Do not order from MR/Body Electric online - Security Issues!

There are a few other threads about technical issues.

Buyer Beware!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 02:55 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Margaret Richard has been full of BS excuses about her business for decades.
Buyer Beware!!!
First of all, I always love your posts and appreciate your Posture Check reminder!

I had no idea.

I just saw yet another crappy post from her on FB. Honestly, I would love to start commenting.

My goodness. I can't believe that this rubbish has been going on for so long. It is inexcusable and makes me respect her far less. I have some other choice words (farm animals mainly), but I'll restrain myself.
Old 10-18-23, 02:59 AM  
Negin

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till the cows come home. This warning about her and her site needs to be made into a sticky. People need to know. I had no idea and went through far too much unnecessary stress.
Old 10-18-23, 10:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till the cows come home. This warning about her and her site needs to be made into a sticky. People need to know. I had no idea and went through far too much unnecessary stress.
Negin, I am sorry you have had to deal with this.

The problem is three-fold:

A) Apparently, no one wants to upset an instructor and get on their bad side. No matter how badly an instructor behaves, no one wants to "hurt their feelings." As we all know, I have no problem with being the bearer of bad tidings.

B) There is the very real issue of possible litigation. No one wants a defamation/slander lawsuit.

C) People want to believe the best of others. This partly explains the high incidence of fraud and scams.

It doesn't help that the VF Search function is about useless. It is hard to research instructors or find old threads.

So, as I have noted, buyer beware.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 12:00 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The problem is three-fold
You summed it all up perfectly. Honestly, I have no words.

Tags
bad customer service, body electric, instructor behaving badly, margaret richard, margaret richard download, poor customer service