Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-02-22, 02:33 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, thank you for starting us. Did you post about the cougar in April? I'll have to go back and look. They're so beautiful but I don't want to meet very closely.

Paine - now bears - I don't think so!!! Did you see grizzlies or "just" black bears? We are getting a lot of black bear sightings in towns that are set back closer to the woods - they're after bird feeders apparently. The moose must have left some pretty big "presents."

Sandra, I'm a Planet Fitness girl. It all depends on your club. My old one was a smelly pit but the new one is big and beautiful, and I love working out there.

Margot, thanks for mentioning that the new Bellyfits are excerpts from a larger package. That makes them more appealing to me.

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 09:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I love how you never mince words (e.g., the old PF being a "smelly pit"). On my in-office days I get up at 6:20 a.m., and that's still way early for me.

Sandra, I had a friend who belonged to a local PF but decided to quit. I think she may have had some trouble getting her money back - it could be worth checking out their policies on that.

Pam, wow about the cougar sightings!

Margot & Pam, yes, my 2nd booster reaction was pretty similar to the first - i.e., one comfortable night, feeling flu-ish for the first part of the next day, and then fine.

cyana, I just went back to the old thread to find your links. Thanks for sharing - I love American Pie (the song and the album). You should have joined in the singing!

Speaking of the American Pie album, Don McClean's song "Vincent" was on the playlist for Van Gogh Yoga last week - in fact, that son probably first made me aware of Vincent Van Gogh! Also, I don't remember if we discussed this story when it happened:
https://people.com/music/taylor-swif...ever-no-1-hit/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 09:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W1D1
~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 2
~ Bellyfit TV Season 1 - Grounding
~ 8,831 steps

I might buy myself the new Bellyfit spring package for my birthday. It's a little pricey, even on sale for $40, but the clips look like a lot of fun and they're 20 minutes long.

Beth, 6:20 sounds like a luxury! I forgot about the song Vincent. Long time ago.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 09:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, if you think you would use the set, $40 seems reasonable for a b-day gift to self.

Happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-03-22, 10:17 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Winsor Pilates The Back Workout

Pam, thank goodness that no one has been attacked by a cougar out your way.

Pat, yes buy that new Bellyfit for your birthday!
I saw both grizzlies and black bears in our neighborhood. Mostly there were moose in our yard. Egads, every spring after the snow melted my DH would pick up the moose turds in our yard and put them in a 5 gallon bucket (which would get filled up half way).

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 10:30 AM  
Twigs

Yesterday evening I did:
- ETV Gail's live class, minus the floor work
- Pete Caughey - Qigong for the Eyes

Today's workouts:
- HealthBarre Recorded Zoom class from April 29. This was a real toughie for the legs and butt but I loved it and also love the results!
- Somatics
- Long walk on our local Common

Pat - The Bellyfit DOTM classes are fun. Alice has great sales every so often and I bet they'll be even better priced if you can wait a while. Still... it is your birthday and you deserve it. I agree with Beth; you have a way with words. My favourite of yours is 'Pants-O-Meter'.

Beth - I enjoyed reading about Don McClean and Taylor Swift.

Paine - Moose turds - now that would make exotic compost for the garden! I don't think I would have ventured out the house with all those bears around!

Have a great day everyone.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 08:01 PM  
YogaGal

Saturday was a rest day that included a trip to Trader Joe’s. On Sunday, National Ride a Bike Day, DH and I did a morning bike ride. We did a little over 8 miles. I had forgotten that I signed up for Bird’s May Yoga Challenge, so when we got back I did that short 5-minute routine for the first day, Yoga Full Body Stretch (DAY 1) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge.

Monday’s Workout was Jessica Smith’s Upper Body Strength from Walk Strong 1 dvd AND Yoga with Bird’s new 15-Minute Morning Yoga Stretch (DAY 2) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge.

Today’s Workout – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Lower Body Tabata from Build & Burn dvd AND Yoga with Bird’s 10-Minute Morning Yoga to FEEL INCREDIBLE! (DAY 3) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge. About halfway through the Tabata workout when Kelly was doing a Split Stance Plyometric move, she said, "Who designed this workout?”

EEKS about finding bears or cougars out on a walk. My SIL had to avoid an elk last summer in Payson, so we’ll know to be careful about that this summer.

Pam: Thanks for starting us off and providing such an uplifting quote for May. :heart

Sandra: I have been a home gym gal, so I can’t help with Planet Fitness feedback.

Beth: I got my second booster in March near the end of my Spring Break so I’d have a day off work to recover. It seemed a bit easier than the other shots, but I was still pretty tired and low energy the day after. I’d forgotten about Don McClean's song "Vincent"; it is hauntingly beautiful. And thanks for the link to the Taylor Swift/ McClean story; that was so sweet of her!

Pat: The new Bellyfit package sounds like a great Birthday present! I thought I’d be buying Jessica Smith’s new dvds as a birthday present to her (I think her BD is in March), but it looks more like it will be an (early) birthday gift more me.

Paine: After hearing about mouse turds, I’m thankful all we’ve had to deal with is rabbit turds on our grass!

cyana: Thanks for the update on Leonid and Friends. I checked their tour schedule and they will be in California in the fall, but nothing in Arizona at this time. I also feel old learning that the American Pie song is 50 years old! Yes, DH and I rode our bikes on National Ride a Bike Day! Had to do it in the morning before the heat set in.

Hang in there everyone; tomorrow is Hump Day!
Old 05-03-22, 08:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Today I taught yoga and did this lower body routine from Heather Robertson:
https://youtu.be/pcJsP4gogsI

Carolyn, cool that you got to ride for National Ride a Bike Day! I need to get the tires on bike replaced and need to figure out a time to do that. And LOL, I really like that KCM routine and that line (answer = "oh yeah" [points to self] ). In fact, I just realized recently that I hadn't done it in awhile and put it on my "to do" exercise list.

Margot, I hadn't heard of HealthBarre - is it a streaming service? From the little I saw online, it looks kind of like Callanetics.

Paine, I am sure you are glad to be back in CA!!!

Hope everyone is managing okay so far this week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-03-22, 10:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterdays workouts:
~Strength circuit day 2
~Essentrics class prep for tomorrow
~Quick stretch after

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Acupressure and long hip, shoulder, QL, & shoulder focused stretch & supported yin poses.

Regarding cougars, a quote from the internet….”An estimated 600-800 live on Vancouver Island making it the highest concentration for this mountain lion in North America.“ Crazy! There is a lot of mountainous wilderness on the island, the majority on the north & west sides, & that’s where most are. We haven’t had a sighting around here in a while, but occasionally someone posts video from their security camera of one strolling through their yard.

Paine - We don’t have grizzlies on the island, just black bears. A grizzly would be terrifying!

Pat - Yes if you really want the new BF series, I say treat yourself for your birthday! And it’s in Canadian $, a further saving for you!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 08:27 AM  
Twigs

Good morning!

Today's workouts:
- ETV Amanda's class from May 3 (standing only)
- Karin's Functional Anatomy for the Lateral Line

Beth - HealthBarre is Sandra Hanna's streaming service. You're right, it is Callanetics and she offers Somatic classes as well. The two combined bring great results. I've always been bottom-heavy (pear shape). I remember, when I was 16 years old, a french boy saying I had footballer legs! In the last year I've gone down a pant size and my legs are in the best shape since I was doing the Firm way back when. Thankfully, no more football legs!

Pam - I'm amazed you have such a high population of Cougars in your area. Such beautiful animals but better viewed from afar. Have you ever seen one, even at a distance?

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote