Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-22, 10:24 AM  
Buzzer

If I like Cathe's Cross Train Express, I will also like...

I am starting week 3 of Cathe's CrossTrain Express.

I like that the first half is cardio, the second is weights. I like that she focuses on one body part each workout. I like that they run about 45 minutes (ish). I like that the step workouts are short so she doesn't have time to get too complicated with it. I like the intensity of the cardio!

So what other workouts will I like? Can be Cathe (I have some other sets of hers I have yet to try, so maybe she's done this before or again!) or if there is another instructor that follows this format, I may have those workouts already too
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 10:36 AM  
ChelePA

Fit Split. Bodyblast Timesaver. 4 Day Split. X10. Off the top of my head.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 11:00 AM  
bubbles76

Definitely thinking 4 Day Split. In fact, I liked 4 Day Split more
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 11:08 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Definitely thinking 4 Day Split. In fact, I liked 4 Day Split more
Hi Bubbles!!!! I have 4 day split!! I don't think I have the one's ChelePA suggested. However I will look into those for sure.

Now to go look into 4 day split... any other ideas welcome, as one series doesn't seem to hold my attention for more than about 3-4 weeks!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 12:49 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Hi Bubbles!!!! I have 4 day split!! I don't think I have the one's ChelePA suggested. However I will look into those for sure.

Now to go look into 4 day split... any other ideas welcome, as one series doesn't seem to hold my attention for more than about 3-4 weeks!
I just gave you workouts with cardio and strength combos . They might not always focus on one body part. I also like these type of workouts.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 09:03 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I I like that they run about 45 minutes (ish). I like that the step workouts are short so she doesn't have time to get too complicated with it.
I think the complexity of choreography was complicated in 4 Day Splits. Even in the segment that was supposed to be easier.
Old 03-09-22, 06:26 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I like the lower body portion of 4 Day Split. In fact, it's the main reason that I've kept the set. However it is challenging enough on its own. I can't imagine doing it after the kickboxing workout that proceeds it on that disc.

To answer to original question, most of Cathe's weight workouts are chaptered well enough so that you can work one muscle group a day and combine it with the cardio of your choice.
Old 03-09-22, 06:41 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I think the complexity of choreography was complicated in 4 Day Splits. Even in the segment that was supposed to be easier.
Good point. I was able to pick up on the easier one (LIS--Lower Intensity Step) but I am familiar with many of her step workouts, most of her cues and combos, and so usually don't have much trouble picking up her step choreo.

On the other hand, I don't think I ever quite fully conquered the last combo of HIS (Higher Intensity Step). Then again, it's been awhile since I pulled either out.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4ds, body blast, cathe, cross train xpress, ctx