Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-22, 01:54 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
LOL, not all the troublemakers are gone.

I know of at least one VFer who left VF because she became too ill with an autoimmune disease to work out. She felt like she had nothing to post about. Maybe at that time VF was less tolerant of those who were struggling. I don't know.

By now, especially with the "Graying of VF," we all support each other whether we can work out or not.

I quit FaceBook a while back. I've never been on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc. That kind of format just isn't for me.
Autoimmune issues are so hard. That's been my health struggle for the past few years as well. Between that and being in the babies and littles phase of life, I've been far too exhausted to work out, even when I know I should have been doing it. Fortunately, even though my muscles are super tight and out of shape, I've been managing my autoimmune symptoms with diet and that's left me less overweight than has been my usual, so at least that's a point in the positive section and not hindering my restart so to speak.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:57 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am not getting rid of any dvds unless I absolutely hate them. I use Team Body Project and you tube a lot, but the thought of not having dvds is not an option for me. I am such a variety junkie.
Ha, I've been tempted to add some to my collection that I know I won't use right now, and you're enabling me At least it only seems like some are hard to find. I've been tempted to add more of Jessica's to my collection to support her, although I've been using her YouTube workouts mainly and working on beginner core stuff. Then the practical side of me is like but you aren't using what you have... Then the enabler says, yet.

Old 01-18-22, 04:55 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I do often wonder why some people stopped posting.
I know a couple stopped cause they went on to other workouts and stopped doing dvd/streaming style workouts, hitting the gym etc. They just felt they now don't have anything really to say here cause they don't use dvds anymore.
I came back after a few years in the gym. I have a huge box of DVD's (a TON of Cathe) but no DVD player. I can't bring myself to let them go. I subscribe to Cathe on and off. I recently subscribed to MOSSA and lately have been doing a lot of youtube workouts.
Old 01-18-22, 07:27 PM  
Buzzer

I'm here, but mostly in the check ins. I was active around the time that the mere mention of TA, or saying "bulking", or speaking ill of whatever was the instructor du jour was enough to get beaten to a pulp.

I do my workout DVD's, but whenever I have a question the workouts are old enough that I can find the answer doing a forum search. The lack of new workouts makes it tough to ask new questions!

I have a few friends that have fallen off the VF wagon, for various reasons, mostly life. I wish VF would welcome new vidiots, but apparently that is not an option anymore for whatever reason. I miss the old days of Red Panda and Kali, when we would go so off the rails on the "no buy" threads and would spend so much money on new workouts!!! Those were the biggest enabling threads!! I still have some workouts I bought from those days that I would be better off without! HA!

I do my DVD's, have a backup DVD, and some flash drives with various workouts that I don't use.

I miss the banter, I miss when someone would accidentally offend someone else they wouldn't be awful about it. They would gently say something, there would be an apology or whatever was necessary and it would be done. Now things are rehashed and rehashed and held on to. I am afraid to post too much because I am not careful with my words. They often sound different in the voice in your head than they are in the voice in mine!! So I hang out in the check in, where they know me and if I trip on words, they are very forgiving!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:30 PM  
sherry7899

I.miss the no buy threads where people (myself included) would buy a bunch of workouts before starting the "no buy.". Those were such fun threads.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:41 PM  
ChelePA

I find it amazing how long this board has been active. I’ve only been posting for a few years and I have made such wonderful virtual friends. I would love to meet them someday. Everyone here is so full of knowledge. I guess I’ve never seen any negative posting. Lucky me I continued to post even after I broke my foot in the beginning of Covid 2020. And now I continue to check in daily with my group despite being in a near fatal car accident and just learning to walk again these past few months. They have been the best cheerleaders in my recovery.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 09:23 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I'm here, but mostly in the check ins. I was active around the time that the mere mention of TA, or saying "bulking", or speaking ill of whatever was the instructor du jour was enough to get beaten to a pulp.

I do my workout DVD's, but whenever I have a question the workouts are old enough that I can find the answer doing a forum search. The lack of new workouts makes it tough to ask new questions!

I have a few friends that have fallen off the VF wagon, for various reasons, mostly life. I wish VF would welcome new vidiots, but apparently that is not an option anymore for whatever reason. I miss the old days of Red Panda and Kali, when we would go so off the rails on the "no buy" threads and would spend so much money on new workouts!!! Those were the biggest enabling threads!! I still have some workouts I bought from those days that I would be better off without! HA!

I do my DVD's, have a backup DVD, and some flash drives with various workouts that I don't use.

I miss the banter, I miss when someone would accidentally offend someone else they wouldn't be awful about it. They would gently say something, there would be an apology or whatever was necessary and it would be done. Now things are rehashed and rehashed and held on to. I am afraid to post too much because I am not careful with my words. They often sound different in the voice in your head than they are in the voice in mine!! So I hang out in the check in, where they know me and if I trip on words, they are very forgiving!!!
I feel like I missed some major drama. I was mainly active in 2011-12, and again in 2014 before my move and another pregnancy derailed me completely. I guess we could discuss more workouts on other platforms... It's still home fitness right? Lol

Old 01-18-22, 09:35 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I find it amazing how long this board has been active. I’ve only been posting for a few years and I have made such wonderful virtual friends. I would love to meet them someday. Everyone here is so full of knowledge. I guess I’ve never seen any negative posting. Lucky me I continued to post even after I broke my foot in the beginning of Covid 2020. And now I continue to check in daily with my group despite being in a near fatal car accident and just learning to walk again these past few months. They have been the best cheerleaders in my recovery.
I'm sorry you went through all that and I'm glad you're still here! I'm guilty of dropping off the face of the earth because life happened so I think it's awesome you're still here. I participated in a check in both times I was here actively and enjoyed it a lot. I've been wondering if anyone active is a mom with younger kids... I feel like they'd "get me" hahaha.

Old 01-18-22, 09:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I.miss the no buy threads where people (myself included) would buy a bunch of workouts before starting the "no buy.". Those were such fun threads.
Enabling with streaming doesn't seem nearly as exciting, does it?

As far as the OP, I also feel sad when I have to do research on a workout and bump into a thread full of VFers no longer posting.

I do enjoy reliving the giggles ..some of those threads STILL make me heehaw.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 11:48 PM  
rhbrand

Ok you've got me going through the old posts lol

Its fun even seeing instructors I've totally forgotten about. Some I had owned at one time or another.

Tags
abandonware, dvds vs streaming, vf activity