Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-22, 08:48 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I agree with many of these recommendations especially:
1) Clamshells with a resistance loop or other resistance.
2) Bridges with resistance loop.
3) Hip abduction with loop. I do a combo in a descending ladder I got from Bret Contreras: 10 bridges, 10 abductions (pulling legs out) , 9 bridges, 9 abductions etc. to challenge yourself you can do the abductions in a bridge position. Increase difficulty by using a heavier band or starting with a higher number of reps. Also when I get down to 1 rep, I do 1 rep of each move back to back 10 times. Really fries the glutes.
4) Monster walks with band around ankles or just walking side to side with the band around ankles.
5) Banded abductions while seated on a chair if you can't get down to floor for some reason.

I recommend the fabric bands as they don't roll up and cause discomfort like the latex ones.

I need to start doing these again!
I bought some fabric bands a while back, along with the regular flat rubber bands. I think I'm all set!

I've taken a break from exercising/working out (for the past 2-3 days) because of some upper body pain and a few other reasons/excuses that I won't get in to here, but I am going to re-start today and sort through all these ideas/suggestions and see what I can do with them.

Thanks again, all!

Donna
Old 01-20-22, 08:52 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

i know that Tracie Long did some glute med work one of her dvds. Problem is I can't remember which one. Maybe someone else will know.

Tags
bands lower body, booty bands, bret contreras, glute building, glute workouts, gluteus medius, hip pain, medius gluteus