Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-22, 09:56 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day. Jan 16

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 10:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks again, Laura, for providing titles for these threads!

I'm planning on taking Gus for a nice long walk today as it'll get up in the 20s when we go. There might be some snow showers ahead also, but supposedly light, no need to shovel type. Sigh, I forgot about the WRC seminar yesterday - seems like I need to schedule my phone to give an alarm for everything I need to do these days. Otherwise I'll be putzing around today.

Vantreesta, nice of you to pop in! There's a number of snow and ice fun in this state - Stillwater has an ice maze going and Saint Paul will be starting their Winter Carnival next weekend.

Laura, I'm glad you're around your house consistently enough to let Polly in and out . Adelija enjoyed the basketball game then went out with some friends, getting home around 10:30 pm. I stayed up in bed until she got here.

Paula, glad DH is improving on the antibiotics! Hope that continues!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 10:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Anita, I have never heard of the ice maze! That sounds fun! We would love to see the ice caves on the north shore someday. Hoping to get up north snowshoeing this month or next. I just love winter! We only got 4 or 5" from this last snow so really not enough to snowshoe but I may take Cyric to the nearby state park this week and do it anyway. Before the deep freeze returns later this week!

Regarding reminders, I have probably 12 alarms set on my phone for weekdays. I don't generally transition and do what they're set for (constant work in progress), but they at least remind me what time it is since I tend to lose track.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 01:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I'm feeling like this theme applies to me these days.

Well, so far, the storm hasn't been as bad as predicted, but it's been what I expected. We've gotten some ice, but not enough to bring down our power lines. This storm is all about the power lines - will they stay up or come down? At this point, 1:30ish, we are passing the freezing mark. Warmer temps are coming in from the south and so some melting should happen this afternoon. My main hope is that the ice on the power lines will melt. We've had some brown-outs, but, so far, we're good.

I'm not doing much today. I am doing a load of laundry and will run the dishwasher. Other than that, we're watching TV, I'll do some crafting, and we're visiting Polly in her room.

Anita - We live and die by our shared calendar on our phones. DH puts his appointments on there with reminders before they happen so we know what's coming. I also have a personal calendar on which I put things he doesn't need to be reminded of so I can keep track of my stuff. We'd miss a lot of life without that.

Paula - I'm glad that DH is doing better. It will probably take him longer to get totally well than he'd want, but at least he's on an upswing.

Vantreesta - It sounds like you are expanding your list of things to do and places to go during the winter.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 01:57 PM  
Gams

The Apostle Island ice caves are closed this winter. They haven’t been open since 2014/2015. Lake Superior doesn’t have much ice yet.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 02:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
The Apostle Island ice caves are closed this winter. They haven’t been open since 2014/2015. Lake Superior doesn’t have much ice yet.
Yeah, that's part of the problem, never know what year they'll actually be open! Thanks for saying the name, I couldn't remember what they were called. Have you ever gone?

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-16-22, 02:29 PM  
Vantreesta

Laura, we used to do more (all year) but hubby pretty much works all the time the last couple years and has no real energy or motivation to go anywhere. We used to hike a lot but the last two years we have only done two weekend-long hiking trips and no single days. I really miss it. The hiking as well as having him engaged in life! I hope things get better for him soon. This is no way to spend his life.

Old 01-16-22, 03:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I spoke too soon. We lost power around 2:00 and they can’t start repairs until the storm passes. Almost 600 customers are impacted by this outage. We’re hoping some of them are the businesses next to our neighborhood - the bank, the grocery store, etc. Maybe that will increase our priority.

Vantreesta - Yup. That’s definitely no way to live. I hope things change for him soon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 04:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Laura. I hope your power is restored soon and that it isn't too cold!

Old 01-16-22, 09:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Ellen Barrett's Pick You Level Pilates.

Not much to say about today - just doing chores. DH is feeling better every day. Not 100 percent by a long shot, but so much better I'm amazed at how much and how quickly the antibiotics helped.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Don't feel alone, I have to schedule things on the calendar I carry in my purse, the two calendars in the house, my phone, and I put Post It Notes on my bathroom mirror for the really important things - all this and I still occassionally forget I have something coming up. Aging is a challenge. The ice maze sounds like fun, are you going to go?

Vanatreestra, me too on all the reminders needed to get somewhere on time. I'm retired and my brian seems to think I no longer have appointments, not true. I hear you on missing hiking. We used to go far more often than we do now, just getting old I guess but I miss it.

Laura, got a text from my sister this morning of snow in her backyard in Apex - just a dusting really but enough to show up in the picture. She said the prediction was for 9 inches and she doubted they'd get two. NC always seems to have more trouble with ice than snow. Hope your power was restored quickly.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote