Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-19, 01:28 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Anyone doing reformer pilates workouts?

About a year ago I fell in love with reformer pilates (at Club Pilates) so much that I got my own reformer. Over the summer I was extremely busy with work/travel, so when I had time to exercise, I felt like I had to get the most bang for my buck and do kettlebell workouts. So my reformer is lonely and I am having some trouble giving it some love. I need some inspiration to get back to it. I subscribe to John Garey TV, but not so inspired to use that either.

Who incorporates reformer pilates into your rotation? How and why? I need some motivation .

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:59 PM  
pgun3

I have never heard of reformer pilates
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 08:10 PM  
Taiga

I have been doing reformer workouts daily for the past few months (a few times per week before that). My spine feels so fluid and my core (not just the abdomen) fires effortlessly in my every day movements. I recently added the Stott yoga on the reformer DVDs and they are adding a new dimension to my core strength. Maybe try changing it up---reformer rebounding/jumpboard, yoga or athletic conditioning. The arc barrel on the reformer is interesting. What accessories do you have? Youtube has some great accessory workouts.
Old 09-07-19, 08:43 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I have never heard of reformer pilates
Here is a demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dNTQSn4JU

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
Old 09-07-19, 08:47 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I have been doing reformer workouts daily for the past few months (a few times per week before that). My spine feels so fluid and my core (not just the abdomen) fires effortlessly in my every day movements. I recently added the Stott yoga on the reformer DVDs and they are adding a new dimension to my core strength. Maybe try changing it up---reformer rebounding/jumpboard, yoga or athletic conditioning. The arc barrel on the reformer is interesting. What accessories do you have? Youtube has some great accessory workouts.
Taiga, are you doing the reformer at home?
I have the box, tramp, pole and the Stott DVDs. I think I'm going to get them out to review tomorrow. I really have no excuse!

Old 09-08-19, 04:52 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Pilates by Lisa has reformer workouts on her streaming service and provides weekly rotations for shorter mat and standing workouts, full mat-based workouts, reformer workouts, and short add-ons. It’s around $20 USD per month. Lisa is a wonderful Pilates instructor. I don’t have a reformer, but can attest to the excellence of the other workouts on her site.

Pilatesbylisa.com.au

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 09:29 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Pilates by Lisa has reformer workouts on her streaming service and provides weekly rotations for shorter mat and standing workouts, full mat-based workouts, reformer workouts, and short add-ons. It’s around $20 USD per month. Lisa is a wonderful Pilates instructor. I don’t have a reformer, but can attest to the excellence of the other workouts on her site.

Pilatesbylisa.com.au
Thank you, Linda! I didn't realize PBL had reformer workouts. I will check it out.

Old 09-09-19, 08:08 AM  
Rhonda

I have a reformer and it just sits there. I need to start using it and this thread it making me think I need to get it out.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 08:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I started doing them at the place where I'm getting physical therapy for my back. Unfortunately I can't continue after October. I'm scrambling to figure out how I'm going to continue reformer classes afterward. The reformer therapy is the only thing that's helped my wretched spine.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 08:47 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I started doing them at the place where I'm getting physical therapy for my back. Unfortunately I can't continue after October. I'm scrambling to figure out how I'm going to continue reformer classes afterward. The reformer therapy is the only thing that's helped my wretched spine.
Pat, that is great that the reformer is helping your spine! Are there any pilates studios in the area that are reasonably priced?

Tags
pilates, pilates reformer, pilates reformer videos, pilates streaming, reformer workouts