Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-15-22, 05:42 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 6,670

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 06:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No exercise yet. I have SJSC rehearsal locally this evening and will do something, probably Winsor Pilates, before bed.

We're going to run through the entire Brahms, which has an 80 minute performance time if there are no rehearsal interruptions; good luck with that. I sent an email to the director last week, asking if we could sing Hear Me, Redeemer in Henry's honor. I haven't heard back from him, but I cc'd the music librarian and she's bringing copies; although most of us can do it from memory. I hope we do; I had mentioned that Henry always had us sing it as our warmup at Voices of Hope rehearsals.

Facebook friends can click on the youtube link to hear a recording of us, with Leroy doing the solo. Non-FB, no problem, search for Hear Me Redeemer on youtube. The one with the Beatitude Mass picture is the linked one; or from our virtual tour concert last summer, the one with picture of blonde soloist with little pictures circling.

Oh good -- we did sing it, with the soprano soloist.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 06:58 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I was tired last night and had an opportunity to go to bed early. Guess what I did? LOL So, I didn't post last night. This morning I have to go do labs for thyroid.

Steps from yesterday: 5,501

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-16-22, 01:03 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's Leg Day. Not so much walking because of rain and schedule, but I've walked a lot this week as usual.

Cynthia, I'm glad you sang the song in honor of the composer.

Diana, it's good to get some sleep when you can. How is your DH doing with his sleep issues? I think my DH has sleep apnea. Hoping this can be one of the issues discussed when he goes to a doctor appt. next week.
Old 05-16-22, 06:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Rest day. Went to the chiropractor today & want to give my a a chance to stay fixed.
Old 05-16-22, 07:11 PM  
lynnf

Got tied up with the conference on Thursday and Friday. Sat did the walk and Sunday barre 3 30 minutes. Today no exercise yet, but DH and I might do a walk soon. I had an outing to a Catholic church in wine country in AR, which was built by German immigrants in 1901, as part of a project by some of my colleagues studying immigration to the area. They asked me to do some filming discussing the decoration of the church, so today was the day. It was quite interesting and I'd never been there. But I didn't get in my normal am exercise session.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 09:05 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia I'm also glad you were able to sing. I was able to listen to Hear Me Redeemer. Beautiful.

Cheryl DH is doing well with the cpap machine. It has made a huge difference for him. There is definitely an adjustment period.

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-17-22, 07:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 12,825

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-17-22, 05:58 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's upper body strength workout with dumbbells. I also have plenty of walking. Every day we are very concious of our gratitude for being able to live here. It's where we are supposed to be, and it is a blessing.

Lynn, the wine country outing sounds interesting!

Diana, glad to hear that your DH is sleeping better. I know those machines are a big deal.

Cynthia, chiropractors always make me a little nervous. ;-) My neck feels a little vulnerable with all those rapid, jerky adjustments.
Old 05-17-22, 08:12 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Nothing to report yet. I am looking at something (Pilates, yoga, stretch) for bedtime. I had a lot to do today. Got something done that I'd been putting off, my second shingles shot. I met a friend of a friend years ago, who was blinded by shingles. DD had shingles in college, from stressing over exams. I keep urging her to get the shots.

Diana, I imagine the CPAP machines have improved over the years. Once in the 1990's at a church lady retreat, my roommate slept in one. It was like sharing a room with Darth Vader.

Lynn, I never figured AR for wine country! Any noteworthy art or architecture in that church?

Cheryl, I swear by (not at) my chiropractor. I may have mentioned that she cured my whiplash in one treatment after I was rear-ended in traffic.