Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-22, 03:00 PM  
Jules

Happy Cinco de Mayo! My sinus infection was not getting better so I started antibiotics a couple of days ago. I am already feeling a lot better. I did Cathe's Low Impact Circuit yesterday but it kind of wiped me out.

Today I plan to do Les Mills The Trip. Hopefully my energy will bounce back to normal soon. I have had 5 colds and Covid, plus the sinus infection this school year. I have one more year to go working at the school and then I will probably move on since my son will be in high school and I will be fully vested. Hopefully I can find a new job where I am not exposed to so many viruses!

Kate- Glad you got some sun. We possibly have more snow on the way this weekend so look out!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 08:04 PM  
Jules

Happy Mother's Day!

My husband was so sweet this morning and made eggs benedict - yum! I have still been very tired, but that is typical for me when I have sinus issues. I kind of wonder if I also have a touch of whatever bug my daughter caught in Atlanta?

Today I did Cathe's Travel Fit. I ordered some of the Group RX workouts that are on sale and am looking forward to trying them out. I have a couple of the War workouts and they are excellent. I also want to try out the Peak Fit workouts, but I am waiting until I am back to normal.
Old 05-10-22, 04:12 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! Just checking in to say my sinus infection is pretty much gone.

Yesterday I did ICE Metabolic Total Body and today I did Step Reebok Intense Moves - golden oldie! I used a 6 inch step and it felt very doable. I am keeping my step to 6 inches for most workouts these days so I don't irritate my knee. I may do some yoga tonight.

It snowed on Mother's Day and yesterday. I bought a bunch of Wave petunias at Costco last week and it has been too cold to plant them. They are sitting in our living room. It looks like it will be nicer this weekend so I hope to get them into pots then.
Old 05-13-22, 06:33 PM  
Jules

Fri-yay! We got more snow this morning but the sun finally came out and melted it all. It is supposed to be in the 50's and 60's over the next week. I plan to plant my flowers in pots tomorrow.

Wed: BodyCombat 66
Th: ICE Boot Camp + Blizzard Blast and Core
Today: Group RX Sport 4

My Group RX workouts came in the mail yesterday and I tried one today. I did Sport 4 and it went great! It was very similar to Les Mills in that each track is set to a different song and has a theme. There was a lot of single leg balance work and my heart rate got way up there in tracks 4 and 5. I enjoyed the music choices and the 2 female instructors. I had to hit rewind a couple of times, but overall the choreography was easy to follow. I really appreciated that the equipment was minimal - just a step and a light set of dumbbells. The workout clocked in at 60 minutes and I burned 435 calories.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-14-22, 06:58 PM  
Jules

I tried Group RX Sport 5 today... another winner! I liked the music a lot in this one and the 2 female leads were excellent. The step was placed vertically to the TV and they used just one heavy dumbbell. I used a 10 pounder but next time I will go up to 12 or 15. The workout was 55 minutes and I burned 435 calories.

I am very happy that I bought these workouts! They challenge me and get my endorphins going - I feel accomplished but not exhausted when I am done. I still need to try out the Transform ones.
Old 05-16-22, 04:20 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I took yesterday off to do errands. Today I decided to keep the Sport training going with workout #6. This one featured a guy and a gal and it felt tough and even "sportier" than the previous two workouts. There were lots of planks including bird dogs - I quickly realized my balance needs work! There were controlled burpees and renegade rows. I used a step, a 12 pound dumbbell and a set of 10 pound dumbbells. I thought my calorie count would come in higher than the previous two workouts but it was slightly less - 431 calories in 55 minutes.
Old 05-16-22, 05:34 PM  
Malinda

Jules, you are doing awesome! I have some of the Group RX War and RIP workouts, and Kate gifted me with two Bootcamp ones. I really like their stuff. I thought about buying some things during the sale, but then got sidetracked and never hit "Buy".

I apologize for being MIA. I have been doing random workouts, I can't seem to settle on a rotation, or stick with anything I start lately. I'm still working out daily, just without any rhyme or reason.

I am really looking forward to LIIFT MORE from Joel Freeman and Beachbody. I believe early access starts in July; I may actually pay for it. In the meantime, I re-started MBF today. If I stick with it (and that's a mighty big "If"), it will get me through June/early July, so then LIIFT MORE will be ready for me to start. We'll see.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I haven't seen Kate post for awhile, and I'm hoping everything is okay. I see Kim and Linda post on other threads. If y'all are reading this, Hi!!!!

Take care Jules!
Old 05-18-22, 02:25 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys...quick checkin...I'm here, things are ok, but time gets away from me.

Still working through Caroline Girvan Epic 1, mixing in Cathe Live and some Les Mills.

I'll be back with more. Take care!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 05:30 PM  
Jules

Malinda: Random is a good thing - keeps your body guessing! I love to do whatever I feel like in the summer, but I try to stick to more of a "rotation" during the school year so I don't waste too much time staring at my collection trying to choose the best workout for that day.

Kate: I am so glad you are ok - I was starting to get worried!

So I did another Group RX Sport - #7. This one kicked my a$$ a little. It was led by the same guy as #6 and a very pregnant gal who showed modifications. (Props to Group RX for having a pregnant lady lead this tough workout. What a great role model!) I started out using 10 pound dumbbells and quickly had to drop down to 5 pounders for track 3. I was able to use the 10 pounders for the rest of the workout. Also, I used an 8" step for everything except the agility track where I had to drop down to 6" since it involved stepping very quickly on and off the step. My heart rate got up to 185 during the intervals and the agility tracks. Legs got hit hard in the entire workout and my calorie burn was higher than previous Sports - 490 in 60ish minutes (I had to hit pause and walk around a couple of times.)
Old 05-19-22, 04:29 PM  
Jules

Just tried Group RX Transform 12 and I liked it a lot! There were 3 female instructors and they were very calm and easy to follow. The music matched well with the moves and I enjoyed it. My only complaint would be that some of the moves were done with one foot on the mat and the other foot off, which felt very awkward to me since I work out on thick carpet. They did side crow, which is always challenging for me. They also did eagle pose several times. I have broad shoulders so I have to work at it. Calorie burn was 327 in 55 minutes.