Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-29-22, 09:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

No workout yet, I had an early meeting. Hoping to get something in later...

I also have an interview in about 15 min, LOL!

Pat - enjoy the day off! I wonder if Lucy will be doing a May challenge? I like that she is posting challenges regularly, she has so much content on her site it is hard for me to sort through it all and the challenge helps me to organize it. Her April challenge was one short workout per day. I didn't end up doing it, but it is in the back of my mind - particularly as I get into my work busy season and we are having more remodeling and painting work done.

we are staying here for at least another 3-4 years - while my DD finishes up school. Who knows how the housing market will be then - I think now we could sell "as is" but we're not selling now...and we may as well get it done and enjoy it until we decide to move.

We are looking at PA b/c it is more tax-friendly than MD. But I think each state gets you one way or another - PA has higher real estate taxes....

I did hear that NM, while beautiful does have a high crime rate. And then there is the whole water issue in the southwest as well.

Anyway - sorry to ramble.

I haven't been to a psychic but I do believe in certain "magical coincidences" for lack of a better word...just things that happen that seem random but are not...if that makes sense.

Anyway...today is my 4 year anniversary in my current job and I have an interview -so maybe the means something? LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 05:27 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Workouts!

Friday's Workout:
Cathe step workout followed by Stability Ball Abs, Tamilee’s Better Than Nothing – 1 set each of squats, biceps, overhead presses and tricep extensions
Yoga with Bird, 10 minute full body stretch

Saturday:
Spin bike workout - Les Mills RPM 38
Pushups
BE Series 1100 Show 4 - Pecs, Back, Glutes, Abs, Outer Thighs - this one was a good traditional Margaret workout!
Tamilee Webb's Holiday Challenge - 3 sets of 10 Abs - I did lower, oblique then upper just to hit all areas
Yoga with Bird - 10 minute stretch - I need to get back to yoga as I notice a difference in my flexibility.

Pat: My DH just shakes his head but thankfully doesn't hassle me about doing mediums or psychics at all. However, he's always interested in hearing what they said and then promptly tries to explain away how he or she knew these things. He's extremely left-brained so this is to be expected. Today, so far, no error messages!

Donna: How did your interview go? As far as the Southwest, water was always a problem when we lived in San Diego and it has gotten far, far worse now. I would love to move back there but the fire seasons are now far longer, almost year round. I just don't like being land locked. This is the first place I've lived where I feel "trapped", if you will, not being close to the shore or coast. Delaware is a very tax friendly state but the humidity scares me. Still, we won't do anything until we are sure. Our house would sell with multiple offers right now, as-is, but it's not the right time. Houses in my development are getting multiple offers and the prices are ridiculous! Four have sold in less than 3 months within a three day period. It's insane.

Have a good day everyone - will check back later with today's workout! Hi to Summer Breeze and Pam!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 12:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!
I’m still alive, lol, just took a bit of a hiatus from the internet. We were in the city for the weekend & brought my BFF up to the house for a few days. We had a wonderful time!

Here’s my week, I took more rest days & I think my body needed it!

Saturday:
~Harbourfront walk in Sidney, 11,000 steps
~Bedtime stretch

Sunday:
~Modified day 1 circuit with resistance tubes & bands
~Outdoor walk & mini golf with the girls
~Bedtime stretch

Monday:
~Rest day

Tuesday:
~Taught Essentrics
~Walk in downtown Courtenay perusing the shops with my friend
~Bedtime stretch

Wednesday:
~Rest day

Thursday:
~Cardio 15 min gentle rebounding & 15 min on maxi glider
~Strength circuit day 1
~My usual potpourri of joint stretches, yin poses, hip stretches, & Yamuna’s psoas & adductor acupressure releases.

Yesterday:
~Beach & park walk on blustery sunny day
~Kinesiology appt - more new exercises!
~My usual potpourri of joint stretches, yin poses, hip stretches, & Yamuna’s psoas & adductor acupressure releases.

I’ll be back later to chat after I catch up…

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 12:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day here, I just love hearing all the birds and having the windows and doors open. Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 20/15/10 recumbent bike/treadmill/arc trainer
~ Bird Everyday Yoga Full Body Stretch
~ 3,475 steps

I had planned to begin Lucy's Summer Ready April challenge but heard a new one is coming for May. That might appeal more, the April one requires the same cardio every day before the various toning workouts. Meh.

Nice to see you and hear your trip is so enjoyable, Pam.

Donna, how was the interview? We had thought of selling "as is," too, and downsizing. But there was nowhere to move! I hope Lucy's next challenge won't be very repetitive. I noticed already that in just 1.5 weeks of not using her workouts regularly that my back is getting cranky and my Pants-O-Meter is starting to scream.

Summer Breeze are you still having the wind? It makes the temp drop so much and walking a challenge. Oh well, it's better than a heat wave.

Diane, you do such good fitness oriented workouts. You have a good library of the vintage, tried and true ones.

Well have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-22, 01:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Donna - I hope your interview went well! Thanks for suggesting Bodykind, it looks good. I like walking without talking workouts.

Pat - Enjoy your weekend sunshine! It’s unsettled here & a bit cooler than normal. When we get sunny breaks, we try and get out and enjoy them before it clouds over again. That’s spooky about the psychic mentioning NM!

Waves to Diane & summer breeze!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 04-30-22, 09:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a cardio focused day:
~15 min gentle rebounding & 15 min on maxi glider
~BellyFit Springtime Ritual series: Sacred Hearth - This was nice, good music, 20 min, gentle. I’d call it a BF Sage workout as pace was slower.
~ETV: Alexa’s Live Cardio Stretch Workout #1 - Really enjoyed this one, plan to use her shoulder series in my next class.
~Another long stretch & supported yin poses, focus on hips, shoulders, & QL

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 05-01-22, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

32 minute outdoor walk

I've been feeling a little lethargic of late.
Allergies maybe? I've had a few things on my mind disrupting my sleep a bit more than usual too. Hoping for another walk today.

PAT, good to see you back at the gym. Yes it's been very windy for most of the week.

PAM, welcome back. Glad to see you enjoyed your time in the city and with your friend's visit.

DONNA, I hope your interview went well.

DIANE, great workouts.

I have a realtor coming this week to look at my house. It's certainly too cluttered right now to show to people but I'll see what she has to say. They are selling pretty quickly here too as is. I also have the problem of where to go once I sell. I was thinking about just renting for a bit until I figure it out but I'm not sure if that makes sense.
But I guess I want to sell while the market is hot since I'm really not in a position to make any repairs or improvements. So I'll see if the realtor has any insights. Their insight is usually governed by getting a commission so not sure how much help she'll be

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 11:31 AM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

Thankfully I went downstairs to do my workout first thing this morning because right now I have zero motivation to do anything but read. I'm rereading an oldie by Wally Lamb, "She's Come Undone" and it's hard to put down.

Today's workout:
Cathe Ab workout - from one of the STS dvds no equipment
Tamilee's Holiday Challenge - 3 sets of 10 bridges
Stretch segment from Cathe's Total Stretching
Strained Hamstring Yoga - Annie Pilates Physical Therapist - this was more mobility than stretch and felt really good!
Will be adding another yoga this afternoon. I added a Bad Yogi practice yesterday afternoon and realized how much my body needed it.

Pam: So happy you enjoyed your BFF visit! Our weather is getting better but I did put the heat on when I woke up this morning. It’s May, what the heck????

Pat: Thank you – my choices in fitness are mainly because I get bored very easily and need constant change. Maybe that’s why I’m always struggling with wanderlust. How’s your hand doing?

Summer Breeze: Allergies can do that to you. I struggle with allergies as well. I take a plethora of allergy meds morning and night! One of my closest friends up here is a realtor so I feel badly saying that I really don’t care for realtors whatsoever! When we sold our house in San Diego, we had a realtor who wanted us to take a low ball offer. We both were still working so we weren’t in a rush. She was not happy with us but we ended up getting our price and not having to do anything to the house. Really left a bad taste in my mouth. Don’t let any realtor tell you what YOU should do. It’s still a seller’s market. Problem is, where do we go once we sell? We’re struggling with that as well. Good luck and keep us posted!

Waves to Donna!

Going back to my book now. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 03:21 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up with workouts:

Friday - I did a bunch of Gina B's 1 song workouts strung together. I did a warm-up, 2 lower body workouts, 2 upper and a cool down.

Saturday - Leslie - 20 Min Fast Walk from Tone Every Zone & Jessica Valent - Mindful Movement Full Body Pilates Workout

Sunday - Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Yoga Challenge Day 1 - which was a 5 min morning yoga, Ellen - 4 Elements Flow, and I added on another Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Morning Yoga Miracle

I think my friend in NY has COVID - I was talking to her Friday and she was coughing and said it felt like an elephant was sitting on her chest. That is exactly what a co-worker said when she had it....

Randomness - my interview, I think, went well. There were three people on the panel and I think I sold two of them - but the other one was hard to read and seemed a bit uptight. But the other two - one was the person who would be my manager, and the other was someone who would be my co-worker - so I think it was more important to "sell" to them. I also do sometimes wonder if I just shouldn't stay put - I mean, it sucks, but I'm planning on retiring soon-ish, but maybe trying to find something more palatable is not a bad thing....who knows!

Speaking of selling, in a way I wish we were ready to go - b/c it would be nice to sell "as is" and not have to put any work into our house - but we're not ready yet so we figure we may as well do the work, make it nice for the time we're here and who knows what the market will be like when we ARE ready.

Summer Breeze - renting may not be a bad idea - Like so many things it is so hard to make a decision when there are a bunch of unknowns!

Pat - Lucy has a new challenge out for May - I am considering following it, too. My Pants-o-Meter is screaming as well....

Waves, everyone!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 09:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Qi Gong 30 day challenge: day 1
~BellyFit Rising Creativity
~Strength circuit day 1
~Long stretch & yin poses

Summer breeze - Good luck with the realtor! There are good ones out there but also some who are shady as Diane said. It’s a seller’s market most places I think, mainly due to low inventory.

Diane - I read She’s Come Undone several years ago & really liked it.

Donna - How soon do you find out if you’re being offered the new job? I can see it would require some thought if you are offered it. Maybe make a list of pros & cons for each?

Waves to Pat!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga