Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-22, 02:43 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Gina B - Dance that Walk - Circuit # 2

It was a fun routine - first 20 min was upper body w/ cardio and 2nd 20 min was lower body w/ cardio. I did skip the abs since I was short on time.

Waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 06:02 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

I feel like it's been eons since I've been here but really less than a week. I've been busy doing house stuff, decluttering, going through books and am now rereading my Joan Didion books. My absolute favorite author.

So, workouts - today's:
Body Electric Classics workout - I did an upper body focus and cherry-picked through.
Possible bike ride today if it warms up enough.

Pat: I hope your surgery went well. This getting "older" nonsense is for the birds!

Donna: As I sit here typing, the heat is STILL on. I feel like this year's winter has been particularly long. Enough already.

Summer Breeze: I've been slacking off as well but thankfully not sitting around. I've been so focused on researching where to move - so far the list of negatives to the places we would like to go is way longer than the positives. Glad to see your walking is back on track.

Pam: Yes, more snow. It's ridiculous. I actually love functional fitness days - house cleaning has a two-fold benefit - moving and ending up with a clean space!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Our yearly robin's nest is back on my front porch and I love watching them, despite the obvious mess. I clean it at the end of summer but watching nature is so soothing.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 08:47 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterdays workouts:
~10 minutes very gentle rebounding, first time in ages as I was being cautious because of my hip thing. It felt good!
~Outdoor walk + functional fitness cleaning & organizing - cracked through 11,000 steps
~Strength circuit day 1
~My usual potpourri of joint stretches, yin poses, hip stretches, & Yamuna’s psoas & adductor acupressure releases.

We are off to the city for 2 nights, then on Monday bringing my best friend back to the house for a few days. We were roomies in residence back in the 70s and have stayed close ever since. She is in Victoria for work related meetings over the weekend. We are both so excited because we haven’t seen each other since fall 2019.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

48 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today.

PAM, what fun to spend time with your friend! Enjoy.

DIANE, hope you got your bike ride in.

Waves to DONNA & PAT!! Hope you're recovering well PAT.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 10:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the well wishes. Things went well but having stitches where the thumb and hand join is a major PITA. I power walked around the neighborhood Wed. A.M. before the surgery then on Saturday DH dragged me down to the beach for a short beachcombing (him) while I strolled around on the sand. We went to my organic cafe, a good pile of kale and pot of ginger tea helped.

They come out this Wed. Keep up the good work everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 10:59 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Catching up:

Yesterday was:

Gina B - Dance that Walk # 2 - PreMix # 1 (this was good, I think one of the background exercisers is Gina's mom!)

Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Every Day Yoga

CS 1301

Today, so far has been:

Blissasana Yoga - Morning Mobility/Yoga for Creating Space & Yoga Dance/Blissful Moving Meditation (Both on You Tube). I hadn't seen much new for this channel, but it looks like she has recently uploaded a few new videos

The weather is nice today and I feel like taking it easy.

Pat - I'm glad you are healing!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
Old 04-25-22, 07:14 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Got back to my routine, somewhat. I told my DH that I have to make sure I get my workout done early so that nothing else sidelines me for the day. With that said, today's workout:

Cathe Step Workout (now I can't remember which one I did), followed by BE Classic Lower Body workout and pushups. I'm also adding in Tamilee Webb's "Better than Nothing Holiday Workout" and today was 3 sets of 10 squats. A lot of stretching at the end.

Pam - I hope your visit with your friend is wonderful! I cannot wait to see my best friend after so many years. Hoping to see her in January as we're planning on a road trip and stopping in Ohio.

Summer Breeze - Yes, got my bike ride in! I *may* do one this morning but I have a busy day planned - garage cleaning, gardening. I need to take advantage of a good previous night's sleep!

Pat - Hope the healing is going well. Stuff like this just reminds us we're human and not super heroes!

Donna - Hope you had a relaxing and easy day yesterday!

Well, that's all folks. Have a wonderful day!

Diane
Old 04-25-22, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have not been in the mood to workout lately! But, I did manage to do:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates In Motion Lower Body
Caroline Sandry - Total Body Pilates - Booty

It worked. The Pilates in Motion was light walking w/ some toning and the Total Body segment started with some standing exercises and then moved on to the floor.

Maybe I'll stick w/ Caroline this week.

I think not having a plan may be part of my problem, LOL! I do seem to do better w/ a plan even if I make adjustments to the plan.

Diane - yes I'm more consistent if I do it first, before anything else can distract me.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you have been able to get out and walk!

Pat - hope you are feeling better.

Pam - Waves!

Donna
Old 04-25-22, 10:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

28 minute outdoor walk

Short but very brisk walk with DD yesterday. Hoping for another walk today.
I'm feeling a little draggy so it may be another short one.

PAT, great to hear from you!! Glad things went well and you got to the beach for a stroll

DIANE, glad you got some good sleep. Good workouts and functional work too. I need to start purging but I haven't been able to face it yet.

DONNA, nice workout. Oh I know that not wanting to work out feeling all too well. You do seem to do better with a plan

Hi PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 06:54 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

So two days in a row and I think my sticking to working out pretty much first thing is working! No distractions, I have my coffee then head downstairs.

Today's workout:
Pushups
BE 1100, Show 2 - pecs (more pushups), triceps, biceps, abs and hamstrings
Tamilee Webb's Better than Nothing - biceps & overhead shoulder presses
Stretching

I got a text early this morning and besides taking care of Angel, I have to take care of a neighbor's cat & dog. Their daughter-in-law had the baby last week but she's back in the hospital with complications. Life can be so hard sometimes.

Donna - it's hard to get back into a routine when you're just not feeling it. I have those days more than I care to think about! As long as we do something, it's all good!

Summer Breeze - purging.... it's been hard. I'm finding books I didn't know I had and books are my weakness. I find it so difficult to get rid of my books. They are all so loved! But it must be done

Pat - Hope the healing is going well. Looking into Santa Fe and New Mexico and we've eliminated those from our list. New Mexico is not tax-friendly to retirees - Social Security is taxed, like CT, and overall more tax heavy than other states. Right now they are dealing with massive fires. Having gone through three or four fires while living in San Diego, it's not fun and very, very scary. Plus water is at a premium there because of constant drought. I will not be happy if I have to stay here but I'm also a realist and know I want to be safe.

Waves to Pam - hope you're enjoying your friend's visit!!!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Diane

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga