Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-21, 03:47 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonH View Post
I meant to post the other day about the Elton John cool down ride, but forgot to. I was going to tell everyone who has Peloton access that they have to do it. So Daphne, you read my mind. I don’t know how he does it, but Bradley made me feel like he was about to jump out of that little screen and give me a hug. I too wish someone else (Bradley) would do a full-length Elton John ride..
It makes me so happy that you had the same reaction! I agree, we all have to do this one. It was the cutest when Norm came over to my side of the basement to sing the chorus with me. I was ear to ear The power of music is real.

My running has fallen from 25ish miles per week to more like 10-15 miles per week. My frequency hasn't changed but my distances have. I've been wanting to get better at strength training, cycling and rowing and haven't had as much time to devote to running, so most of my runs are between 2 and 3 miles. It just hit me that I'm missing out on all the great fall scenic runs by doing that though, so I'm going to reach out to see if one of my old running companions feels like a fun slow run together on the weekend. I miss seeing them anyway. People are retiring, getting second homes, etc, so it's harder to make plans and I've gotten in a rut of running in my neighborhood. (Fortunately my neighborhood has beautiful trails, ponds and lots of critters.)

Besides Bradley's Famous Elton John Cooldown Ride, I have two more workouts to praise, both of them Hydrow rows I did this morning:
  • "Express 10 minute HIIT" (a Drive) with Mac dated 10/30/21. She's rowing on the Anacostia River here in DC, which runs into the Potomac. I was trying to pick out landmarks like Nats Park and Audi Field. The 10 minute HIITs fly by and Mac has a quiet personality that is appealing. I also covet Mac's workout tops. She finds amazing colors and styles that pop right off the screen in contrast to the blue/grays of the water and the sky.
  • "Two Strokes Cooldown" with Nick dated 11/3/21. This is one of the rows while they were in Lake Lucerne, Switzerland and it has the best scenery of any that I've seen. Also the drill he did was very enjoyable and really helped me to connect and push off better. (2 strokes full pressure; 2 strokes light pressure, maintain stroke rate.). A+
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote