Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-21, 10:57 AM  
Daphne M

Vannie - I am inspired by your DIY workout. Great creativity and planning. I had the same out-of-body experience reading about it that I used to get when I'd read pre-designed workouts in fitness magazines: like, I absolutely am saving these pages and I will do this workout the minute I get home. And then of course, I find the magazine pages inside a file folder in my workout room about 10 years later.

You guys! I need to talk about goals! And workouts!

Goals: Do you all have some good end of the year fitness goals to share? After a brutal month at work, I finally have the mental energy to focus on fitness again, so I'm trying to set goals for the remaining 10 and a half weeks of the year. And just in the nick of time, because we are now in a race to the finish! According to the internet, there are 72 days left in 2021.
I think having so many choices is making it harder for me to make goal-setting decisions. Outdoors, I can run or walk; indoors, I have all the varied workouts that Hydrow and Peloton have to offer. And even a treadmill. And I still have hundreds of neglected DVDs sitting on shelves. Can we call this #First-worldFitnessProblems?
  • So far, I have one no-brainer goal: get to 1 million meters on Hydrow so I can get my shirt. (Or is it a hat? I forget.) 1 need to average about 1,850 meters/day to do that. Fingers crossed my hamstring will cooperate.
  • I haven't decided on a bike goal yet. Or a strength goal. Or a running goal. And I've set up crime scene tape around the bathroom scale because I've been afraid to go near it during my time of my unfortunate work incarcertation. Yikes!

Favorite Workouts

Peloton bike - eek, they are all running together!
  • I've started dabbling in some different bike instructors including Christine (CDE), Sam, Olivia and Jenn Sherman.
  • I cussed out the very adorable Olivia. Jenn's ride was solid and she did not drop a single eff bomb, which apparently is atypical for Jenn.
  • I adore Sam and the CDE ride I did was 10 out of 10. I think my favorite ride in the last week was a Ben mood ride. The mood was 'happy' and I needed it. CDE's reflection ride also landed just right with me.
Peloton strength
  • Just about any 20 minute intermediate strength workout with Daniel, Ben or Selena is a good one for me.
  • I've bookmarked a 10 minute all-standing core strength with Rebecca that looks like fun.
Peloton stretch - Andy is my guy for warm-ups and pre- and post-run stretches. His pre-workout activations are the best.
Hydrow - Honestly, too many great Hydrow workouts lately to count.
  • They've been doing a lot of 2-person rows and the back-and-forth dialogue is great.
  • Aquil filmed some rows on the Potomac here in DC that are great, although I need to email him some DC restaurant suggestions to broaden his horizons.
  • Mike's "Our Common Thread" row is THE BEST.
  • Finally, just this morning I did the Head of the Charles Race (HOCR) row. Eight of the Hydrow athletes were on an 8-seater together with a coxswain and they rowed the HOCR course together in total, intense race mode. The coxswain kept up a steady patter of instructions and there was a surprise ending. The S/M rate started at 26 and stepped up two strokes every 4 minutes: 26, 28, 30, 32 and wide open to the finish line. Fantastic. There are 8 other workouts packaged with the 17-minute race workout and if you do 3 of them 9 workouts by Sunday night, there's a badge. The actual HOCR takes place this weekend and several of the Hydrow athletes are competing. Go Team!

That's all folks! I've been in and out of this post for a couple of hours while juggling work projects and I have no idea what the heck this formatting is going to look like when I finally post it. It'll be an adventure.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event

Last edited by Daphne M; 10-20-21 at 11:01 AM. Reason: so many formatting issues! LOL
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote