Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-21, 05:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Any fitness plans for the start of 2022?

I mentioned in another thread that I plan to add weighted lifts/carries to my routine. Not a major change, just a little tweak to the routine.

How about you? Any plans (big or small) to change up your routine for 2022? Or, are you thinking about using that Christmas money to buy some new fitness equipment, gadget or streaming service?

Do tell!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 05:24 PM  
alisoncooks

I’ve bounced in and out of my online shopping cart about 10 times, trying to get the nerve to hit “purchase” on a concept 2 rower! I’ve been planning it, but still…!!! I have to work myself up to it, lol.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 06:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Alison, I can appreciate your hesitation in pulling the trigger. I keep going back and forth on a plyo box and they're way cheaper than a C2! Good luck!

I'm planning to start the year with the 45-day rotation option of the Thick Thighs Save Lives (TTSL) ebook. ETA: Also will start back running, at the beginning yet again!

I am also trying to figure out how I want to incorporate loaded carries (thanks, Alta, I never think about them), and more mobility, agility and primal movement into my routine.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 06:06 AM  
dlb

Just to start again for the umpteenth time before yard work starts again (which will be a bit in WI).
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 08:11 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I want to lose 5-10 lbs!!!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 08:22 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I'd like to get back to a more traditional cardio/strength rotation. I've been doing lots of Essentrics/Classical Stretch to keep myself moving, and while it does have benefits and feels good, I've gotten lazy and neglected other areas of fitness. I've lost a lot of upper body strength and I'm pretty sure my cardio capacity has diminished, as well.
Old 12-27-21, 08:22 AM  
DCW

I want to use my bike more. Cold weather may deter other cyclists and it gives me a chance to build some stamina. Plus, I want my friends to continue our monthly bike rides.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 01:49 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I’ve bounced in and out of my online shopping cart about 10 times, trying to get the nerve to hit “purchase” on a concept 2 rower! I’ve been planning it, but still…!!! I have to work myself up to it, lol.
I ended up talking myself out of the Concept 2. I still really want one, lol, but I can’t be convinced that the noise won’t wake up the family when I exercise in the early morning.

I did decide to take another chance on a spin bike. I bought one a few months ago, but it was a lemon right out of the box. I upped my price range just a hair and got a name brand (Echelon ex15). I also ordered a tablet holder and a squishier seat. It should show up Tuesday.

I plan on continuing my strength workouts — I did pretty well with them this year until we all got a stomach virus in early December. Now I’ll add in some spin workouts.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 02:10 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm getting going with Pahla B.

I need a better internet connection, but it's good enough for now.

No major plans, just hoping to get moving again after having felt like a slug for two months.

Oh, and in terms of all-round health and well-being, I've got some strategies to continue nutritionally, and some more to continue managing my good mental health.
Old 12-28-21, 10:19 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I'm getting going with Pahla B.
I really like Pahla B! I followed three parts of her 5-0 plan lately: calorie deficit, keep workouts light, and water.

I tried her workouts but (1) I need more weight work/heavier weight work and (2) music. So once my knee healed enough, I finally found a low enough calorie deficit that I could consistently manage, and I did 3 weight workouts a week (Cathe Live instead), with the rest just either stretching (CS/Ess) or just nothing (walking aggravates my knee). The two things that I found were keeping my weight from shifting: cardio (which just made me hungry) and not being in a real calorie deficit for long enough time.

I kid you not -- I lost 11 pounds in a little over 3 months!

For realsies! I even dropped a full pant size. And bear in mind that I've gained 35 lbs in 3 years since starting perimenopause and numerous injuries and a surgery. And I *NEVER* thought losing weight for me was even possible. With the holidays I haven't been able to keep within the calories (sorry, Pahla) but I know now that I actually can and look forward to getting back to my routine next week.

So my plan for 2022 is pretty simple: stay in a consistent calorie deficit but meet my macros with nutrient-rich foods, do weights a few times a week when I can, and keep NOT doing cardio! (and keep up with water!)

(Pahla also has sleep as one of her 5-0 parts, but that's really really really hit or miss for me since peri. So not much I can do about that...)
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2022, goals, motivation, new year, new year goals