Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 11:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sandra & Margot - I have the digital version of Body Electric season 19. I log in to my profile on the webpage & it has my digital library. The episodes are all well chaptered so you can select separate segments. I’ve gone to buying digital workouts to save on shipping as it can be very pricey to Canada.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 09:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Moaning on Tuesday here, because I'm back at the office. Yesterday was another slug fest of reading, but at least I managed:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 17, 8 Minute Standing Pilates
~ Day 18, 10 Minute Standing Glutes
~ YWK Evening Yoga Challenge Day 6, Yin Yoga for Sore Muscles
~ 3,320 steps

Sandra, I like your Sandra's Premix approach.

Margot, jumping in with another recommendation of 2019 over 2020. 2020 has some really good episodes, then you get a total stinker. I noticed Margaret got more "innovative" for lack of a better word and was contriving some exercises that didn't feel safe and/or were so not enjoyable.

Paine, those are all my favorite Margarets too.

Cyana, thank you for the collard greens tips.

Sorry to miss saying hi to anyone - I'm so far behind! Have a good day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 11:04 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Lying Poses For Flexibility from Jane Adams Yoga For Beginners

Last night DH and I saw the first episode of Around the World in 80 Days (on Masterpiece Theater PBS). We thought it was pretty good and want to watch another episode! We had never seen the original movie so it was all new to us.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 02:43 PM  
Twigs

Today's workouts:

Thanks to Pam for bringing Helen to our notice. I found the following two short workouts really nice this morning.

- Welcome the Day - Well with Hells (14 min). Helen did a wide-legged forward fold with the arms stretched out in front (like in downward dog). That pose felt so good in my upper back.
- Jessica Smith 15 minute Cardio Blast
- HealthBarre Butt & Thigh Shapers (20 min)
- Happy Hips & Shoulders Stretch - Well with Hells (17 min) I've never come across shoulder stretches while in pigeon pose before.

Thank you Paine, Sandra, Pam and Pat for your Margaret recommendations. I'm planning on getting Season 19 for sure and have made a note of all the others. I wonder if anyone knows if Margaret has sales very often? I'd be buying digital copies like Pam, as the shipping costs and duties are so high. I had one piece of good news; I finally managed to log into my account and to my surprise found the two programs I bought in June 2016, 'Good 'n Strong' and ' Good For You'. So, I can get started tomorrow.

Cyana - Hope your fleece-lined tights have shown up. We had unusually warm weather over the Holidays but the temps have dropped a lot today. DH and I went for a brisk walk. It was really chilly.

Pat - It sounds as though you had a lovely restful day. There's nothing better than getting lost in a good book.

Paine - Thank you for mentioning 'Around the World in 80 Days'. I know it's something we'd enjoy and I like David Tennant as an actor. DH just found the series on BBC iplayer (catch up), so we're going to watch it this evening.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 03:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:
~20 minute Standing Yoga Flow (YT): https://youtu.be/XdA8eh0tSnY
~taught a standing/barre Essentrics class

Margot - Enjoy your MR workouts. I recently signed in and found the digital Body Electric workouts I bought a few years ago. I bought them when MR had a sale, but I don’t know if she has sales often.

Paine - I googled Around the World in 80 Days & it looks really good! I’m a big fan of David Tennant. I can’t watch PBS as don’t have cable, but maybe it will come to Netflix or Prime at some point.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-04-22, 05:43 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, Margaret had a sale during the holidays. She will probably have another sale at some point. Try out Good 'N Strong and Good For You to see if you like her workouts and then you'll know if you want more.

Pam, I bet Around the World in 80 Days will come to Amazon Prime since Amazon Prime has other Masterpiece Seasons (eg: Endeavour). We have not seen Endeavour yet but I want to watch the first episode of it to see if it's something we would like.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 07:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

We are going away for a few weeks tomorrow for some sunshine and warm weather. I’ll pop in here and there. Planning to keep up with yoga, Essentrics, & lots of walks.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-04-22, 08:24 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. I'm finally home with Meow Meow. I see Diana posted here for me. Thanks Diana.

Saturday evening I felt great. Then came Sunday morning. Turns out I had bad side effects from the opiod I was taking for the pain of not-a-torn-muscle-possible-kidney-infection-oh-look-cysts-on-both-kidneys-I-don't-know-who-to-believe. There were a few hours where my pain was on the right and they brought appendicitis into the mix of possibilites. No. No. No way. I told the dr the last time I had emergency surgery I was in septic shock in a coma on a vent for 4 days and he better find something else. He kept saying "I know. I know." Two surgeons vetoed appendicitis and they are my new best friends.

The smallest guy on the ambulance crew climbed in a window to let the other guys inside. They got me off the floor where I'd been for 2+ hours because I was not going back to that hospital. They grabbed my phones and charging cord but forgot my purse and pants The hospital has pants for people like me. I didn't even have a key to get in my house today but my neighbor with the key brought me home.

I went from no food or water to clear liquids to full liquids to real food!! Jello looks very good when you haven't eaten in 36 hours. Then I took everything off the menu that had fat because I was not going to cause a pancreatitis attack. I pushed my luck with pasta with marinara sauce while I prayed it had no oil, plus applesauce, peaches, and pears with a side of Cornflakes to snack on if I didn't come home. They'll be breakfast.

I was home 20 minutes before Meow came out of hiding. The neighbor who took care of her has dogs and Meow doesn't like her. When I finally got to hold Meow Meow she meowed up a storm reading me the riot act for leaving her. Little Miss Touch Me Not wouldn't let me put her down. When she put her nose on both lenses in my glasses to smudge them I knew she still loved me. Sandra, you'll enjoy this. Meow showed me her litter box wasn't cleaned yet today. Check. Then the wrong food was in her dry food bowl. Check. She went to the door to go to the porch. Check. She walked around the porch, came inside and jumped up into my arms. She knew I'd catch her. Then I got to hold her again

I can't tell you how good it is to be home although it was fun at times. A nurse remembered me so we walked the hall many times to catch up. The food is always good there when you can get it. Girly says its time for bed so I'll try to catch up tomorrow. If I wasn't so tired I'd use the bike or Cubii Jr. Good night ladies.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 08:29 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks for the well wishes. I needed them. Thank you.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 09:26 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, Linda, what an ordeal!!! So sorry to hear that you had to go through all that (although I admit to chuckling about the no pants). That was sweet about your reunion with MM.

Pam, enjoy your time away! Did you say where you're going?

I'm going to try that Well with Hells channel now too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote