Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-22, 11:30 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Barefoot & On The Mat: January 2022 Happy New Year!

This check-in is for ANYONE and EVERYONE who enjoys barefoot workouts, including yoga, Pilates, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, kickboxing, kettlebells, barefoot cardio, whatever - we welcome all! We are a friendly group of diverse ages and backgrounds. Post your workouts or not, we don't care...we'd love to have you join us in any capacity.

“I close my eyes to old ends and open my heart to new beginnings.”
~Nick Frederickson~

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 11:36 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I didn’t see a new check in thread so I started us off. I look forward to a new year of sharing and support with this wonderful group.
May 2022 be good to all of us!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-01-22, 12:49 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Pam! How was your snowshoeing?

I did much of nothing yesterday in the way of exercise. I remained couch bound, furiously reading to complete my 50 book goal for 2021 and watching TV marathons. Went to bed at 10:00, woke up at 8:30 and feel so much better for the rest. DH is slowly getting over it.

Happy New Year all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 02:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you Pam! That's one of my favorite quotes for the new year. I also really like this one by Rainer Maria Rilke (which I read in class yesterday):
“And now let us believe in a long year that is given to us, new, untouched, full of things that have never been."

I had the luxury today of attending a lovely 90-minute class at the studio where I teach that featured live acoustic guitar music. It was a great blend of gentle stretching, a bit of flow, a long meditation/shavasana, and readings for the new year.

Wishing a peaceful new year to all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 03:24 PM  
Twigs

Happy New Year everyone

Day 1 of 2022: I can't believe it's 2022. When I was very young, I used to think how ancient I'd be in the year 2000!
- Body Groove January 1 mix
- Karin's Daily Practise - Dynamic Spiralling & Balancing
- Short neighbourhood walk
- Kate Vantucci - Hands Off

Pam Thank you for starting us off. I love the quote.

Pat - Congratulations on achieving your goal of 50 books for 2021. It sounds like you had a lovely restful day. I'm happy to hear your DH is recovering. It must have been quite a scare.

Beth - I'd love to attend a class with live guitar music. Your students must have come away feeling really zen.

May 2022 bring you all health, happiness and good vibrations.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 03:38 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy New Year! I hope 2022 is better than 2021 for all of us.

Today is a rest day. This morning I went to two markets and I have been doing house work and food prep for the week.

Pam, thank you for starting our thread!

Pat, I'm glad your DH is improving. Congrats on reading 50 books for 2021!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 06:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - Your yoga class sounds wonderful and I love your quote.

Pat - Glad your DH is on the mend! Congrats on meeting your reading goal. I’ve fallen off reading lately after reading voraciously for most of the year. I enjoyed snowshoeing, it’s definitely a workout especially when there are hills involved.

Todays workouts:
~1 hour+ walking in the village, lots of snow & lots of hills
~Calming Moon Salutation Flow (YT)- This was another nice wrist free practice
~1 hour of yin on my own

Waves to Margot, Paine, and anyone else who drops in!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-01-22, 08:15 PM  
YogaGal

Happy 2022 NEW Year!!
I have missed all of you and missed posting here, but I was snowed under with grading and other work for the past two months of the fall semester, and then I was getting ready for Christmas (and shopping for kitties!). We went to a big gathering at my niece’s house mid-day on Christmas and we were lucky that with a sweater on and some outdoor heaters, it was warm enough to eat outside around 1 pm. I put on a mask whenever I went indoors. We had a pre-New Year’s Eve party at our house on Dec. 30, but were careful to invite only those who have been vaccinated and boosted and are fairly careful in where they go and what they do.

I have been keeping up with exercise doing my usual Jessica Smith’s and KCM’s, and binging regularly on short Kassandra yoga videos and sometimes Yoga with Bird. I revisited Kassandra’s recent series (last summer) of Element practices, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water in December and enjoyed it the second time around.

While 2021 was overall a very stressful year for me, the one major joy came on the evening of Friday, December 10th when we brought home two adopted rescue kittens. I fell in love with them almost instantly. I introduced them on FB and Instagram, but for those of you who don’t follow, here is their info: Dasher is a male tabby who loves to dash around the house and play with mouse toys. Sasha is a tuxedo snuggle bug who loves to eat and lets us know when she is hungry. They are from different litters, but became best buds right away. They slept in bed with us from the first night, but sometimes have to run around a bit before they settle down. They came neutered and spayed and also litter box trained. We are enjoying the renewed energy in our home after it feeling so empty since August when Zippy left us. They seem to play a little rough sometimes, but spend a lot of time sleeping cuddled up together. Sasha and Dasher are a great addition to our family!

Hope to be able to get back to being a part of the Mat community in 2022.
Old 01-01-22, 09:02 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: I did most of Jessica Smith's latest YouTube workout titled Total Body Jump Start (or something like that!). Unfortunately I got a phone call I had to take, and then my dinner was ready when I finished talking. This was a 40-minute total body strength routine, and I really enjoyed the portion I did do. Makes me look forward to Jessica's new DVDs!

Yogapam: Thank you for starting us off this year.

Carolyn: Glad you are here! Your new kitties sound like total sweeties, and I'm sure will bring you lots of cheer.

Waving to everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Carolyn, so nice to see you! Your new kitties sound adorable!

Sandra - I’m looking forward to Jessica’s new offerings too! I did her new Low Impact Slide & Glide on YouTube a few weeks ago & enjoyed it.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn