Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch

Old 08-31-21, 08:57 PM  
wendug

Classical Stretch Season 12

Woot! has Classical Stretch Season 12 on sale for $50 with free shipping for Amazon Prime members.
https://sellout.woot.com/offers/clas..._cat_sprt_7_70
Old 09-01-21, 02:32 PM  
DCW

I finally did this season thru my local PBS station. I enjoyed it more than I expected. I bought it when it first came out.

When it's dark at 5 pm in November, I will enjoy the tropical scenery and dream that I am there too.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 03:04 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm weirdly tempted*. I have no CS DVDs, have done a couple (in the course of remailing them to an overseas VFer) and enjoyed them but wasn't tempted to buy. I do a lot of yoga. Do I need these if I'm going to do lots of yoga anyway? Convince me for or against.

*This is not weird. I'm the queen of FOMO.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 09-01-21 at 03:05 PM. Reason: fomo
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 07:16 AM  
DCW

I suggest checking out your local PBS station, YouTube, and/or Essentrics website to see if Essentrics is a good fit for you. You may want to try the free trial the website offers. There are more instructors on their website.

I have enjoyed Essentrics for a few years now. It works out my kinks and complements my other exercises.
Old 09-02-21, 03:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I'm weirdly tempted*. I have no CS DVDs, have done a couple (in the course of remailing them to an overseas VFer) and enjoyed them but wasn't tempted to buy. I do a lot of yoga. Do I need these if I'm going to do lots of yoga anyway? Convince me for or against.

*This is not weird. I'm the queen of FOMO.
i had a revisit experience.

it was not love at first sight the first time i bought Miranda's workouts from her Christmas sale. i believe i also tried one from the public library. i didn't see what everyone else was gushing about. i kept the workouts from Sahra, though - she's more my speed.

fast forward a few years. i listened to the audio versions of her Aging Backwards and Reverse Aging books free from our library's Overdrive app.

the entire mindset made sense to me, so after tons of research on VF threads, chose to buy Season 4. i ended up loving it! meanwhile, i traded for more Sahra and Miranda workouts or found them for good prices online.

i credit Miranda's style with helping me with a shoulder and hip injury. it was like magic. she and Sahra have free workouts on youtube that you can try if her show is not available in your city on PBS.

it's not the same as yoga, although i love and do yoga and have my favorite instructors in that modality.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 10:20 AM  
BunnyHop

Classical Stretch Season 11 is available for free to stream this weekend.

https://www.essentricstv.com/classic...w&utm_term=cta
Old 09-03-21, 02:37 PM  
DCW

Thanks!!!!

Tags
classical stretch, season 12