Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-21, 01:41 PM  
Bebop

Hi,

vintage VFr here. Funny I found this thread. I am 60 and for the first time (menopause) struggling with weight gain - but I am stronger, fitter and able to get through my old advanced workouts now - when I couldn't when I was not "vintage". LOL

I lift heavier now - one day a week at gym with trainer. Trying to just do what I like for fun - but try to do one old, advanced to keep my body guessing.

I do add more rest days. Also realize there are no workout police - you can modify anything (I'm the queen of modification), you don't have to finish the entire workout. My video collection has so many options. I still love Cathe CTX - but I modify the step workouts.

Today I did an oldie but goodie - Cathe terminator - viper - I mixed and matched my own 35 minute workout and I was so surprised that I did the cardo with no problem and just pretty much nailed it. When that series came out - it was such a challenge for me.

But, I am now enjoying band workouts - all of Cathe's - pre-ordered the new ones ofcourse.

I think everyone is different and you got to listen to you body at any age.

I hope I can still crush a Cathe cardio at 70 - even if I don't have to.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:13 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

You guys are so wonderful!!! I have loved reading your posts. I guess I may be blessed with good genetics? I also don't have trouble with recovery time so for me, I guess I'll keep going until I can't.
I must say I do slow down some, depending on the exercise. I work on my best for, not just a million reps.

I know diet talk isn't allowed, but I also fast and have been told that lowers my inflammation so all good I guess.

Thank you for all your wonderful responses. Keep up YOUR great work! The key is just to keep moving, yes?

HUGS!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, intensity, low intensity, tennis elbow