Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-21, 04:58 PM  
warriorprincess

It's the only rotation I've ever done. Multiple times at that. I hope to be able to do it at 75! Wow. Impressive. And I'm talking about the mental motivation as well as the discipline to modify it without getting hurt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:47 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm always vaguely tempted by STS, but I've never bitten. I'm retiring later this year, so maybe after that? ... I just poked around and was surprised to discover that the full set on cathe.com is "only" $160.

How many days do you work out with the STS calendar? There's no cardio, right - does the calendar call for cardio days? Is each workout one hour?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:57 AM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
It's the only rotation I've ever done. Multiple times at that. I hope to be able to do it at 75! Wow. Impressive. And I'm talking about the mental motivation as well as the discipline to modify it without getting hurt.

Very impressive. Whst kind of results did you see? Thanks!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 12:00 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I say go for it even though I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't own the set. Do what you can do, modify what you need to. You can always stop if it becomes too much. Just be careful with those heavy weights.

You'll have to let us know how things go as you proceed with the set.
Old 04-23-21, 01:39 PM  
Messe

Thanks, everyone — so many things to think about!

Love Fan of Lady Vols/Linda’s mention of doing a week of STS followed by a week of something else. This is very appealing, in part because I’d be wedded to Cathe every other week instead of every week.

I actually like to spend an hour or so working out, so the length of the STS workouts wouldn’t be an issue.

Age and experience have taught me to be careful with my weight selections and to improvise as needed. I love to experiment and to find creative ways to make workouts work for me.

I think I’ll play with a few Cathe splits, including some of the STS workouts, and see whether and how I could make STS work for me.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 02:25 PM  
warriorprincess

Very strong, very muscular!

The results are so compelling that the last time I did it, about a year and a half ago, I tweaked my back halfway through Mesocycle 3, and couldn't make myself stop since I had so much time into it building up to the finale. Mesocycle 3 is by far my favorite part. I was in excruciating pain for about 3 weeks, worse than when I broke my heel or femur. My nerves were raw. But it did heal. And I learned the most valuable lesson you can about what can happen when you ignore pain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 02:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Confession: I have the complete STS set, but I’ve never done more than a couple of the workouts at a time.
did you like the ones you did? that's the real question. if you liked them, try doing the other ones in the manner most comfortable to you and see whether you like them enough to keep them.

i usually do individual workouts from a set as they fit into my current rotation rather than trying to do the entire set. therefore if certain ones are useful to you, then i would say keep the set, unless you are OK with trading the ones you dislike.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe sts, sts