Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-26-20, 11:30 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~DECEMBER 2020~ *Everyone Welcome!*

December 2020 Yay, the last month of 2020!!!!

Trying to keep consistent with meditation, use my purchased D/L's, Yvette Fit, Les Mills, IDT subscriptions this month and any DVD's as well. So in other words, WHATEVER WORKS to keep me motivated!

1 - Meditation; YT Bob & Brad Hand & Finger exercises; Cathe Live Fantastic Elastic #322 (46 min.); 5 hours cleaning DS' condo I LOVED this Live!! It uses Cathe's red light tension tubing, a FW band (I used my heavy one), and a mat. Not much of a calorie burner, but holy moly, what a CORE BURNER it is!! Loved all the creative ways Cathe uses the bands - esp. simultaneously with the two bands. Lots of good core work, for sure, as well as inner thigh & total body work and a great alternative for an arthritis flare-up instead of using weights. Great for travel too.//Being over at DS's place last weekend, I noticed some cleaning was needed. It really wasn't all that dirty (esp. for a guy), but it is now deep cleaned!
2 - Meditation; Firm Light Aerobic Mix This was a totally weird day all day today(!) and after Joni O'ing 3 workouts(!), I settled on something quite different (for me)! This was actually fun and I enjoyed it. Something was playing on my mind and I needed a workout to not have to think much or put in a lot of effort, as the first 3 I had to think too much, LOL.
3 - Meditation; Les Mill (LM) HyBrid Workout Glutes #02 (Body Pump (BP) 106/CXWorx 31=31 min.); Body Step (BS) #114=23 min. sans w/u I guess I made this my own hybrid w/o by adding on BS! This was SUPER fun ...I love the CXWorx workouts which work core. Body Step was a blast but I am finding out I really should use my Reebok step since the length is very comparable to the LM step. My longer step makes it a lot harder with all those flying over the step moves!!
4 - Meditation; Cathe Live Metabolic Circuit #321 (47 min.); stretch This was a BLAST!!! Loved this total body circuit type workout doing 2 groupings of exercises each repeated once using 5's-30's. Absolutely no cardio in this but with the fast pace, it's somewhat metabolic and gets BRUTAL by the end but thankfully, she includes drop sets which make it seem a little easier to bust out those last ones!! Even Cathe has to "check on us", LOL, by taking a break!! So glad I purchased this one!!
5 - Meditation; Yoga30For30 Mobility; Yvette Fit #79 35 min. Fun Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing I only have done the Mobility ONE time before and that was in 2017(!), so I didn't remember much about it. Lauren leads and it focuses on wrists and shoulders only and some of the moves really hurt my arthritic hands/fingers and can't put them flat on the floor with fingertips facing my legs in tabletop. Some of the moves for the shoulders really didn't feel so great either but I s'ppose I just need to do this one more often. That said, I was glad I did it before Yvette's class, as weighted gloves were the only equipment needed (besides a mat for core) and this class hit my shoulders good as well as wrists with all the speed bags!! A very FUN sweaty, SHORT workout - sometimes knowing they are shorter, I feel impelled to ramp it up!! Nice kicks throughout too. Love the variety Yvette provides!!
6 - Meditation; Deepen Your Practice (Vytas - Back Bends) I really enjoyed this class...last time I did this was in 2018!! I used Cathe's new red band to do some Dancer Pose stretches shown with a yoga strap - putting my foot in the handle...worked great!! Super back bend class and oh how I love Sugar Cane pose in half moon! I actually could hold the pose on each side for awhile today which is always nice to experience. Vytas is just so calming and informative with his great cueing--missed him! Side note: my booty is still sore from LM Glute workout 3 days ago--yi yi yi!!!!

7 - Meditation; Cathe Live Cardio Boxing Bootcamp #315 (54 min.); Perfect 30 Extended Stretch Another great FUN class - I liked it more than I thought I would being used to Yvette's classes. Format is 4 rounds of cardio boxing/k/b with light to moderate DB's for total body (I used 5's & 10's)...evidently it was a new format for Cathe with the bodyweight exercises mixed in with the cardio and I really liked it. It seemed the exercises she picked must have been fat burning ones, cause I burned more calories than I thought I would with all the break/water times. I used weighted gloves instead of boxing gloves so I think that helped as well. She also uses the medium green band but I used her red one, as my non-Cathe medium tension band won't allow to do overhead triceps/shoulder exercises. I love how often I am using this red band that I bought! <3 At end, Cathe does p/u's and sit ups; I wasn't feeling the p/u's today, so I did 3 sets of flyes with 10's and 3 sets of sit ups. Worked great for the alloted durations! 421 cal burn!
8 - Meditation; LM Body Combat United (55 min.); Yoga30For30 (Mobility) How F-U-N was this LM class?? I think I found my very FAVORITE Combat class EVER!! Showing LM instructors globally from their homes or outdoors with beautiful backgrounds and set up like a Zoom class, this was totally AWESOME!!! There was so much to look at, the class just sailed by like nothing!! The high impact/low impact moves and music make it just SO FUN!! There was quite a lot of high impact in this one and I think that's why I liked it so much, cause it was so easy to put your all into the moves with the great music. Dan & Rach are superb but I thought Rach was going to kick her furniture - there wasn't much room! (That would drive me nuts, btw!!) Usually the Muay Thai track is sort of lame and slow in the Combats--power focused, I guess, but this MT track was super fun with the high impact moves and it rocked!! The last track was all about endurance and I was so ready to keep going with the high impact to the very end (there was only ONE more minute(!), but I guess Dan needed to bring our HR's down before the core work. :/ Next time I'm going to keep going and forget the lame core work, LOL!! This class was worth my subscription alone!! LOVED!!! 426 total cal burn!
9 - Meditation; YT Hand/Finger Exercises; Yvette Fit #77 30 min. Step, Biceps, Shoulders & Tricep Circuits; Yoga 30For30 (Fluidity); 2.85 mile walk (55*!!!) (Love that she numbered the classes - they were all sounding alike!!) This Yvette class was the perfect intensity today! Some basic step moves interspersed with moderate weighted exercises (Yvette uses a 3 riser step; 20# BB; green tubing) and usually does 15 reps. I used a 2 riser step, 10# DB's, red tubing...next time I'll use 12's or 15's, when my hands will allow. My hands were pretty achey today, so this weight was good. Love Fluidity and is one of my favorites from the set due to the continuous flow...love that! Using my BOSU pods made my hands feel better with all the 1/2 moons! (This is when I should be using these during this flare up)!! Shout out to Linda, I believe it was you who enabled me on those pods!! Thanks again!
10- Meditation; Cathe P30 (Low Impact HiiT); Yvette Fit #80 60 min. Hi/Low HiiT Workout; my extra stretch while listening to Christmas music! Not sure how or WHY I had TONS of energy to expel this morning, but I ramped up Cathe's workout with more high impact and sometimes working thru the rest times. Still not much of a calorie burn, and with gas still in the tank, LOL, I decided to try the Yvette that Jane did yesterday. It was very sweaty and it almost could be deemed an endurance workout as well as a HiiT workout! I agree with you Jane, my HR was up for most of this workout and even during the so-called "recovery exercises"!! The first half was typical Yvette hi/low, but the second half was new for Yvette (at least I haven't done anything similar of hers). She uses a yoga mat and does agility-type moves on and around it...which really reminded me A LOT of Cathe's RWH Plyo HiiT 1 workout and that's probably why I liked the first half much better!! But, at least Yvette doesn't run around it in warp speed like Cathe does in PH 1!!! Also the dreaded kneel-to-stand exercises made an appearance which my knees really hate. Then we do random band exercises, leg conditioning and core exercises until the end. This would be very easy to make it a 40 min. Hi/Low HiiT class, and it probably will be how I will use it next time. I think some of her other classes are more fun, but this one was sweaty, for sure! Thanks, Jane, for the motivation today!! 705 cal burn!!!
11- Meditation; LM Body Pump #111 (45 min. sans c/d); LM Body Step Athletic (can't remember the # and did only 10 min.= too basic!); Body Step #118 (30 min. sans w/u); stretch This was a fun BP and I used 8-12# DB's--mostly only the 12#'s for back with all the hundreds of reps! The tricep track was a killer! I wished they kept the original BB and plates (I have the original set)...it's hard to tell what poundages they are using now. The first BS was just too, too basic even for me (shocker!), the #118 was much better! Step is vertical for a track or two, then horizontal for a track or two. I forgot to get out my Reebok step but thankfully, there weren't many over-the-step moves in this one. A good steady state workout today. 384 cal burn Side note: it is really hard to type when a kitty is sitting on your lap with my knees turned out to the side, LOL!! I guess I'm working my obliques, though.
12- Meditation; Yvette Fit #78 70 Min. HiiT/Boxing/Bodyweight Combos; Extra stretch Holy cow! This one was TOUGH with the longer length and tabata segments!! It uses a 2 riser step (I used 1), gliders, & stability ball for core work. Lots of burpees and bodyweight moves as well as k/b moves - lots of variety in this one. It definitely makes a difference how much energy you have for these workouts...VERY, VERY SWEATY WORKOUT!! I was actually looking like a LM instructor when done....like I just took a shower with my clothes on, LOL!!! Why do they always look sooo sweaty??? 485 cal burn (w/ yet another HR malfunction! I'm finding out it's certain bras that mess with the strap)!! Ugh.
13- Meditation. Rest day (this was a tough workout week for me and my body was letting me know!)

14- Meditation; Cathe Perfect Pump Mish Mosh Upper Body/Lower Body Combo = 54 min.; UB Bonus, LB Bonus, Core, Extended Stretch LOL, I just kept adding on everything on this dvd while the baby kept sleeping! I LOVE this premix!! It is similar to her PHA Supersets Live class where she does 2 or 3 upper body exercises to burn out the muscle, then 2 or 3 lower body exercises to burn out the muscle, etc. It really was a goodie. Of course, what an equipment mess when done, but nothing worse than when I do UB or LB only. Great total body workout! I thought this premix would be lame and be all upper body in its' entirety than all lower body in its' entirety. Pleasantly surprised they were intertwined...yay Cathe! Didn't wear my vest today since I didn't want to keep taking it off for upper. Total workout time: 90 min. 440 cal burn. Feeling it already (6 hours later!).
15- Meditation; LM (Hip Mobility - Mark)-21 min.; IDT Flexibility & Beyond (Fountain Of Youth, Travis)-60 min. I was surprised to find this on the LM site...it was new & wasn't finalized yet w/ music. It was nice for the hips and I could do everything with ease. I decided to add on a F&B class since I was doing it later in the day (early hair appt). I could actually stay in the poses longer, so maybe it's the time of day I do these yin classes when I'm a bit warmed up more? But I was still happy to hear Travis mention that we should stay in the pose as long as what feels right and to not force. Also another great admission on his part: he FINALLY makes mention of his dirty feet in this practice!!! Why does he ALWAYS have dirty feet in every single program he does??? (And the floor even looks cleaner in this program)! Anyway, happy he finally mentions that as it was driving me crazy noticing that in soooo many classes, LOL! Also for me, a good realization as to what time of day I should maybe practice yin...but it could have also been my mentality and that knowing I got my errands ran and didn't need to be anywhere, too...
16- Meditation; Yvette Fit #64 60 min. Cardio Mash Up; stretch This one was very fun! It uses (gloves), a 10# KB, Ankle Weights (mine are 2.5# each), Jump Rope, (and Gliders are mentioned but not used). I had a blast with this one, although the music was kind of sucky (esp. in the w/u). I recognized a lot of generic music which is used in other workouts. (I REALLY, REALLY miss Yvette's great music!!!!). The first half is high impact moves with k/b recovery but again, my HR was up during most of the cardio. The 2nd half she does some KB shoulder and core work & jumprope. I used my JNL cordless jumprope thingies which worked great w/ my low ceilings. I will use my heavier ankle weights next time since I didn't jump with them on and she does very little impact - mostly conditioning and low impact (thankfully). She ends on the mat with ankle weight conditioning for the legs which I found pretty easy but would be easy to 'up the ante' with heavier ankle weights. VERY FUN CLASS!! 476 cal burn! Side note: I used my kick-a$$ blower to blow off the dusting of snow on the driveway...worked great! Even took it over to my parents to do their driveway! Yay - Additional ways to use the blower!! I wouldn’t think of using my electric blower for that!!
17- Meditation; Yvette Fit #14 70 Min. Big Step Heavy Weights; stretch Oh my! This one seemed SUPER tough, even with 2 risers instead of 3!! At the 60 min. mark, I was just DONE with the cardio!! Luckily, she was too (at 62 min., LOL), and did a few more tricep & shoulder weighted exercises. I thought the shoulders got worked enough throughout, so I subbed with skull crushers instead. I hit failure on several sets of chest work, using 20's/15's. She does so many sets!!! So happy for the drop sets, though! I used 12's for triceps and 15's for shoulder presses. I had the wrong bra on, haha, so my HRM was wonky and at one point, I ripped it off and threw it across the room!! :/ I'm sure I burned around 500 calories...the bodyweight and step cardio was really a lot put together. I'm glad this one made it to her new site, though. It was a great endurance challenge for me. Note to self, though: may not be such a great idea to do back-to-back Yvette workouts!!!
18- Meditation; LM Body Combat Kick Power #2 (45 min.); LM Stretch #2 Hip Mobility; HiiT Stretch #01; 40 Min. Yard Clean up (stinkin' leaves blowing around in front & back yards-ugh) Kick Power was excerpts taken from other workouts with fun music and lots of kicks! At one point, Rach says her one track has 158 kicks alone...(I bet it was more!). Loved some of the combos - upper body combos with kicks, thrusters, mt. climbers, push-ups (didn't love the push-ups so much but I do the other three). Another fun Muay Thai track with high impact--I don't remember these Muay Thai tracks being so fun in the past. Very fun and sweaty class! This Mobility class nor the instructor thrilled me. The stretches are mostly done on the "steep" (that's 'step' with the LM accent, LOL). It might have made a difference that my "steep" had 2 risers instead of one like hers, but I didn't feel very stretched out. :/ The HiiT stretch was a very short 6 min. psoas/side stretches...which seemed like next to nothing, and again, I didn't feel very stretched out...but thankfully, I didn't join LM for the stretching classes. ;0)
19-Meditation; Yoga30For30 (Even Flow - Travis); 75 min. Yard Work (Guess I should be thrilled this wasn't Shovel Max!!!)
20- Meditation; Michelle's Yin Yoga

21- Meditation; Yvette Fit #67 60 Min. Step Metabolic Workout; Heather Robertson Brutal Booty & Leg Slimming Workout (w/ 2.5# ankle weights each, 32 min., sans w/u); stretch After a couple days of yoga, thought I'd be so ready to kick it up, but this Yvette didn't do much for me. It seemed a bit *boring*, dare I say? Too much basic step moves (& j. jacks throughout!) in the first half with weighted shoulder & leg exercises in a circuit, then more metabolic shoulder and leg exercises with different cardio and core at the end. I think my problem was that my acid reflux was taking away from the fun factor today, cause I loved this format, just not the cardio so much. Wanted a bit more for legs, so I added Heather's class which is one of my favorites of hers! She got it right, sticking the bridge segment right in the middle of the leg work, so you get a nice little break. Sometimes my leg wasn't as high as Heather's, but I sure felt the BURN and with some of the moves with ankle weights made me think for sure I'd have to stop!! That's what I love about her workouts with the count down clock...I always think I can make it just ___more seconds!!
22- Meditation; LM Body Pump United (55 min); My Beast add-on (30 min); stretch Loved this United class as well! Sailed by and a burner for sure with all the reps! I used my BB but also weights. For the lunge track, I thought I'd mix it up a bit and wore my 16# vest (added some extra weights to the vest this time), but held no weights to give my hands a break. My legs were burning soooo bad with all the reps...I'd probably go heavier using the BB or DB's, but it gave me a break from it all (sort of). ;0) I had extra time today and my Beast add-on popped into my mind that I haven't done in awhile, so thought I'd give that a shot for some extra pump. Listening to Christmas music, I followed along on my paper workout: I did 10 reps and 2 sets, sometimes 3 of:
Chest presses/flyes 10's/12's/15's# (but 15/12/8 rep count)
D/L's 20's/20's
Pull Downs 45# (3 sets of under/overhand grips)
1 Arm Rows 30/32.5
Reverse Flyes 12's/15's
Bicep Curls 15's/20's (eeked out 5 reps w/ the 20's before it got ugly)
Clutch Press 20's/22.5's (8 reps w/ the 22.5's)
Sweeper Curls 15's/15's
Kickback's 12's/15's
HRM showed I was in the FB zone for 1:14:00 today! Had a great Total Body workout, going at my own pace, listening to great music. It seemed my hands/fingers hurt worse at the beginning than at the end of my workout....maybe they just need to be warmed up really well?? No complaints! AND...since my hands were feeling so good.. ETA: 75 min. of yard work - picking up hundreds of pokey balls the awful wind blew down yesterday...picked up the ones blown down the street too (including the ones smashed from cars!) and in front of 5 neighbor's houses. Tis the season to be jolly! :0) Got an overflowing tall lawn bag full. I really didn't mind being out there - it was sunny, close to 50* and even had to take off my coat and put on a vest instead. Can't believe Christmas is in 3 days!
23- Meditation; IDT Flying Pigeon Flow (Jenny 29 min. of the 56 min.); IDT Power Yoga Blaze #3 (Travis 34 min.) Jenny, a new instructor to me, was just too chatty with the instructions...the title sounded great but she never mentioned pose titles, just where your leg should go, etc. Hate that! Surprised I made it half way! Then thought I'd select a tried-and-true class that I know I like....Love how Travis really challenges me in this one. Side note: 59* here today(!) but the winds are awful...so much for having a cleaned up yard. UGH! After grocery shopping, I worked on my baking instead of yard work!
24- Meditation; Cathe Live #316 Metabolic Upper Body (48 min); Heather Robertson Cardio Kickboxing Workout (29 min); stretch Cathe's was sweaty and had a nice, quick pace using 5's - 30#, but I would label a lot of her other classes more metabolic, IMO. There were compound moves as well as isolation moves with 3 exercises done 2x to really burn out each muscle group. The core gets worked throughout too and there's an additional core segment at the end. I liked the core segment a lot, as these were pretty different than what Cathe usually does and it seemed easy at first but it added up to a nice burn during the last round! For Heather's, I used weighted gloves and was a great finisher with more UB and Core work! It has the format of :30/:10 and the music was good as usual. Her form wasn't too great, but she mentions she is "out of her comfort zone doing this kind of workout", so I think it may have been her first k/b class. Also, I am used to LM Body Combat and their impeccable form, so I notice other's form more. There wasn't too many combos where one would need to verbally cue, I think, so it was easy to follow with no talking. I set it to play half of the workout again while stretching to her great music! UB/CORE FRYER TODAY!!! 484 cal burn
25- MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVtIE0MDH7Y Meditation; Yvette's YT 60 Min High/Low Holiday HiiT Workout; Yvette's YT BOSU Cardio W/ Legs & Back Circuits (sans w/u=50 min.); stretch I wanted a BIG calorie burn today, so I did Yvette's YOUTUBE 60 Min. High/Low Holiday HiiT Workout which is done to Christmas music and was a blast!! So fun! I looked at my HRM every so often and it showed 000 (!) ugh, so I wanted to actually "see" a DECENT calorie burn, (from this workout I think it was 332), so I added on her BOSU workout as well since it was Legs day. I just did weighted leg exercises in place of the back exercises since I worked that yesterday. Some of the exercises I made up using the BOSU and some I repeated of Yvette's curtsy lunges using the BOSU (love those!). I remembered this one was tough even when fresh(!), so for some of the moves, I was losing my "oomph!" and with the BOSU, I go at my own pace jumping on/off. This one is such a LEG FRYER with all the balance work!! I wish it was on her new site, as it is SUCH a GOODIE!!! My Stupid HRM said I burned 680 cal (for both w/o's), but I think it should have been at least around 800! However, now I can eat that Chocolate Eclair Dessert!!! Maybe even two pieces, LOL! Have a good day, all!
26- Meditation; LM Sampler #02 (56 min.); Heather Robertson Pilates Fusion Full Body HiiT (30 min sans w/u); stretch; 1.25 Yard Clean Up The LM class was very cool - 2 tracks each of Body Attack, Sh'Bam, Body Step, Body Pump, Barre & CX Worx. This is probably the only way they can get me to try a Barre class...A ballerina I am NOT!! It was fun to see what each class genre consists of although the only one I hadn't tried was the barre. I'll have to do another Body Attack class....at least there wasn't any running back and forth in this sampler - ugh, hate that! I added on Heather's class---it is a great way for me to include pilates in my life!! It has the :40/:10 format although I wouldn't exactly call it "HiiT". Great cross training session today--complete with practically every genre (except yoga which I plan to do tomorrow). 446 cal burn. DH was off today so he was available to help with the yard work....it goes so quick when there's two doing it! Very nice & sunny here...no wind which makes all the difference. Once snow starts falling, all these pokey balls will be "out of sight, out of mind!" ;0)
27- Meditation; YT Full Body/Mobility Routine for Flexibility & Relaxation ( 15 min. - growingannanas); Yoga30For30 Mobility (30 min. - Lauren); Yin Yoga (25 min. - Michelle Goldstein) Mobility felt so good for my hands today - even the wonky ways she works them...progress?!

28- Meditation; Cathe's Perfect 30 Perfect Pump (Mish Mosh #1 - UB & LB Combo Premix = took me 59 min. pausing to put on/take off 16# wtd. vest); P30 Pyramid Cardio HiiT Bonus; KCM Strength & Stamina (Bonus Step - 24 min.); P30 Extended Stretch Just LOVE this Pump total body premix and using the vest is just icing! I DO NOT love her Pyramid HiiT, though, as the first half are just moves that I don't enjoy or want to do for my knees! The second half is not bad, but during all the jumping on/off step in the first half, I subbed with Yvette BOSU squat thrust moves which I find more fun. Which led me to finding a FUN cardio workout and did KCM's step bonus...always a fun one no matter if the cueing isn't great. Doing this workout made me think of Dorothy and hope she's doing ok and will see her back again with us soon! :0) 592 cal burn today!
29- Meditation; Yvette Fit #2 30 Min. Equipment Free Cardio Kickboxing (w/ gloves only); YT Heart Alchemy Yoga 15 min. Yoga Quickie (Michelle Goldstein); 2 mile walk Yvette's class is really a fun, short k/b class with emphasis on upper body (esp. w/ gloves); lots of arm movements and not a whole lot of kicks. Perfect for getting in a little cardio before yoga. Later after errands, thought I'd go for a quick walk...just got back not more than 10 min. and the snow started falling!! At only 1:15 pm, I'm at 10,500+ steps..The first snowfall of the season....surely can't complain about that at the end of December!!!! Yesterday I took down the outside lights since I didn't want them to get wet; now to start on decorations inside while watching the snow. <3
30- Meditation Rest day
31- Meditation; Five Parks Yoga: Breath & Body Reconnect Yoga Class I'm still so sore...not sure what from? My walk maybe? My shins especially are sore.

I didn't really have a certain # of workout minutes in mind this year, but thought I'd add them up for the heck of it. Yard work and meditation are also included in this total #: 29,454 workout minutes for 2020 and only 20 rest days -- I looked it up and that is almost 6,000 more minutes than 2019!!!! One goal for 2021 is going to be to take AT LEAST 1 complete rest day a week...I think with all the extra time during COVID, I worked out more. I really have a bad habit not to take them and I know it's beneficial for my body to rest--esp. with the intensity of some of my workouts!!! I'm very happy with my consistency with Meditation this year: 107 days so far...hope to keep going well into 2021 as I'm seeing lots of positives from this practice!!

HAPPY NEW AND IMPROVED 2021 TO ALL!!! (fingers crossed)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 11:39 AM  
Luv2WO

HERE - Last month of this crazy year!

1. Lazy Dancer Ballet Burn 1 - Breathe, TBL 5 Day Jumpstart Full Body
2. Barre3 30 min Cardio with Christa Joy
3. Lacy Dancer Ballet Burn 1 - Breather, Beach Abs #1, TBL Breathe, Flow and Stretch
4. Ballet Beautiful Total Body Workout
5. Rest day
6. Rest day
7. PBL Lake Como Upper Body, Everyday Essentials: The Clam, Core Stability Ball Workout
8. PBL Internal Resistance Workout, Back Strength Ball Workout, Brooklyn Burn
9. Essentrics Live workout with Amanda, PBL Strong and Defined Core, Strong and Defined Leg workout
10. Essentrics Live workout with Meg, PBL Classic Series Upper Body, Butt and Thigh Firming workout with Weights
11. PBL Classic Series Lower Body, New You Stretch Routine, Melissa Wood Health 15 min workout
12. TBL Breathe, Flow and Stretch. PBL Winter Challenge Upper Body, TBL Stretch and Relax
13. PBL Core Power Workout, Teaser Tutorial, TBL Lower Body Tone
14. PBL Strong and Slender Leg workout, Everyday Essentials Arms with Weights, Essentrics Live Barre Workout with Gail.
15. PBL Ultimate Thigh Toner, Spring Into Summer Back and Arms, Essentrics Body Reshaping and Posture with Amanda
16. TBL Pilates Sculpt with Weights, MBP Waist Slimming workout, BB Mat Stretch
17. TBL Feel Good Flow, Pilates for Posture, PBL Total Trim Down Leg workout
18. TBL Breathe, Flow and Stretch and Abs and Arms workouts, Essentrics Live Barre Workout with Gail.
19. TBL Less is More Workout, Pilates Foundations, BB 5-Min Abs, Essentrics PM Routine
20. Essentrics Full Body Toning and Energizing Workout with Sasha, TBL Moving Meditation
21. TBL Beach Barre Cardio, PBL Butt Lifting Ball workout, May Makeover Hand-weight Workout, 20 min walk
22. PBL Spring Into Summer Core with More, TBL Stretching and Tension Release, PBL Spring Into Summer Stretch and Flow
23. PBL Alaskan Triple A workout, Ultimate Flexibility Hip Stretch, TBL Full Body Fusion
24. PBL Trim It Down Leg Workout, Everyday Essentials Classic Abs, Bridal Arms workout
25. TBL Breathe, Flow and Stretch and PBL Badlands Butt
26. PBL Side Slimmer Workout, Lake Como Upper Body
27. PBL Central Park Stretch
28. Barre3 Balance, Ballet Beautiful Attitude Blast on Mat
29. Ballet Beautiful Total Body workout, Hip Stretch
30. Essentrics AM Workout, Barre3 Posture
31. Ballet Beautiful Total Body Workout, PBL Adore Your Core - Lower Abs, Toned in 10 Flexibility

See Ya 2020!!!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 11:59 AM  
T2B

All about that CORE, Part 2

december 2020...

...aiming for 4 days/week of core work.
30. P.M. Yv2: MYB

1. Recovery day... QI GONG: Day 25
2. Recovery day... KPC Stability Ball Abs + QI GONG: Day 26... It’s time to renew my VF membership.
3. PERFECT 30: Pump Upper Body (Back, Shouders & Chest, 23mins) + BBL: Bum Bum Rapido (10 mins) + ZUMBA: Beto’s Ab-stravaganza (Standing, 6:14 mins) + QI GONG: Day 27. Even a shortened Pump UB had me sweating.
4. RWH: LIHI Biceps & Triceps (2 sets) + Yv2: RIO + QI GONG: Day 28
5. KEONI: 10,000 Reps Challenge + XTRAIN: Cardio Leg Blast (w/u, strength Only 1-6, stretch) + IS Pyramid Upper Body Stability Ball Abs, (7:49 mins) + QI GONG: Day 29. I enjoyed Keoni but next time I think I would string a few of his workouts together to get 10,000 steps (if I were to that again). I love the music more on some of his other workouts. I only had 9812 steps when done, and I burned a lot of calories. I also prefer to do mini walking workouts through out the day to keep me moving. Right now I already have 12,000 + steps so not sure how active I will be the rest of the day. . Cardio Leg Blast was on the schedule but I did not feel like jumping today although Cathe got me a little in the warm-up. What I loved about the Stability Ball Abs is that Cathe went at a slower pace than she does in her more recent workouts. I was groaning and talking smack and looked at my time and it was only 2:49 minutes into the ab routine. It’s actually really good.
6. CATHE LIVE: Love Me Some Kickboxing + IS: C&W Abs (6 mins, too sore to continue) + QI GONG: Day 30. Definitely doing another round of the 30 Day Challenge, maybe before bed next time. Finally put my Christmas tree up yesterday. Very subdued decorations this year. P.M. Yv2: SS + Yv2: MYB

7. LITE: PHA2 + Bonus Abs#1. I haven’t been doing Cathe’s abs since before the LIS series. It’s going to interesting working my way through all the wonderful ab routines that I’ve missed. Cathe started with sit outs. Why, why, why? Sit outs are so hard for me. Cathe never gives good form pointers on how to do them either. Plus I’m on a rug so it’s not easy pivoting from side to side with shoes on. Who am I kidding? Even if I had the perfect conditions I would still suck at doing sit outs.
8. KEONI: Christmas Reps to Rhythm + CATHE LIVE: Warrior Kickboxing. Smiled the whole time doing Xmas Reps... Warrior Kickboxing is a new purchase. I enjoyed it a lot. I laughed when Cathe did sit outs & sit out leg shoots during the core segment. Did a little better today but they are never easy. Afternoon: KEONI: Christmas Rep to the Rhythm
9. PERFECT 30: High Impact Hiit + XTRAIN: Chest, Back & Shoulders (Rounds 1 - 4) + Yv2: RIO. 2.5 hour video conference call. Joy
10. TAE BO: This is Tae Bo + Yv2: SS + Total Body Sculpting 3 mins Stability Ball Core. As I was doing Yv2 I remembered that Cathe had a 3 minute ab routine. Ha. Got plenty of ab work with Tae Bo though. Those 3 minutes just reinforced Tae Bo because my core was on fire right away.
11. P30: Pump Upper Body Biceps & Triceps, 14mins + TAE BO: 30 Rounds. P.M.Yv2: MYB
12. PERFECT 30: Low Impact Hiit + XTRAIN: Bonus Barre + LITE: Bonus Abs 2 + Yv2: WISI. Bonus Abs 2 was good, hard, but good. Lots of room for improvement. P.M. KEONI: #8 Reps to the Rhythm. Attempted to go to Michaels. The store is in a shopping center with Kohl’s, Target, Famous Footwear, PetSmart and a few other stores. It’s a huge area. The parking lot was packed which was concerning to me so DD & I decided to go home.
13. CATHE LIVE: Metabolic Bootcamp + Yv2: RIO. Metabolic Bootcamp is such a sweatfest for an intermediate workout. Love. Started watching a couple of classic movies that I had never seen before - Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Great movies but Mikey Rooney’s role... Yikes. There was a segment afterwards called Can We Talk? ... or something like that. Anyway they addressed the racist stereotypes of Rooney’s character which I thought was really good.

14. CATHE LIVE: Cardio Boxing & Metabolic Conditioning P.M. Yv2: SS
15. rest day..... Complete zero day! Did nothing but WFH and look cute in my new sweater hat during our team video webex Still managed to get 6291 steps.
16. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders (2 sets, 30 mins) + LITE: 6 Pack Abs #1 + Yv2: RIO. Was able to do 6 sit outs before it got ugly. I really like every exercise in this routine except the sit outs (my current nemesis). Ha!
17. RWH: Upper Body Circuit + Kick, Punch & Crunch: Stability Ball Abs + ZUMBA: Let’s Dance. KPC abs felt easier today. I was able to do all the reps but still burned like crazy. P.M. Yv2: MYB
18. XTRAIN: Biceps & Triceps (Rounds 1 - 5) + TAE BO: Sweat Off Sizes. Wore my Beats, listening to my music with SOS. Excellent. I really like this workout. It’s intermediate and easy to do without hearing what Billy is saying and Shelly’s counting. Don’t get me wrong I love Billy and the counting doesn’t bother me but it was even more awesome with my own music. ) Putting it in the pile to do with BEAST. P.M. Yv2: WISI
19. KEONI: Christmas Walk + CATHE LIVE: Warrior Kickboxing + Yv2: RIO + JESSICA SMITH: Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates Floor Flow, 19 mins. My wicked nemeses, Sit-outs & Kick-outs, made an appearance. Warrior Kickboxing is becoming a favorite. Cathe is on fire in this one. Jessica gets a thumbs up too! Reading and watching tv is on the schedule for today. I’ve met my workout limit for today. Ha
20. Yv2: Sweat Sensation & Move Your Body + 10MS: Pilates on the Ball - Abs + JS: Simple Stretch: Chair Stretch. The chair stretch is ok, just one of many, for me...except this one is framed by the beautiful ocean. . Pilates on the Ball abs has a lot of the exercises that are in KPC abs, except she goes slower. I could hang except for 1 move where she has her legs outstretched, the ball between her feet, and then she lifts her legs over her head almost touching the floor with the ball. Not happening here, I did a hip lift instead.

Time to Unleash The Beast. Getting my BODY BEAST on with Sagi & crew!!! I’ve mapped out the first week. The plan is to do at least 3 days of cardio + 1 metabolic workout. Not sure if I will do all the reps either, we shall see. On Sagi’s planned cardio day I may do a Cathe Hiit or Breathless Body instead.

BODY BEAST LEAN BEAST - Block 1 BUILD: Week 1

21. BUILD: Chest/Tris + TAE BO: Cardio. Laughing at the bro humor already. “The Beast is talking”. I laugh at that every time I hear it. Tae Bo Cardio was a good pick because it starts with a stretch that extends Beast’s little measly stretch. And Cardio is only about 35 minutes from beginning to the stretch, Billy spends the most time ever doing a cool down stretch. This workout is great for someone new to Billy because of the pace. I burned out quickly with the weights. Chest & Tris were on fire. I definitely need some heavier weights and some of the snap on weights. Weighted gloves are not going to work too well. I’ve seen 5 to 10 # weights in stores but still nothing higher than that. Boo...
22. BUILD: Legs + LITE: 6 Pack Abs 2 + Yv2: WISI. Challenging and sweating like crazy. Next time I will go a little lighter to perfect the form and go lower. I was sacrificing form a little to keep up.
23. BUILD: Back/Bi’s (50 mins) + TAE BO: Bonus Turbo Charged Cardio. (30mins) + ZUMBA: 20 Minute Express. Very sore today. Already feeling it in my biceps.
24. Christmas Eve!!! BEAST: Cardio + ZUMBA: Rush + KPC Stability Ball Abs & Stretch. Enjoyed Beast Cardio too. Got off work at noon today and won’t go back until January 4th. More vacation hours to burn through and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.
25. Merry Christmas!!! BUILD: Shoulders + ZUMBA: Activate
Noon - Yv2: RIO. Watched the new Wonder Woman movie - WW84.
26. CATHE LIVE: Love Me Some Kickboxing + ZUMBA EXHILARATE: Mix + Total Body Sculpting Abs. Mix was really good. I chose the music only version in error but I really enjoyed it and will go with that option more often. Great music and energy.
27. ...recovery day + ZUMBA: Beto Ab-Stravaganza.

BODY BEAST LEAN BEAST: Block 1 BUILD - Week 2

28. PERFECT 30: High Impact Hiit + BUILD: Chest/Tris. Went lighter this week to give my ligaments/joints time to adjust to the increased sets/reps (used to 1 or 2 sets and not a lot of reps either). Elbows, forearms and hands are feeling twingey. P.M. Yv2: RIO
29. BUILD: Legs + CORE DE FORCE: 5 Minute Core on the Floor. Slept in a little this morning. A sweaty mess after Legs. Afternoon: Yv2: SS + RIO
30. PERFECT 30: Low Impact Hiit + BUILD: Back & Biceps. I did LIH w/u twice. I definitely need either longer warm-ups or longer stretches with Beast. Also did Jessica’s 5 minute stretch from her new workout.
P.M. Yv2: MYB & WISI
31. New Years Eve! KEONI: 12 Minute Dance Mix + BEAST: Cardio + RUTHLESS Ringside + LITE Abs 1. Keoni was the fun warm-up. Forgotten how cute the Ruthless guy is. The lady co-leading is the star of this workout. Her form is awesome. Ruthless burned out my arms/shoulders. And Lite Abs and those sit outs, did the version that fanofladyvols linked. Next up was a jujitsu clip providing a slow breakdown of the move. I can do sit outs slower but not at Cathe’s speed. Ruthless is going to be a perfect add on to Beast. Also, down 22 pounds as of today. Lost my COVID 15 + 7

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 12:02 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 01:26 PM  
Dontmindthemess

December 2020

1. Yvette Step Burn The first half was bodyweight (thrusters, plank cardio), step HiiT and step recovery. After the break @ 34 min Yvette does some metabolic back work and step. The first half was pretty intense, not that the second half was easy but it was easier than the first half. Great workout and it was fun even if it didn’t sound it. 474 calories
2. Penny Barnshaw Kettlebell Full Body Burn (no c/d) and Upper Body Strength and HiiT We did two 30 min Penny’s for a workout that was a little over an hour. The Kettlebell one was short and sharp as those Aussies say. It was done in 30/10 intervals so not much rest. She said it was low impact in the intro but it wasn’t, there were even burpees. The UB workout was separated into two different circuits. The first half was more pure strength and the second half was metabolic upper body. This one was thankfully 40/20. I really needed the rest during the strength circuit. I’m still not 100% on my push-ups but I’m getting there.
3. Yvette #26 Kickboxing/Heavy Legs Workout Kickboxing circuits with weighted and unweighted leg work. I’m feeling my hamstrings a bit from the kettlebell work so I’m not sure why I picked this one! No burpees in this either but there’s a few plank exercises. 419 calories.
4. Rest There was no way I was working out today, I was just so tired. I had a hard time sleeping because I had anxiety about the alarm not going off.
5. Rest I got home and took a two hour nap. It was a dreary day so it was good for sleeping.
6. Yvette Cardio Kettlebell Workout #25 I’m happy Yvette numbered these, makes it a lot easier to keep track. I came home, got changed, had a cup of coffee and an apple and got myself down to the basement. It felt tough warming up, but I got there. I actually feel a lot better today and I want to try a day without a nap. 474 calories. I’ve also gotten 10,000+ steps every day just from work, and that’s with a bit of office time too.
7. Strong and Sweaty PHA main + bonus Abs and stretch I’m trying to get into a routine with these crazy hours. I just don’t want to come home and sleep and eat. Today I wanted to do something sweaty but I wasn’t feeling any jumping. This PHA was good but it felt a bit repetitive. I like the live ones better for sure.
8. Rest
9. Yvette #80 60 min Hi Low HiiT workout + 10 min Sydney Cummings Stretch This might have been the hardest Yvette I’ve done from her new website. I wasn’t expecting it to be so hard, I thought the low impact intervals would provide me with a bit of rest but my heart rate never came down! I even wore weighted gloves. I didn’t work this morning and I slept really good so I don’t think it was me, Yvette even said the teacher was getting tired toward the end too!! She finishes up with some band shoulders and biceps alternating with unweighted leg conditioning. 523 calories for Yvette. Treated myself to a little extra stretch.
10. 60 min Yoga Sculpt with Kaylie Daniels YouTube 55 min yoga fusion with weights. I enjoyed it!
11-15. Absolutely Nothing These new hours are really killing me! I feel like all I do is sleep and I’m still tired. Of course I feel stiff and worse than not working out so I’ve come up with yet another plan. I’m just going to take it down a notch and do workouts that won’t further exhaust me. I’m just going to have to make myself get down to the basement after work. The good thing is I get about 11,000 steps at work but that just doesn’t seem to count. So I went through my overflow dvd boxes and took out a different assortment of workouts. I’m planning on some slim series, Dove Rose, barre, Pilates, yoga, maybe some TA. I’ll add in some cardio and try to really watch what I’m eating. If this doesn’t work I’ll have to just try something else
16. Barre3 Studio class Allison 3/27/20 I enjoyed this one and surprisingly felt it in my legs.
17. Slim Series Tone it Up This went by much quicker than I expected! Of course I played my own music. It felt familiar but it’s been so long since I’ve done these regularly that I don’t remember them in detail. There’s nothing complicated going on here and it’s kind of a quiet workout. I got a bit sweaty but it was like a steady state kind of vibe for me. Oh yeah, Kevin you’re the worst.
18. Slim Series Mix it Up MIU uses mostly 5lb weights and the band with handles, but not too much band. Still a little surprised that these aren’t annoying me. No Kevin in this one either.
19. 80 day Obsession Day1:Total Body Core I can only explain this by saying that I was looking around eBay for 21 day fix, it seemed like a good fit for my current situation. So I saw a package with 21DF and 21DF extreme for $60-$70 dollars and I started thinking why not just sign up for BBOD for a bit more and just think about all the options that you’ll have. Then I started looking at the options and tried this out. There was a lot of downtime while Autumn instructed but I didn’t mind because I was tired, but some of the exercises were pretty tough, it’s just that there’s a lot of rest between exercises. I think there’s 15 exercises, each with 15-16 reps and then the circuit repeats. The second half moves quicker and I’m sure that the program gets harder as it goes on. I liked the moves, great use of the fire walker loop. I’m not even thinking about doing a rotation of this, but I did enjoy this workout and I’m interested in day 2. Autumn’s voice reminds me of Miley Cyrus.
20. 80DO day 2 Booty I really was intrigued by this band workout. I used the fabric band around my thighs and a heavy latex one around my ankles. It was mostly a floor workout with only a few standing exercises. Autumn wastes time between exercises so I either fast forwarded or I just did more reps. This workout just felt long and boring to me, and not even that hard. Maybe I’ll feel it tomorrow but I doubt it.
21. Dream Body Shauna Barrebell 10/27 I’m still somehow irritated by that Booty workout yesterday. It was just a total waste of time and now I don’t even want to try any of the other 80DO workouts. I’m sure they get harder as they go along, but there’s just too much time wasted. While I was doing it I was thinking that I could probably manage a Tonique mat workout or something a bit harder. I’m feeling a lot better this week, of course I’m still tired but I feel more into a groove. I remembered previewing this workout and it looked good for my energy level. It’s a barre workout that uses 10lb weights. Barre lower body and biceps and triceps, a little cardio but not too much. What I like about these live classes is that you see everyone going at their own pace. The instructor keeps it pretty steady but Darby is actually in the class and she moves at double speed!! I really felt this one the next day, especially in by biceps!
22. Rest
23. Yvette #46 Kickboxing Kettlebell Mashup It’s like I didn’t even see this one until today. Yvette alternates cardio, Bodyweight, boxing, and a kettlebell or dumbbell move. Lots of variety in this, but not that many kicks. After the break there’s no thrusters but she keeps that cardio up. Yvette has a mat out but you don’t need one until toward the end for one set of sit ups. I really liked this one and it felt tough, especially since I’ve been scaling back on the intensity lately. 488 calories.
31. Barlates Feel Good Fusion Flow I really fell off after not getting good sleep on Christmas and Christmas Eve. I felt like I was playing catch-up all week. I’m just going to do whatever I can manage energy wise for each day and try not to fall into all or nothing mentality. This was a nice easy stretchy 45 min workout. I’m also going to focus on my nutrition since I should be able to control that. See you all next year! Goodbye 2020, no one is going to miss you!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 02:00 PM  
allgirlsinaz

Attempting Caroline Girvan's EPIC program.

1. Body weight and DB's LB
2. Body weight and DB's UB
3. Body weight Core
4. Let's Move Fitness #4 60 min ride
5. Total Body with DB's
6. Full Body Hiit
7. nothing
8. Arms and Abs
9. Legs
10. UB with DB's
11. Kaleigh Cohen Fitness #54 30 min ride
12. Full Body Strength
13. nothing
14. Total Body Hiit-Burpees
15. Abs and Quads
16. nothing
17. Shoulders
18. SSoD When Sweat Cries 30 min ride
19. walk (not sure of distance)
20. Hamstrings and Glutes
21. Hiit
22. nothing
23. Total Body DB Strength
24. SSoD Quick and Classic Rock 20 min ride
25. Back and Bi's
26. Legs
27. Chest and Tri's
28. nothing
29. SSoD Power Walk 5k
30. Total Body Strength
31. DB Hiit

C25K graduate 10/10

CLX grad 12/09
allgirlsinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 07:37 PM  
bex

✨✨ December 2020 ✨✨

Focus: Caroline Girvan/Yoga/KBs

1 - Bike ride (1 hour total). Caroline Girvan's Beginner EPIC Series Day 4 Dumbbell Full Body, Yoga 30for30 Flow & Stretch. This time Caroline's workout felt short - definitely time to move on to EPIC. And I'm loving how the weights and yoga practices complement each other - my vinyasa's are getting stronger and I'm finding new ease in the poses because I'm stronger.
2 - Bike ride (1 hour total).
3 - Bike ride (1 hour 15 mins total). Caroline Girvan's Beginner EPIC Series Day 5 HIIT Full Body, Yoga 30for30 Even Flow. I was super motivated to finish my 3 set of the Beginner EPIC, so even though it was after dinner I powered through. Even all the burpees didn't feel that hard. For a second I contemplated doing her new 30 min LIS but sanity prevailed and I reached for yoga instead. And hey, I almost managed half moon pose (on one side). Progress!
4 - Rest.
5 - Bike ride (1 hour total). Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 1 Bodyweight & Dumbbells Lower Body, Caroline Girvan's 10 Min Ab Complex, Five Parks Yoga Athlete's Cool Down Yoga Class. I swear, Caroline must be putting subliminal messages in the music, because I'm just so excited to start the challenge. I was grunting it out during the final 'burnout' circuit but so excited to make it through that I took on the ab complex workout as an add-on. The yoga cooldown/stretch was ok, but I'm still looking for new stretch options after my heavy workouts.
6 - Movewith Yoga for Breakfast (audio practice). Feeling very tired from yesterday. Should have motivated myself to do a longer practice later in the day, but I just didn't.
7 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 2 Bodyweight & Dumbbells Upper Body, Caroline Girvan's 30 Min Cardio LISS, Mady Morrison's 15 Min Full Body Stretch. I always struggle with bodyweight UB workouts. Because the dumbbell moves you can just go lighter but bodyweight - yeah, I have what I have. Tried to do 'big girl pushups' on my step but by midway through I was back on my knees. Then I wanted more cardio because I didn't get my bike ride in today, but oh my those plank moves were tough. Have to say, I didn't love the music-only, no voice format for stretches. Turns out I really like the opposite when I'm stretching - a steady stream of narration so I know what to do and don't have to look at the screen. Well, now I know that.
8 - Bike ride (1 hour total), AOS The Kettlebell Way, Five Parks Yoga 20 Mins Deep Stretch Yoga Class. I don’t think I can do Caroline Girvan every day, so I reached for an old friendly KB workout. Then the 1 minute breaks between circuits seemed waaay too long, so I added KB swings while I was waiting. So much for taking an easier day.
9 - Bike ride (1 & 1/2 hours total), Movewith Wind Down for Sleep (audio practice). Tired and feeling my back muscles. Doing another tough workout so I could “notch one up” is just ego, and rest is the wiser choice.
10 - Bike ride (2 hours total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 3 Bodyweight Core & Abs, Five Parks Yoga Grounded Deep Stretch 10 Mins Yoga Class. Today was the perfect occasion for bike rides - crisp and sunny, with several well-spaced out meetings so I could combine exercise and transportation. When I got home I still had energy so I took on the next EPIC. When I hit play I thought, "Wow, 50:10 is not much rest between intervals", and I was right! This was the first time I had to take a break in the middle of some sets and didn't quite make it all the way through others. But Caroline has sequenced them so well that I was always up for jumping back into the next one. Will definitely repeat this one to gain core strength.
11 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Travis Eliot’s Power Yoga Gentle Day 4 Digital Yoga Retreat (YT). This Travis practice was absolutely the most gentle restorative practice - just range of movement and stretching, no heat at all. Great for the end of the week and I’ll definitely bookmark this one for when that’s what I’m looking for.
12 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Travis Eliot’s Flow & Go Vitality. This practice wasn't my favorite. It felt rushed, like Travis was trying to squeeze in 15-minute practice but make it fit into the 10-minute format. Felt knocked out by the poor air quality today, so didn't do any more.
13 - Rest. Bad air quality again today, and a Christmas party in the afternoon.
14 - Bike ride (1 hour 15 mins total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 4 Dumbbell Full Body, Cathe LITE Extended Stretch. The wind changed and now the air quality is much better, but it's *cold*. Just need to bike faster to stay warm. I was so happy to get another EPIC workout in, and can't believe that I actually did (some) full Makers! There were a lot, so by the end I was dropping to my knees for the pushup. But I love feeling how I'm getting stronger.
15 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 5 Bodyweight HIIT, Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch. Caroline's workout involved a lot of push-ups and I followed her suggestion, starting from my toes but limiting the range of movement. Amazingly I made it all the way through!! Only the final set of diamond pushups dropped me to my knees. This might be the year of my fitness breakthrough to push-up mastery.
16 - Bike ride (1 & 1/2 hours total). Now it's the crazy period of end-of-year and Christmas parties here in Shanghai and I'm out every night. I needed to get to bed before midnight, so figured the bike rides would have to count.
17 - 17 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 6 Dumbbells Arms & Abs, Movewith Bedtime Yoga: The Deepest Sigh (audio practice). There I was, working my way through the bicep and tricep circuits, with their 40:20 format, and then suddenly the ab section was 1 minute, no rests! You know it’s challenging when you’re relieved to get back to the 23rd set of bicep curls! Afterwards I really needed a thorough UB stretch but I couldn’t remember which one would be best, so I just tried a random audio yoga that was around the right length. I’ll have to do more in planning my stretch.
18 - Bike ride (45 mins total), Travis Eliot’s Yoga Evolution. It’s odd, I’d say this is one of my favourite yoga practices and yet I kept being surprised by parts I didn’t remember. But I guess I’m different so it makes sense my practice would be different too.
19 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 7 Dumbbells Lower Body, Caroline Girvan's 10 Minute Ab Complex, Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - All Sports, Running. I'd read on Caroline's FB page that this was one of the toughest days. I made sure I was mentally ready, tightened my laces, and went for it. Sure enough, I was continually checking the progress meter from 41%. But the 20:20:20 format means that each section is really short so I could grit my teeth and gut it through until the next one. Only had to 'reset' for form a handful of times and by the final burnout finisher, I really went for it. I was sucking wind when I finished but felt like I deserved applause. After that, I let myself 'just do my best' and insert a few pauses during the ab workout. Rodney's stretches are awesome, I think this goes back into the regular rotation.
20 - Cathe's ICE Metabolic Total Body, Icy Core 1. Yesterday's EPIC really knocked me out, and one shoulder was feeling a bit wonky so I went for a low impact sweat-fest. It's was a bit tricky to adjust to Cathe's compound moves after Caroline's simple nonverbal queueing, but the workout gave me what I was looking for. Then it was coming up to bedtime so I just half-*ssed it through the core workout and called it a night.
21 - Bike ride (30 mins total). Otherwise, took it as a rest day. Was tired and starving all day. I'm not great at listening to my body but in this case, it was shouting at me.
22 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 8 Dumbbell Upper Body, Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - Swimming, Tennis. No bike rides today - the air quality is in the 'dangerous' zone. Caroline's workout wasn't a killer, just heavy dumbbell supersets. Nice to have a 'reasonable' workout in the mix.
23 - Bike ride (1 hour total), FIF Kettlebell Workout 5, FIF Kettlebell Workout 6, Slim & Limber. Absolutely amazing how 'easy' the bodyweight moves in FIF felt after Caroline's workouts. Even stacking 2 workouts felt like a moderate conditioning day. Still working on hand strength but I guess it will come with time.
24 - Bike ride (30 mins total). The air quality index dipped into Orange (Moderate) so I grabbed a bike and peddled home. Otherwise, nada. I made the mistake of sitting on my sofa when I got home instead of changing and getting onto the mat. A classic mistake.
25 - Rest. In China, this was a regular workday. Got home in the evening and took my DH out for dumplings.
26 - Rest. Had a bunch of friends over for 'Christmas dinner' - turkey and all the sides. I fully enjoyed the socializing, the food, and even several glasses of wine (not a usual thing for me). So, definitely no workout.
27 - Caroline Girvan's EPIC Challenge Day 9 Dumbbell Total Body, Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - Golf, Running. After a few days off, it was fun to get back to Caroline. Although... I was doing great, and then looked at the progress meter expecting to be almost done, and it was only 80%! I got used to her 40-minute splits, so a full hour was challenging. But I continue to be pleased with the progress I'm making - banging out those renegade rows like a boss, with almost a full pushup in between!
28 - Caroline Girvan's Christmas Cardio, Yoga 30for30 Stamina. Caroline's workout was a total sweat-fest. At about 60% I had to pause to get the charger for my computer, (and I was very glad for the break). I muttered to my husband, "She's trying to kill me, and she thinks it's Christmas!" But I loved it, as always. After that, Lauren's jokes about the plank holds in Stamina being hard seemed like, "Ehh, no big deal!"
29 - Bike ride (30 mins total). I was planning to take a day off because yesterday's cardio was high intensity (for me). But then I had to go out for drinks with a potential investor. There were many, many drinks. Hope I recover quickly and can get back to my mat tomorrow.
30 - Bike ride (30 mins total). It turned *cold* overnight, so I thought a brisk bike ride would be just the thing to recover from last night's session. But by lunchtime, I'd lost my moxie. Went out for a quiet birthday dinner with my DH, and early to bed.
31 - Rest. Still very very cold, and then our heating broke. I couldn't get anyone to repair it during the day, so it was chilly when I got home. We went out to dinner, watched some TV and I fell asleep by 9:30pm. My signature more for NYE. Happy New Year everyone!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 07:57 PM  
CharM

More "Set Parties"! (stolen from Linda) It looks like I have enough sets to last nearly 2 years if I do one a month. Don't tell anyone!

Riding the XTrain
1. Burn Sets Chest & Back - I went heavier and now I'm paying for it. ouch! I also did an AthleanX shoulder workout, just one round nearly killed me again.
2. Legs - Barre, Ball & Chair, Floor premix. I did this because I thought it was shorter than the original and it was... by 3 minutes! I don't know where I got the idea that it was short.
3. Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps
4. Cardio Leg Blast - Strength only - there are so many different exercises that I can't pinpoint what exactly made me so sore.
5. no workout, raked leaves from the lawn and placed on the street, and swept a ton off the sidewalk onto the street. My neighbors did the same job with FOUR people! little old me did it by myself

Walk Strong + XTrain
6. Jessica Smith Cardio Party + 10:30 minutes of Interval Mix - I decided to whip out Walk Strong since I didn't want to do anything too sweaty.
7. XTrain Legs Standing & Floor - one day I'll breeze through this. I had trouble with walking lunges, which I think is the first exercise? I'd feel better if I had more space. I think I moved things around last time, so I'll do that and see how it goes.
8. Interval Mix - Since this workout doesn't leave you dying even following Beth, I did that. My heart rate got up with those plank jump-ins.
9. Cardio Leg Blast - Strength only but I did rounds 1-6 twice with a little heavier weights than normal. I didn't know I was sweating until the cool down when we got into downward dog; sweat was flying. haha
10. no workout, went to visit the parents. Mr. M was going to help his parents with installation, so we'd intended to go on Saturday 5th, but the item's delivery was delayed until 9th. He dropped me off at my parent's house while he went to help his. The delay was probably for the best, since it gave us even more time to make sure we hadn't any virus symptoms; it had been 11 days since we'd left the house and we'd been checking our temperatures often.
11. WS Total Body Strength
12. WS Brain Fitness Fun (it wasn't) + 10 minutes of 360 Abs. I think I've had enough of JS, it's not me, it's her. She doesn't know the meaning of "couple", so we do 4-8 of whatever instead of TWO. It makes me want to throttle her, but since I can't, I'll keep my sanity by not using her dvds for at least a COUPLE of months. (4-8)

I'll figure something out: looks like FeFit and Miracle Miles
13. nothing
14. FeFit Lower Body 1 - note to self: this goes into the Yakkers rotation. She can talk! I honestly couldn't tell you if she was giving form pointers or cheering or babbling, I just heard noise. After, I needed something a little more calming, so I did a mile of Leslie. Make of it what you will. lol
15. I had planned on working out, but then I got lazy, so this morning I re-set the alarm so I could sleep in. But God had other plans for me, for at the 7th hour, God said to me, "thou shalt not sleep!" and then the earth shook slightly. It was a 3.6 and a 4.0 earthquake nearby, not enough to cause damage, but enough to scare me out of bed to do FeFit Cardio Circuit 1 and 10 minutes of Leslie.
16. This time i did sleep in. I figured what are the odds of another earthquake waking me up? I didn't say that out loud, of course. lol But I did go grocery shopping and then I had to move the wet, soggy leaves on the street just a few feet away (that was actually pretty tough), so those count as my exercise.
17. FeFit Barre 1 - I guess I've already gotten used to her talkative ways and I listened a bit. For those who care, I didn't do an official count, but I'm sure I heard more ladies than mommies, and more mommies than kiddos. I finished up with a Miracle Mile without the band. i don't know if I've mentioned it, but I don't use the band because I like the way it looks in the plastic bag (ok, so I'm too lazy to not only get it out, but to struggle with shoving it back in)
18. FeFit Upper Body 1 - c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!!! c'mon! ladies... c'mon! c'mon! c'mon ladies!! That's pretty much all I heard. And, believe it or not, it doesn't bother me. Even I'm surprised at that. I think because she's said things in ways that reminds me of my niece, and she's talkative like my niece, so I give her a pass. I used 3s but had to drop to 2s for some shoulder work, then back to 3s for the last part. I did another Miracle Mile.
19. FeFit Core 1 - oh how I hate to work my abs on my back. I'd rather have done the entire workout in plank. (That's not true, I nearly died from Leah's 20 minute plank work) But yes, we did get a short reprieve by doing some plank work, I should be more thankful for that, I suppose. I ended with another Miracle Mile.

FeFit and Mirace Miles again
20. FF Total Body 1 + 1 mile. I forgot that I was supposed to be done with MM, so, oops. I guess I'll stick with it for another week, then hide it.
21. 2 Miles + FF Stretch Flow 1. I'm going to have to force myself to stretch more, I'm not very flexible.
22. FF Lower 2 + 1 mile
23. FF Core 2 - I don't know how I forgot to mention that Core 1 left my upper back sore; so much that it hurt to inhale or exhale deeply. It also hurt to move, so I did my best to sleep on my back without moving. Core 2 didn't feel as tough, so I hope it won't happen again. I also did 1 Miracle Mile.
24. FF Barre 2 - no soreness from Core. yay! And so far I prefer the "2" workouts to the "1". These workouts aren't really giving me DOMS, (except for Core 1), which is strange because I almost always get sore the first time doing a workout. Even though technically this isn't the first time using them, it's been long enough since I'd done them to qualify. 1 Miracle Mile.
25. writing these before I forget, will catch up soon. 3 Miracle Miles from disc 5, FF Stretch 2
26. FF Total Body 2 - Even though we're using light weights, some of these moves are too fast. What the heck is the hurry? I slowed down because I don't need an injury. I also felt ridiculous using 3s for chest press and triceps on the floor, I didn't feel anything. These don't move too fast (except for chest flyes) so it's ok to go heavier, but there are many reps, so I think 10s would have worked fine. Finished up with the last miracle mile of the set and I've hidden it so I won't accidentally do it again.

Why not finish out my set party with FeFit and ... oh no she didn't
27. well, well, well, if it isn't little miss meyer walking in like she owns the place, and she brought along a couple of sidekicks. Sure, I wanted to have a little more fun, but party crashing?! If you think that's tacky, get this, they each brought their own band! Wow. I had no choice but to join in. Super Sculpt drills and band.
28. FF Upper Body 2 and then I went to Jessica Smith's Dance Party, but only stayed for 10 minutes.
29. FF Lower Body 3 and 10 minutes of Stephanie's PowerFit Cardio
30. Rest
31. I ended 2019 with KCM, started 2020 with KCM, ending 2020 with KCM, but just in case, will not begin 2021 with her. haha Trim Down workout 1, plus a 15 minute Jessica Smith
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 08:01 PM  
amg

December

1. Walk Strong 2 Steady, Ready,Go! and Jill Miller YTUAH L1M1C
2. Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Body and Jill Miller YTUAH L1M2C
Old 11-26-20, 08:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Is it 2021 yet??

1 Great start to the month! Zero, zip, nada...
2 Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Upper Body & Core Circuit - 31 minutes; Pilates Nest - Empower & Thrive - 12 minutes
3 Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Standing & Mat Lower Body - 24 minutes & Christmas Thigh & Seat Target - 7 minutes
4 A repeat of Tuesday - zip!
5 Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Barre Hiit Circuit - 39 minutes & Children's Christmas Stretch - 9 minutes
6 No formal exercise, but I did outside Christmas decorating and cleaned out flowerbeds and raked leaves
7 Jessica Smith - Walk Strong: Total Body Training - 30 minutes
8 Walk - 30 minutes
9 Jessica Smith - 21 Day Walk On: Hiit Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Full Body Stretch
10 Pahla B - Age Defying Workout (Walking with dumbbells) - 27 minutes
11 Pahla B - Total Body Strength Training for Beginners and Beyond - 24 minutes & Standing Cool Down - 5 minutes
12 Pahla B - Midlife Metabolism Boost - 22 minutes, plus the 3 minute finisher, & Body Shaping Challenge, Day 9 - Floor Stretch - 17 minutes
13 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 1 - 37 minutes (heavy weights)
14 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 2 - 21 minutes (dynamic stretching)
15 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 3 - 25 minutes (low impact cardio)
16 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 4 - 28 minutes (moderate weights)
17 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 5 - 18 minutes (recovery core strength)
18 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 6 - 27 minutes (walking with weights)
19 Pahla B - Body Shaping for Women Over 50: Day 7 - 28 minutes (run/walk); Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates - Standing Practice - 30 minutes
20 Jessica Smith - YouTube: Total Body Standing Strength - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Pilates for Beginners; Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch: Chair Stretch - 12 minutes; Dog Walk - 30 minutes
21 Jessica Smith - YouTube: 30 Minute Travel Friendly Strength & Cardio Circuit - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Beginner Ab Workout; Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch: Express Stretch - 5 minutes; Walk - 20 minutes
22 Jessica Smith - YouTube: 20 Minute A.B.S. Workout - 20 minutes; Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Bedtime Stretches
23 Jessica Smith - YouTube: 30 Minute Stepping Step - 35 minutes
24 Jessica Valant - Gentle Pilates: 15 Minute Pilates for Beginners - 15 minutes & Pilates for Knee Pain Relief - 12 minutes
25 Rest Day
26 Walk - 30 minutes; Jessica Valant - Pilates for Beginners - Total Body Workout - 22 minutes
27 Pahla B - The Strength Workout You Need - 25 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates to Feel Your Best - 12 minutes
28 Pahla B - Simple Sweat - 25 minutes; Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat #1 - 16 minutes
29 Shelley/Fabulous 50s - 10 Minute Fat Burn Morning Routine - 10 minutes; Pahla B - Full Body Floor Stretching - 20 minutes; Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Pilates Basics - 10 minutes
30 Pahla B - Best Life Over 50 (Cardio and Strength Intervals) - 25 minutes
31 Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Beginners, Part 1 - 27 minutes, Pilates for Beginners, Part 2 - 13 minutes, and 10 Minutes Pilates - Full Body Stretching - 10 minutes

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts