Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-20, 06:46 PM  
gigi

Cathe Live #321 Metabolic Circuit

I really enjoyed this workout. It is a good mid-weight circuit that gets your heart rate up. It moves quickly but not as quickly as Perfect 30. You do 3 sets of 3 exercises, repeat and move on in the same format. The last 3 exercises are not repeated because they are drop sets. Cathe was quite funny in this one as she kept popping up after a floor exercise when we needed to stay on the floor for a third exercise. She was enthusiastic but not over the top. I liked the pace and the format very much.

She uses 5's. 10's, 12's, 15's, 20's, and 25's and a mat. It was a good full body workout but a bit heavier on upper body.
Old 11-10-20, 07:06 PM  
muggle

I did this yesterday and I thought it was a lot of upper body and not very metabolic. I love Cathe but this was just meh for me. I DO love her live classes though. So many to choose from.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 07:06 PM  
mimikz

I did this one today and I agree, it was pretty perfect for me. And honestly, overall I think Cathe Live is the greatest fitness subscription bargain. I don't use it exclusively but at even once or twice a week, well worth the $$

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:50 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

I have not done that one yet, thanks for the recommendation. I just did Burn Sets Express Legs Heavy Weights and really liked it. I do not use heavy weights, but I liked the heavy weight format because of the limited number of reps. Perfect for me!

I signed up for streaming to try Perfect 30 and found I really like the recent Lives without the class. Apologies to the class participants, but Cathe alone is really kind of fun. She seems to be mixing it up a bit more than when she has a class with her.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 08:38 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
I did this one today and I agree, it was pretty perfect for me. And honestly, overall I think Cathe Live is the greatest fitness subscription bargain. I don't use it exclusively but at even once or twice a week, well worth the $$

Mimi K
I agree. I cancel and rejoin other subscriptions all the time but I keep Cathe's subscription. It is upper body heavy but I found it metabolic in a more doable way. I dropped upper body on the second round of squats and deadlifts so I could go heavier.
Old 11-11-20, 08:42 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I have not done that one yet, thanks for the recommendation. I just did Burn Sets Express Legs Heavy Weights and really liked it. I do not use heavy weights, but I liked the heavy weight format because of the limited number of reps. Perfect for me!

I signed up for streaming to try Perfect 30 and found I really like the recent Lives without the class. Apologies to the class participants, but Cathe alone is really kind of fun. She seems to be mixing it up a bit more than when she has a class with her.
I agree that her workouts seem to be getting creative while Cathe goes at it alone. I'm so glad Cathe is still filming live workouts. I do miss the class though. I really miss the outgoing blond from Cathe's video's and live classes. She just disappeared from the classes and videos. I don't remember her name. She has been gone for quite a while now. I enjoy using Cathe Live and having access to the blender and all her workouts.
Old 11-12-20, 08:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Sorry to hijack for a bit but are the Cathe Live workouts less equipment heavy than her dvds? She seems to use every piece of equipment known to man in her dvds and it just fills me with dread. TIA
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 11:38 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Sorry to hijack for a bit but are the Cathe Live workouts less equipment heavy than her dvds? She seems to use every piece of equipment known to man in her dvds and it just fills me with dread. TIA
Yes, I would say a lot of them only use three sets of weights (more or less) and a mat. The cardio usually have nothing or just a mat and/or optional boxing gloves. Sometimes she'll throw in a firewalker loop or a band.

Here's a list of the Cathe Lives. If you click on the "details" it will tell you the equipment needed.

https://www.cathedownloads.com/categ...ts/cathe-live/
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 11:44 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I enjoyed #321 Metabolic Circuit a lot too! Another one I've done a few times already is #319 Low Impact Cardio Sweat Plus Core. It's a nice mix of low impact cardio and metabolic with a core/abs finisher.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 12:16 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Yes, I would say a lot of them only use three sets of weights (more or less) and a mat. The cardio usually have nothing or just a mat and/or optional boxing gloves. Sometimes she'll throw in a firewalker loop or a band.

Here's a list of the Cathe Lives. If you click on the "details" it will tell you the equipment needed.

https://www.cathedownloads.com/categ...ts/cathe-live/
Thank you!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe live