Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-20, 12:44 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Anna. I bought a healthy cookbook by the author of the "Well Plated" blog and a King Arthur baking book which is packed with information. I am eager to read through them.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 02:15 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am weird that I like reading through cookbooks I pre-ordered the new Skinnytaste book, which will arrive tomorrow. Next week I will receive Jodi Picoult's newest book. I will then try to read what I own and not buy anything new for awhile! I have plenty of books I have not read yet.
I recently received a Polish vegetarian cookbook. I like to read and also try!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 03:40 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
I recently received a Polish vegetarian cookbook. I like to read and also try!
gladgirl—What’s the name of the Polish cookbook? I am always searching for new ethic vegetarian recipes. Never thought of searching for Polish ones.

TIA in gladgirl!
Old 09-14-20, 03:54 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
gladgirl—What’s the name of the Polish cookbook? I am always searching for new ethic vegetarian recipes. Never thought of searching for Polish ones.

TIA in gladgirl!
It’s this one. Getting ingredients for some pierogies.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fre...=9781615196555
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 06:54 PM  
JezthePuff2

I like to read cookbooks as well. I learn a lot from them.

Right now I'm reading (listening to) Such a Fun Age, which is a Reese Witherspoon pick. I'm kind of enjoying it, but I find the premise a little weird. I'm interested to see where it goes.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 07:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I am reading:

A novel, Sister of My Heart
A non-fiction yoga book, Accessible Yoga
A non-fiction digital book for review, Breath (someone in the previous thread mentioned this book, but I can't recall who)
I thought I should update my last post!

Finished Sister of My Heart and really enjoyed it (although somewhat dismayed that it is the first in a series, haha.

Finished Accessible Yoga, which I liked (although not a lot new to me); returned to the library

Finished another yoga book, The Genius of Yoga. I liked the exercises (kriyas) suggested in this book but didn't like the condescending (to me) tone of the authors.

Still reading Breath (I think I'm about 3/4 now).

Started Stephen King's If It Bleeds a few days ago.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 08:16 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I'm currently reading The Girls Who Went Away. It tells the stories of unwed mothers who surrendered their babies for adoption in the 50's, 60's and early 70's. The majority were sent away to maternity homes. Truly heartbreaking.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:02 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I think i posted this in the Summer thread but not sure. It seems like ages since I have posted here. I read Washington Black by Esi Edugyan. Excellent and I highly recommend it. Great characters and story and written beautifully.

I also read The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Also a great read. Those were the only two books I have read since the pandemic started.
Our book group is meeting in early October to select books for the next year. I am thinking of suggesting the following:
The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell.
I just picked all of them up at Costco. The second two weren't even on my radar screen but now they are.
I have tons of unread books on my shelf that I pitched to book group that weren't selected. Not sure when I will get around to reading them so might get rid of the ones I know I will never read (realistically)
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:05 PM  
Carol K

I totally recommend The Testaments for those who have read The Handmaid's Tale. But some of my friends have been watching The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu or Netflix or whichever. And I don't know if that series is over. The Testaments is very conclusive, so people watching the series should wait until it's over.
Old 09-18-20, 05:09 PM  
sherry7899

I am reading British psychological suspense (what a shock!) The book is called "The Dilemma" by BA Paris. My library had ordered it for me. They are offering outdoor book pick ups now.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, reading