Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-20, 09:00 AM  
alisoncooks

Anyone have a folding exercise bike you love?

I'm in the market for an exercise bike. The only requirements are: comfy, short people friendly, and FOLDING.

Anyone have any tried-and-true recommendations? I bought this Exerpeutic bike a few years ago...but I'm a shade to short for it to be comfy. https://www.amazon.com/Exerpeutic-Fo...8450308&sr=8-3. I ended up just passing it on to a friend.

My girls and I have been walking these past few months but my PF is flaring right now (mystery of mysteries, I have no idea why. Boo!) and I'm looking for an indoor cardio to cross train with (and keep off my heel).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 10:46 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Listening, because I had this question back when my PF was a problem and never pulled the trigger on anything.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 11:17 AM  
Lauren

I have a Slim Cycle, which includes resistance cables for upper body. I’m not sure I love it, I haven’t used it as much as I promised DH I would, lol. It has comfortable seating, along with various resistance levels. It’s quiet, and sturdy. I’ve even stood up to pedal, probably not recommended, but it withstood the motion and speed. I’m 5’1 and it’s a great fit for me. The cable component does present a problem when standing.. “down under” . Amazon carries it, but I ordered mine from Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I was able to apply a coupon.

Best wishes in your decision.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 11:27 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I haven’t used it as much as I promised DH I would, lol.
Haha! If my purchase were dependent on this, I'd be disqualified! I currently have an elliptical but our Craigslist buyer is picking it up on Saturday. It just takes up sooo much space. (Hence the "folding" requirement.)
Old 08-26-20, 11:37 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Alison, I'm so glad you asked this question! I would like recommendations for a bike, too! Hoping others will chime in. I've also had PF in the past, and it's mostly fine now. But, I would like a cardio alternative when I'm feeling a bit lazy or tired, LOL. I'm 5'6", how tall are you?

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 12:00 PM  
SueT

I have the Slim Cycle and like it a lot. It’s very comfortable and virtually silent, unless you’re using the upper body cables, which make a little noise.

I got mine from Bed, Bath, and Beyond with the 20% off coupon and free shipping.

Hope this helps.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 01:31 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for the Slim cycle recs. It wasn't even on my radar, but now I'm leaning that way. (Especially if the price is right with a BB&B coupon!)

Pam - I'm 5'4"-ish? But I also want something my teens can use, and youngest DD is probably 5'1" or 5'2".

FWIW, I did like the bike I linked upthread, but the seat was uncomfortable at the thighs because my legs were too short. Other than that, it felt sturdy.
Old 08-26-20, 02:26 PM  
Leonana

I'm having the same problem, PF started flaring again. I bought this one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't received it yet, so hope I like it. The reviews weren't bad for it considering the price. It's small, so it should fit in my bedroom pretty well.
Old 08-26-20, 08:19 PM  
anetta

I have the Exerpeudic one, I ride the heck out of it in the winter.

I am short-5'1, but have long legs I guess (short waist).

I have actually ridden it for as long as 90 minutes and have had no problems-I don't keep it folded it is actually in my living room by the TV.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 09:52 PM  
sillygirl

I bought the Fitnation Flex Ultra Bike from QVC (or HSN, can't remember which ) a couple years ago and like it. I'm 5'1.5" and it's comfortable to use. My daughter was able to use it when she was just under 5 feet. I like that it can be used as an upright bike or recumbent and has the resistance bands. The big cushy seat is comfy too.

https://www.buyfitnation.com/collect...lex-bike-ultra

Looks like HSN has a very similar bike just under a different brand name:

https://www.hsn.com/products/fitques...with-r/9377113
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
folding bike, stationary bike