Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-19, 07:11 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Pratima: Congrats to DD! I know what you mean about barely able to keep up--I was there for a few years, and now I just can't at all keep up with mine. The last 5K we did together she left me in her dust from the start line. She's trying to get below 30:00 too--she was SO CLOSE in her turkey trot. I'm trying to get her to do a 10K with me in New Orleans over spring break. She keeps saying "that's a lot of Ks!" I hope you can find a way through the stress.

I do RPM on my old spin bike. The on demand rides don't have too many breaks. They're definitely not as intense as Spinervals, but they're perfect for me where I am now. I'm finding I like the Les Mills on demand workouts far better than the gym ones, even though they're the same workouts. I think it's the international mix of instructors that make the on demand ones so good.

Since my last check in, I had my rest day Wednesday, did BodyPump Thursday, RPM Friday, ran 2.5 miles Saturday (including a few short sprints), BodyPump Sunday, RPM yesterday, and BodyPump this morning. I need to find a way to keep the workouts up during Christmas travel. Hopefully the weather will be ok enough to at least go to the track that week.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 08:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Sorry for no personals. Been a busy week baking dozens of cookies. Friday and Monday I did VA treadmill hill workouts, Saturday I went to the Nutcracker with a friend and her daughter. I have more baking to do today and I really need to go through tubs in the basement so hubby can put those and all the Halloween ones away for me. I will workout first today though, which I didn't do the last two days.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 11:15 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Checking in to help keep consistent: Wednesday RPM, Thursday BodyPump, Friday RPM. Plan is to run again around the field while DD trains tomorrow and Body Pump Sunday.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 09:55 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my in-laws so I was a super-slug. Glad we could be there though.

I'm missing my family and D'Argo and Chianna but I'm finding the happy moments too. When I was a kid my mom got sad at Christmas sometimes bc she missed her family. I didn't understand it then but I sure have since mine moved so far away! We are always together in spirit though.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-25-19, 11:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Merry Christmas, friends!

Old 01-03-20, 03:36 PM  
Vantreesta

New thread is up

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...96#post2854196