Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-19, 12:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers Week of Dec 29th

Hi Maxers! Sounds like we are all having a busy and joyful holiday. I just checked out of my hotel and am waiting my sister to pick me up. I ran 4 miles this morning and felt pretty good. It is very flat here which helps.

Jbliff enjoy your time with your family and just post when you can.

I think I am going to be mixed up for awhile with Christmas and the New Yesf in the middle of the week.

Waves to all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 07:01 AM  
Cher

Just popping in to say “Hello.” No workout again yesterday. Probably nothing official today either since I have PT this morning.

Karen - Thanks for starting us off for the week. I didn’t realize yesterday was Sunday when I posted.

Waves to everyone else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 10:21 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I hope you get a good PT who helps lot! The one I had was wonderful.

Waves to all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 07:06 PM  
Cher

PT went well this morning. I really liked the Physical Therapist I got. She did a few tests and came to the conclusion that the slipped disc is not what is causing me pain. It is my SI joint and my piriformis muscles. She said they are REALLY tight. So, she did some electrode and heat thing on my SI joint, then massage and ultrasound thing on the area. Then did some stretches with me and told me to also do them at home a few times a day. Then showed me where to put a therapy ball to help massage my piriformis. Then last of all I rode a semi-recumbent stationary bike. She did tell me not to do any step aerobics or Leslie Sansone right now. (Marching and stepping up on a step works those muscles and right now she is trying to loosen them up and relax them). She said only walking or riding a bike right now. Doesn’t look like I’m going to be getting much exercise since it is to cold outside. Maybe I will have to fight the boredom and do house walking....ugh! I do have a stationary bike but since it is very loud, I can’t use it while DH is sleeping in the morning and I doubt I will talk myself into it later in the day.
Old 12-30-19, 08:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I am glad you got a good PT! Sounds like she knows her stuff. Could you do some of your Leslie walking DVDs?

Vannie are you freeing to death? Stay warm.

Gibbee when are you off this week?

Have fun Jbliff.

KarenG
Old 01-01-20, 12:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy New Year all! Kareng
Old 01-01-20, 12:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy New Year all! Kareng
Old 01-01-20, 01:13 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cher:That sounds like a great PT appointment! Bummer about the step but I bet that if you stay on top of the exercises you'll stepping soon!

Karen:HI! I am off most of this week but not for relaxation. DH started infusions Monday for a 4 day run. I am extremely thankful for today off because he needs it and so do I. The day starts at 4 a.m. and while he is has been completing the infusion by 11, it is exhausting to go back home, get him back upstairs, fed and comfortable. Yesterday we had to go to the university for an eye appt in the afternoon that was nonexistent. We were left in a room over an hour (after agreeing to an earlier time appt. in an attempt to help them out) and when we finally left the room, there was no one but a receptionist left and one other patient being lectured by someone we didn't know. DH was not having it since we were already half an hour past our original appt time so we left. Parking lot was empty. We drove to the main campus and they were lights out and the staff was leaving in a big group. We asked one guy we know where Dr. F was at since he is in charge of the fellow he was to see and of course he was gone. So I guess we'll start following back up tomorrow. Colossal waste of time, gas and money. Since we were 'checked in', I'm calling insurance co tomorrow and letting them know we had nothing done except his eyes dilated and then were left alone. I know waiting an hour plus isn't long but it was well over an hour and we heard people being brought in, examined and dismissed. At the main campus we have waited over 4 hours in an exam room before, so normally we have more patience (me, not him), but the fellow we were to see is the one who scratched DH's cornea when she removed the prokera last week in the first place. Totally undid the repairs that had been done by the lens and his body. DH has lost confidence in her to say the least.

JB:Did you do anything for New Year's?

Vannie: How are you doing?

Check in: No workout Monday (well, a 5 min Leslie) and then Tuesday was Lite Pyramid Lower Body Up. Today was RAW Box & Pump 1.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 11:08 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

test post
Old 01-02-20, 06:37 PM  
Cher

Happy New Year!

Still going to PT and it seems to be helping. I had a crappy NYE. Got sick about 5:00 (puking and all - sorry if that’s too much info ). I ended up in bed by 8:00. Then was pretty much wiped out all day yesterday (NY Day).

Gibbee - How exhausting all that must be! That is just ridiculous about that eye appointment! Unbelievable! Did you call that office back and give them heck? I sure would have!

Waves to everyone else!