Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-18, 10:37 AM  
lexybeth1

Body Revolution

Good Morning Everyone! I wanted to ask if anyone has much to say about Jillian Michael's Body Revolution? I am in my last semester of Nursing School and it has been a long tough road, working out has taken a backseat to using my brain again at 46😉 I am wanting to try to again incorporate a devoted workout plan that is"short" and "sweet" and will get me results fast! Although I am precepting now in oncology ( job of my dreams!) I have a small amount of time to spare lately again. Where is best place to purchase? And does it give good results? I see it's available on Amazon, but with a 1-2 month wait? Any and all advice greatly appreciated! Thank you so much, and God bless you and this website for giving me years of amazing fitness tips and words of wisdom! I haven't posted much at all in a long time due to school demands but I still peek in and read when I need to get away from the stress of life or school, or just to take a breather, TIA! Misty
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 11:49 AM  
samantha-kitty

Sent you a PM
samantha-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 03:37 PM  
katchaser1

I feel you with the nursing school, that was a very stressful period in my life. I couldn't commit to an exercise program. I did a lot of kettlebell training at home and short sessions of free weight training (the minutes add up) and also long sessions of studying while walking on an incline on the treadmill. Best of luck with everything.
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-18, 03:54 PM  
lexybeth1

Thank you so much! I have 6 kids ages 25 down to 5 yrs old, and nursing school is the hardest thing I have done my entire life lol. Last semester (3rd) i think I spent the majority of my time in tears and the rest studying and stressing. I have gained 30 pounds since returning to school and I lost some over the summer and gained it all back! Trying to get through my last one now. Peds ATM , they front loaded it and it's 8 wks then continue with my last med surg and pharm throughout this semester. I find when i take the time and make myself stop and workout I feel so much better. I love love my clinicals and externed in oncology and fell in love. I am currently beginning my precept position in oncology. I am also applying for a job on oncology at the moment! Any words of advice are so appreciated! Thank you! Btw, where do you work? 😁
Old 02-17-18, 03:55 PM  
lexybeth1

Eta....the tests are a nightmare lol......is it like that everywhere???
Old 02-17-18, 04:19 PM  
katchaser1

The tests prepare you for the NCLEX. Going over questions and the rationales is the best way to prepare. The last semester is where I got burned out, it was taking a toll on my family and like you, I gained weight. It took a year before I even wanted to look at a book again. I graduated in 2013 and have worked in wound care since 2014 - I have an excellent group of co-workers and it's low stress, no nights or weekends.
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 01:33 PM  
CleverandSmart

Body Revolution will give you the best results in a short amount of time. Be prepared to work hard and try to go a heavy as you can. I was really impressed with my results 4 years ago. Jillian and the crew are very motivating. Give it a try - you won't regret it.
Sonja
CleverandSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 08:22 AM  
lexybeth1

thank you!

Thank you so much! I thought more people would have done body revolution lol. But I guess it's not very current 😊 I always have like Jillian's workouts but I have never done them consistently to speak of results. I'm hoping it will fit my niche at the moment and help me shed some weight!
Old 02-20-18, 05:30 PM  
leigh1673

Wow, nursing school and 6 kids!!? I bow to you for incorporating any exercise at all!

I like Body Revolution; they are some of Jillian's best workouts, IMO. However, I never did it as a system, so I can't speak to any "results." And because I have exercise "ADD" I never got past the first phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexybeth1 View Post
Thank you so much! I thought more people would have done body revolution lol. But I guess it's not very current 😊 I always have like Jillian's workouts but I have never done them consistently to speak of results. I'm hoping it will fit my niche at the moment and help me shed some weight!
Just FYI - you can do a search for "Body Revolution" and you will find a good amount of older threads if you want to read more about people's experience with it.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-18, 08:45 PM  
lexybeth1

Thank you! Lol 6 kids really isn't that hard😊 only 4 still at home and they are all very supportive! I will do that search! I will see what I can find! Nursing school is making me fat tho haha

Tags
body revolution