Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-17, 02:10 PM  
Footballnut

Rebounding - Am I the only one...

I notice that I have some issues with bladder control when I rebound. Anyone able to offer any recommendations about it?
Old 10-28-17, 02:47 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Sadly, it seems to be quite common?.. Suzanne Bowen mentions something about it (briefly) in one of her streaming bounce videos.
I always have to make sure I empty my bladder b4 rebounding and still use some precautions...
Kegels or no, gravity seems to win..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 02:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I can see it being a problem, especially for those of us who have had children. It's not an issue for me, although I make sure I'm empty before I start. I had things "shored up" when I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 03:00 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
I notice that I have some issues with bladder control when I rebound. Anyone able to offer any recommendations about it?
ok since you went there With my crappy rebounder it was not a good thing. I've only done one workout on my new jumpsport - but had ZERO issues. Not sure why and if it will continue, but so far it made a huge difference. Maybe someone else can chime in.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 03:21 PM  
upperwside

Rebounding strengthens the pelvic floor. Keep on doing it.. contract your muscles.. it will get better!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 03:35 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Rebounding strengthens the pelvic floor. Keep on doing it.. contract your muscles.. it will get better!
that's what I was hoping! thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 04:15 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
Bladder supports can help until you build some strength.

The sizing kit can help you find the right size.

ETA: A touch of lubricant can improve any discomfort related to insertion or dryness etc. HTH
Old 10-28-17, 04:49 PM  
Donna D

interesting link

https://www.bellicon.com/us_en/benef...s/pelvic-floor

Though the bellicon has been used effectively for improving pelvic floor strength, individual health issues can vary greatly, and rebounding may not be suitable for everyone. For people with existing health issues, it’s always best to check with their health care provider before beginning any new exercise program.

It’s also important that people with pelvic floor issues start slowly when they begin using the bellicon, increasing the intensity and duration of their workouts very gradually, allowing their bodies to adapt to the exercise comfortably and safely. Depending on the individual, it may also be best to avoid movements that put excess pressure on the pelvic floor, like jumping jacks or deep lunges, and instead build a workout routine from pelvic-friendly, light and moderate-intensity cardio movements.
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 04:57 PM  
Donna D

Tasha Mulligan, creator of the Hab-It DVD has a ton of information on her website

http://www.hab-it.com/pelvic-floor-s...nd-controlled/

Quote - I recently read through two different sites with the bloggers writing about how Kegels are worthless. If I could delete these entries just as quick as I read them, I would so that it didn’t cause any more confusion for all of you searching for answers. Do I agree that pelvic floor strengthening has been over-simplified – YES! But to say that you don’t have to do another Kegel is simply not correct.

http://www.hab-it.com/mis-information-about-kegels/
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-17, 07:52 PM  
Hedgehog

Tuck jumps do it for me - on OR off the rebounder. If I pause to go beforehand, I'm fine. I don't complain too much, I've had six kids and it is the only time I've ever had a problem
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bladder issues, pelvic floor