Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-16, 04:06 PM  
Dabbadooey

What are you NOT doing in 2017 that you did a

lot of in 2016? I went to barre3 live studio classes in 2016, and while I enjoyed it, it was too expensive and gave me a tractor butt.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 04:11 PM  
bubbles76

I'm googling tractor butt.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 04:23 PM  
PittyPat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm googling tractor butt.
I did that and I'm very sorry I did.

Still wondering what the OP meant.
PittyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 04:27 PM  
Dabbadooey

Ok I just made up tractor butt.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 05:38 PM  
Aunt Famous

As your fellow Southerner (Georgian in the house), I am guessing that "tractor butt" means a wide, flat butt, like one that fits nicely in the wide, flat seat of the tractor. I wouldn't want that, either.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 05:45 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
As your fellow Southerner (Georgian in the house), I am guessing that "tractor butt" means a wide, flat butt, like one that fits nicely in the wide, flat seat of the tractor. I wouldn't want that, either.

AF

I'm trying to figure out how barre3 would yield such a bottom?! Might it have resulted from other factors?

I don't plan to do anything differently in 2017. I have loved barre since 2011, and I love it still.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 05:48 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I googled tractor butt and found numerous images of some strange support device that gives you a very high, lifted bum. It looks nasty to me, but it seems to be a sought after look for some.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-16, 05:50 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I googled "tractor butt" under images, and got an eyeful. I can tell that this has the potential to be a fun thread!

As for what I'm NOT going to do in 2017, is I'm not going to worry so much about everything. I have to stay positive. I'll continue with my present workouts, so no changes there.
Old 11-30-16, 06:24 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post

AF

That was my thought too(fellow Georgia girl, AF).

Trying to fit various things in. I will do what works and feels good for me.
Old 11-30-16, 06:32 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I am making some changes (which I've already instituted this month). This year I revisited many Firm/WHFN style workouts and I loved them...but my riding boots went on this month and my calves got thick again (I had had thick calves most of my life but they thinned out the last three or four years with barre and Tonique). I never stopped doing barre but I decided to give up Firm style workouts once again and revisit Tonique workouts. I did Tonique from time to time this last year, but not 2-3 times a week like I have in the past.

I'd also like to work up the nerve to revisit HoCo...this last year my fitness declined as I got married, bought a new house, and generally enjoyed some fantastic life events that kept me away from my best fitness regimen. I'm also trying to put a sincere effort into my diet. Once again I'm so grateful for the amazing life events I've had, but I have been derailed and gained about 15 pounds in the 3 years that my now hubby and I have been together. Now that things are settled, time to re-prioritize my health!

ETA: LOL at the tractor butt comment

Tags
pancake a$$, resolutions, spongebob butt, tractor butt