Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-16, 10:17 PM  
SueT

Anna (Bunnyhop), what shoes did you find are good for twisty moves on carpet? I love kickboxing and other workouts, but my knees really struggle with anything twisty, and I exercise on carpet.

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-16, 11:22 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Anna (Bunnyhop), what shoes did you find are good for twisty moves on carpet? I love kickboxing and other workouts, but my knees really struggle with anything twisty, and I exercise on carpet.

Thanks,
Sue
I got a pair of Bloch Element that have a spot under the ball of the foot that's smoother than the rest, that makes a good pivot point. They don't have much padding, though, and the spot under the ball of the foot makes them kind of slippy, so would not make a good choice (if you ask me) for ordinary wear. I find them too unstable for ordinary walking around.

Years ago I had a pair by Ryka that I liked better, but I wore them out being dumb and wearing them for ordinary life. Naturally, they're discontinued. Sigh.

They all seem to be dance shoes, which I guess makes sense. Lightweight, flexible, with a bit under the ball of the foot that pivots well.
Old 11-19-16, 06:19 PM  
TamiT

personally I like the new T-Tapp walking workout called "Posture Power WALK" so much better than any other walking workout including the other two Step Away the Inches workouts by T-Tapp

originally I got it from PBS station but I see it is now offered at ttapp site

editing to say that Posture Power WALK has two workouts on it and an instruction section
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-16, 09:08 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiT View Post
personally I like the new T-Tapp walking workout called "Posture Power WALK" so much better than any other walking workout including the other two Step Away the Inches workouts by T-Tapp

editing to say that Posture Power WALK has two workouts on it and an instruction section
Thank you for mentioning Teresa Tapp's work. Her walking workouts are the toughest of all the walking workouts I've done--and that includes the Bob Harper Biggest Loser walks and the George Foreman walks with Petra Kolber. Five minutes with Teresa is like 15 minutes with Leslie or 8 minutes with Jessica. The added benefit is that Teresa's emphasis on form works every single muscle in the body--and when I'm up to it, she works all those muscles to exhaustion. Most especially her newer Power Posture walking workouts. I use Teresa's Power Posture form tips when I walk outside--as well as the form tips on her older walking workouts.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-16, 10:10 AM  
BunnyHop

Thanks for the rec on the T-Tapp Power Posture Walk. Just ordered. I've been meaning to try her stuff for a while and this seems like a good way in.
Old 11-20-16, 10:26 AM  
dianestjohn

I like Leslie for when my brain is fried from a hard day at work and I just want to tune out - her chatter doesn't bother me, I actually like it, and the moves are so simple I can just take a mental break and I find I feel much more relaxed and optimistic after I do one of her walks. This doesn't happen to me with any other instructor so I'm really grateful for her. i also like Jessica very much, her moves are interesting and her sets are GORGEOUS and often there is the adorable Peanut to smile at, but her workouts keep me more mentally engaged, I have to pay attention to the moves, so while the moves are more challenging and complex and I feel like I get a better workout with Jessica, her workouts are not as relaxing for me. SO I would advise getting them both
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-16, 11:48 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I like them both, but for me, there really is no comparison. They get lumped together as "beginner" walking type workout instructors. I consider Jessica intermediate and sometimes advanced.

Jessica's "walks" are often tough. She moves quickly and does a lot of different steps and compound moves. Her cueing and form pointers could be better. I have to be really careful with any of her workouts as she will do large twists (the inevitable, inescapable Wood Chops, etc.) and other large moves with weights.

I do really like her focus on balance moves. That is so important as we age.

Leslie is my go-to instructor in many situations. Her workouts can be made higher or lower in intensity easily. I don't like some of her workouts, but you rarely get those "creative" compound moves that can be dangerous if one isn't strict with form.

I use them both, but Leslie much more often.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-16, 12:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiT View Post

Doesn't Teresa often have a big sale around Black Friday/Cyber Monday? I thought I had read that somewhere.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 11-23-16, 12:28 PM  
TamiT

YES, she is having a HUGE sale and it starts today! I got an email last night with a whole list of items on sale and she's giving away bonus items too.

Deepest discount - Step it to the Max walking workout for $7.50 and Broom 2 walking workout for $7.50 or both for $10 while supplies last

WOW, never seen a sale that deep!
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-16, 03:11 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Whoops, wrong thread!

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
jessica smith, leslie sansone, teresa tapp