Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-07-16, 08:26 AM  
tracyb

Streaming yoga - Udaya vs. Gaia TV vs. ?

Good morning! I am relatively new to yoga, and was wondering what people thought about the various streaming sites. I would love to hear the good and bad. Thanks so much!
tracyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 04:54 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I am a Yoga Streaming site junkie! Here is what I subscribe to in my order of preference.

#1 Udaya!!!!!!!! The BEST streaming Yoga website I've ever used! Great instructors like Rudy Mettia, Travis Eliot, Vytas Baskauskas, Michelle Goldstein and so many more!! I rarely find a practice I don't like. All levels! My fav. With the plan I have I pay $12.00 month. https://udaya.com/

#2 Bryan Kest's Power Yoga. I LOVE Bryan. His Power Yoga 3dvd set was the first Yoga I tried. I love his style. Salty, yes, but fun. Monthly membership 15.95 but there are several plans. http://poweryoga.com/

#3 Vytas' My Yoga Works. I actually got a special Groupon promo where I could get the whole year for peanuts. Right now you can get 3 months for $45. I love anything by Vytas and subscribed mainly for his practices but have found some other great instructors like Mia Togo. I'm not sure if I'll continue to use this one after it expires in Dec unless I can find another good deal. https://www.myyogaworks.com/

#4 Gaia. I had subscribed to this a long time ago because I love David Magone's practices. I closed the subscription but recently signed back up with a free month then $7.95 a month. Also really good practices by Kreg Weiss, Cameron Gilley and lots of others. http://www.gaia.com/my-yoga

I also have done some of Michelle Goldstein's practices on YouTube. Her channel is called Heart Alchemy Yoga. She's got a knack. Plus it's FREE. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOi...H3aJL7pJGHpCpA

That's what I am enjoying.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-16, 08:54 PM  
daisyduke

Last year I was doing exclusively for quite awhile. During that time I signed up for free trials on every site I could find. 8 really loved switching sites every two weeks! Some I liked more than others. I'll try to write about each (as much as I can remember). I should note that I love variety. I really enjoy doing a different practice daily. Doing the same practices over and over is getting old (I've done ultimate yogi more times than I can count... I love Travis enough to do that).

1. UDAYA. Love. Never had a problem signing in or buffering. I love the beautiful sets. I tend to get bored in yoga and plain white sets every practice is not my preference. i always come back to UDAYA. Lots of variety.

2. YogaVibes. Loved. Different teachers in different studios. They had yoga with weights which was really fun. Searching for classes on my phone was a bit tricky if I remember correctly but I always got it to work. I would definitely go back to this site. Loads of variety.

3. YogaGlo. Loads of variety. I remember always searching for 60 minute advanced lower body focus and always getting the same teacher. If I were to try it again I'd try changing up my search. The white background got old. People doing different things in the class than what the teacher was saying was a bit annoying. I prefer how UDAYA has the students all doing the same thing.

4. Yogatoday looks so nice but every practice cut off at the 20 minute mark for me. The screen would go black and I'd have to reload it. Usually I just got frustrated and quit the site right then and there.

5. Gaiam ... same as yogatoday. Never did one practice.

6. Doyogawithme ... FREE! Love this site. Lots of variety and beautiful settings.

7. Myyogaworks. Clear concise instruction. Bland white background. Boring for me.

I'm sure I forgot some but this is what I remember now!
Enjoy your yoga. I love it but I always feel like I need more.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 12:05 PM  
tracyb

Thank you ladies!
tracyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaia, myyogaworks, yoga