Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-16, 01:16 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Take a look also at Sue Grant's Older, Wiser series - she has clips of all the dvds on her website:

http://www.olderwiserworkout.com/
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 03:08 PM  
nschultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Stephanie Huckabee's powerfit
anything by Joel Harper
Mirabai Holland

your mother's progress is admirable--please pass on our congratulations
Thank you, I will pass it along to her. I'm so proud of her, she's been overweight all of my life and I've always been active, but never wanted to push anything on her and make her resist.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 05:41 PM  
mlroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I recently purchased Leslie Sanson's 7 Day Calorie Burn, as it has five short walks and two strength programs on it.

I don't have a lot of Leslie workouts, but do you think this would be a good place to start? She probably would have to modify the lower body routine, as she has problems getting up and down from the floor.
Bubbles - I'm recently starting back to exercise after taking so long off I'm falling apart. A few months ago I looked for Leslie's "short cuts" (aka: upper and lower body fitness) and they were expensive. And in the past week or so I saw someone mention the Walk Away Your Stress, which I hadn't heard of before, so I was considering buying that. Just looked up the 7 Day Calorie Blast and it's only $5 new from Amazon Prime! Thank you Thank you Thank you for mentioning it!!! =) Come Friday, IT WILL BE MINE...!

Still just bein' a mel...
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 06:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Another vote for PowerFit, & PowerFit Harmony.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 11:59 PM  
nschultz

Perfect timing with Mary's sale. I ended up getting her:

Fit Prime Just Right Cardio- Anna Benson
Powerfit - it was only $8.99
Step by Step Strength Training - Petra Kolber

Thanks again for the recommendations. I'm still going to check out Margaret Richards and T-Tapp.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 05:32 AM  
J'Ann

For the mom who has mobility issues, look at Chair Dancing. The aerobics ones move rather fast for true beginners but she has 3 ones with weights. The people are all ages and weight ranges with different modifiers. I've used those during different foot injuries.

J'Ann
J'Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 02:44 PM  
imhere2dance

Project HOPE - Richard Simmons

Walk This Way - Leslie Sansone

Prime Time collection - Jane Fonda
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 03:09 PM  
PennyK

Dance that Walk 5000 steps and Smile & Sway Dancing In Your Chair with Gina Buber.

ETA: When I purchased the dance one it was a dvd-r, but I noticed that on Amazon it no longer says dvd-r so I emailed and asked. Gina replied that they are currently exhausting the dvd-r copies and within the next few weeks will be transferring all current titles and upcoming releases to dvd.

This is great that they will now be dvd and that there will be new releases as the dance one is really cute and fun. I also want the chair one.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 06:51 PM  
dnna

Kathy Smith Rejuvenation series is on sale at Mary's Total Fitness site. also, check out Katy Smith menopause dvd, that is a good one too.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-16, 07:56 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlroman View Post
Bubbles - I'm recently starting back to exercise after taking so long off I'm falling apart. A few months ago I looked for Leslie's "short cuts" (aka: upper and lower body fitness) and they were expensive. And in the past week or so I saw someone mention the Walk Away Your Stress, which I hadn't heard of before, so I was considering buying that. Just looked up the 7 Day Calorie Blast and it's only $5 new from Amazon Prime! Thank you Thank you Thank you for mentioning it!!! =) Come Friday, IT WILL BE MINE...!
I hope you enjoy it
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, fitprime just right, mirabai holland, senior