Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-15, 08:08 PM  
Orlita

Favorite flowing/dancing/moving yoga?

I would love to hear some suggestions of yoga practices that have a flowing movement to them, from Shiva Rea style to Buti.

I do love moving within poses, and also the pulsing style of, for example, Tari Rose's "Hard Body Yoga." But I also appreciate good cueing with regard to alignment -- so important.

I do have Liquid Asana. I suppose I had better unwrap it.

Any other favorites? Thanks!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 08:50 PM  
lorajc

I wish there were more like this also. Sometimes buti is a bit too advanced for me. What I'm still waitin forf someone to do is a yoga circuit style workout where they actually flow fom yoga poses to a weight segment to a damce segment or maybe dance like moves while holding light dumbells doing arm moves and then flowing into yoga poses.....I don't know whynobody has done that.....unless everyone thinks its a stupid idea. I always liked the idea of mixing of martial arts with yoga also.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 09:33 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I wish there were more like this also. Sometimes buti is a bit too advanced for me. What I'm still waitin forf someone to do is a yoga circuit style workout where they actually flow fom yoga poses to a weight segment to a damce segment or maybe dance like moves while holding light dumbells doing arm moves and then flowing into yoga poses.....I don't know whynobody has done that.....unless everyone thinks its a stupid idea. I always liked the idea of mixing of martial arts with yoga also.
There was one. I can't remember the name of it but Teigh & Gillian were in it. It was like a precursor to YBB.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 09:33 PM  
Orlita

Hmmm....there was that Budokon workout. Have you seen that?
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-15, 09:42 PM  
Kitten

Found it:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._signin&sr=8-1

It used to be on hulu, but I couldn't find it today. IIRC, they put it in January of this year for obvious reasons.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buti, dance, flow yoga, vinyasa