Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-14, 12:29 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
I have to (retrospectively) agree with everything you say. Unfortunately I have friended her personally. I love her workouts very much but don't have time lately for any workout except running after my toddler and keeping house.

By the way, your comment about kundalini yoga reminded me of Ana Brett and Ravi Singh, who were stating in their raviana page A-Z that abortion is ok before X number of weeks because the soul of the fetus is still unformed (it's down now of course) , as well as how abstinence makes for a more spiritual experience when you do make love twice a month. Regardless of your personal opinion regarding these controversial topics, you might agree that their approach is confusing and out of fitness boundaries, right?

Thanks everyone for your contributions, very interesting and much appreciated!
Wow, I had now idea Ravi and Ana had this on their site. That's shocking. Now I think I can understand why some people have trepidation about beginning a yoga practice at all. I've read a few times over the years here that some were concerned about a conflict of interest.

Oh, and even if you friended Teresa personally, I doubt if she'll notice you unfriended her. I've unfriended many people and I'll bet I've been unfriended a few times too, but I'll never know for sure. It's really not a huge deal to unfriend people, IMO. I've also unfollowed people too, relatives who's presence in my feed would just rattle me.

The only thing I can't seem to get rid of is those doggone game invitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Honestly, I think FB has become a place on the internet to spout of whatever you want about whatever topic. It is driving me crazy. All I get is advertisements, political opinions, medical advice and rants. I thought it was a social network and I hardly see anything from my friends...IRL or VF.

I'd pull my account if it wasn't for the fact that my kids are on and I need to keep an eye on them.
Jackie, see which pages are dominating your feed. I made the huge mistake of liking Buzzfeed, Huffington Post and Upworthy. OMG, these sites literally commandeered my feed and I just had to get rid of them.
Old 09-02-14, 01:07 PM  
maitai

Quote:
For some reason, this made me lol. Figuring this out was the most thinking I've done all day
Buajajajajajajaja!
Old 09-02-14, 02:09 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiT View Post
<snip> I heard that she had a breast cancer scare a few years ago but I don't think she had any chemo and I remember Teresa saying that her mother died from brain cancer.<snip>
At the workshop she said whatever treatment she had (maybe it was some other cancer treatment), she lost so much weight (muscle), but that she did the T-Tapp workout exclusively to build the muscle back. Whatever it was, when she was going through it, it wasn't clear she would survive for a time...which is why her faith was so important to her.

Might have been brain cancer for her mother...she talks about it in her book.
Old 09-02-14, 02:22 PM  
rosepetals

I feel saddened that so many folks are jumping on the bandwagon of putting down other people's personal decisions. I don't want to be attacked for supporting Teresa's decision to talk about baking soda use, so I hesitate to post.

My mom has been taking baking soda for years as one of her many treatments for uterine cancer. Yes, she is very successful. She is treating it naturally. She has rotated through many natural treatments. Everything from the Budwig protocol to juicing, smoothies, diet changes, and many other unapproved treatments. The Dr.s said she would be dead within a year of not being treated. I think it's been around 10 years and she is doing well.

I am in no means any expert, but if one were to dig they would see that most Dr.s are often afraid of the effects of chemo, radiation, and surgery. Often they refuse it due to the adverse side effects shortening their quality of life. Surgery can seed the cancer or cause it to spread. Chemo kills all cells, not just the cancer cells. It has it's risks. Radiation, well we all know what happens to people exposed to radiation. The long term effect of cancer surgery from what I have seen is causing it to spread and weakling the body so cancer can grow. When I worked in oncology patients would return to it after being cured. The chemo caused other kinds of cancers to grow. The research is out there to show the cause and effect to the treatments. You have to read medical journals though to find out what really happens if you take chemo, etc. I am not against chemo. It's a personal choice. One must do what is best for them. But I believe that there are many choices to cancer treatments, not just the medical system. What I wish could and would happen is all modalities would work together for the best interests of the patients. I have been there holding hands as lives have passed.

If you research online many people are healed by alternative methods. Science and medical research will not study methods that will not make them money. The medical industry is about keeping people alive, but not searching for the root cause of a disease or illness. or healing illness. When was the last time you heard of someone being healed with medicine?

They don't address methods that really cure or heal health issues. There have been many people healed by alternative methods, but usually they are shut down by the government when they get people talking about their success rates.

Often antidotal reports are believable to me, more so than scientific research. All research can be flawed. Medical studies are often made to look like certain medicines are safe. Later the public finds out they were duped by researchers with dishonest reporting. It's not uncommon if you look at history.

One such medication that has been hidden from the public is one that I am taking. I find that it has made a big difference in treating MS. Most Dr.s are not aware that the medication exists. The reason is, no pharmaceutical company will carry or make it due to a lack of profitability. It is called an orphan drug. Two simple common ingredients make up the patch I am on. Yet when I researched it there were hundreds of people treated with it successfully by a Dr. When things work really well often they are hushed in the medical community. They would rather me spend $5000 a month on shots that increase the speed of my decline, than take a $200 patch that makes me feel better. That would only be one part of their treatment plan that would end up costing me several thousand more dollars.

There are many weird treatments that are effective. But no one treatment will be a cure all for everyone. Each method has it's positive effects and negative effects.

I keep an open mind and listen to all of the latest finding both medical and antidotal. I am not trying to upset folks or stir up the pot. But I do believe in keeping an open mind.

Here is a website that has suggestions as to which foods can help fight cancer. I often pick foods to eat based on some of the information I read here. I find ways to incorporate them into my diet. https://www.facebook.com/TheEdenPrescription
Old 09-02-14, 02:33 PM  
rosepetals

Root canals have been found to leave a pocket of decaying matter and bacteria in the mouth. It has been linked to cancer and heart disease. I would rather pull a tooth than get a root canal. They say it is safer. Biological dentists are supposed to be an alternative type of dentist that can treat issues using healthier techniques.
Old 09-02-14, 03:11 PM  
TamiT

Wow, thanks for sharing rosepetals!
Old 09-02-14, 03:51 PM  
barreboxbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
When things work really well often they are hushed in the medical community. They would rather me spend $5000 a month on shots that increase the speed of my decline, than take a $200 patch that makes me feel better. That would only be one part of their treatment plan that would end up costing me several thousand more dollars.

There are many weird treatments that are effective. But no one treatment will be a cure all for everyone. Each method has it's positive effects and negative effects.

I keep an open mind and listen to all of the latest finding both medical and antidotal. I am not trying to upset folks or stir up the pot. But I do believe in keeping an open mind.
Rosepetals brings in an interesting counter-perspective. When analyzing conventional methods a few things must be taken into consideration. Most funding for medical research is awarded in the form of governmental grants. Governmental grants are very strict in what can and cannot be permitted. It is not an unknown occurrence for there to be bribes in order to secure these grants or for corrupt politicians to only fund things that are beneficial to them.

Further, most conventional medicine is in a for-profit industry based on capitalism. How much can you really trust a doctor when he/she profits from your prolonged illness? Finding a cure for something would likely be a short-term treatment with one to a few payments. However, weakening an immune system or prescribing drugs with lots of side effects leads to more and more profit.

I find it disturbing that, as of 2003, the FDA had banned 11 items from cosmetics while Europe banned 1,328 (Campaign for Safe Cosmetics). Some countries ban or eliminate antibiotics for use in farming while it is overwhelming in the US.

It's always good to thoroughly research the pros and cons of any method and be aware of any pitfalls and biases. Blind faith in anything is what's really dangerous. Advocating something purely for money, that's dangerous and unethical, but if it's being advocated because it has science behind it and has less side-effects, then it's not a bad thing.
Old 09-02-14, 03:56 PM  
rosepetals

I am glad that Teresa spoke up and shared. Her goal is probably to educated and let people know there are other options out there. It's not meant to make people angry or upset.

I do know my mom believes in using baking soda as one of her treatments. Who knows if she had of not of done it if she would still be alive. She did not have any medical intervention for her cancer other than a D&C which was part of the testing to see if she really had it.

For me, juicing, eating mostly raw foods, and avoiding processed foods is decreasing the MS symptoms. For me it works way better than drugs. The drugs increased the symptoms. In reality I think they made the disease progress faster than it should of. But in the beginning, I had faith that a shot and few handfuls of daily pills would help. Later I learned that in fact for me it had the opposite effect. I developed a tumor after my immune system was shut down from the meds. The meds suppress the immune system. When that happens cancers and tumors can grow unchecked. I almost died. Foods and juices, for me are the best medicine.

I am not trying to upset anyone. It's my hope that sharing her story will let others know there are more choices out there. One must always research and be aware no matter what choice they make, there is no guarantee of success. It's totally a personal decision. Always research, learn, grow, and empower yourself to make the right choice for you.
Old 09-02-14, 04:00 PM  
rosepetals

Yes, many things are approved in our foods, cosmetics, and medicines that are harmful. The whole history of herbology, homeopathics, and the evolution of the medical system is a good read. It opens your eyes to the corruption.

My Neurologists receives a good portion of his income from kickbacks from the medicines he prescribes. The shots cost $5000+ a month. A pill to help you with your muscle strength and nerve conduction $3000+. And on and on and on. They are rewarded for their sales of drugs to patients.

For me the best thing I did was to take charge of my body. I started consuming the most nutrient dense foods I could get. I do take a few herbs and supplements. But even the supplement industry is now corrupted. You have to be very careful. Foods can heal you or kill you. It depends on what you choose to consume.
Old 09-02-14, 04:02 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I have to chime in.

First, I really don't like when things from FB or instructor forums are shared here. I like not knowing.

Second, when my nephew was fighting cancer the only thing that did finally start working for him was natural herbs, Tumeric to be exact. Sadly, it was too late when he was set up with the protocol. His doctor told my sister that he read the reports and he strongly believed that it had strong merits, but they are not allowed to OK the treatments, because their hands are tied by the pharmaceutical companies.

We also have a close friend who was diagnosed with the same cancer. He was already at stage 3 when he was diagnosed. Fred Hutchinson stopped treating him. He ended going to Mexico and living there for 6 months and was receiving treatment, all natural. He was just told he is in remission by his doctor at FH.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Closed Thread

Tags
alternative medicine, facebook, t-tapp, teresa tapp