Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-14, 12:35 PM  
antbuko

Me too! Very glad to hear your baby is doing better, Linda.
Old 09-02-14, 08:46 PM  
kathcan

I also went to PT for months following a forceps birth and I can say that kegals work. I've read Katy Bowman and think some of what she says has a lot of merit, but in my case I needed to awaken the pelvic floor through kegals. I started with a zero on the meter (of 5) and now am a solid 3-4. My PT says that most women are 4, so I feel good.
I found many of the exercises in TA and other similar videos were contraindicated for the pelvic floor. For instance, crunches and oblique exercises place a lot of strain on the pelvic floor while you're rehabbing. Also, I love squats, but you must make sure you are very ready or else you could increase a prolapse if you have one (many women do immediately after birth.)
I second the Hab-it DVD. It is the most like my physical therapist (without the pelvic exams ;-) if you can, find a PT who specializes in the pelvic floor. Very worth it.
My PT had to keep reminding me that with time, I would be able to do all exercises again, even jump on a trampoline- but, I had to do the hard and boring work of rehabbing first.
Good luck!
kathcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pelvic floor, prolapse