Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-14, 01:18 AM  
yahoo205

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution vs P90X3 Comparison?

People that are doing/have done both, do you think one is better? If so, why? I'm trying to do JMBR but keep getting distracted. Thanks.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-14, 09:01 AM  
raeven

Thank you for posting this! I hope we get some good responses because I'm wondering the exact same thing! I'm in the middle of my p90x3 rotation and trying to figure out what to do after it. I'm loving it, and looking for something similar.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 07:59 PM  
raeven

Just wanted to bump this up in hopes for some opinions! I start block 3 of p90x3 next week so I have a month to figure out and get my next set, and I *think* I've settled on jmbr, but was hoping to see how anybody that had done both sets thought jmbr would compare. I'm thinking it would be a nice next step.
Old 03-11-14, 03:42 PM  
mercedes

Anyone?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 04:58 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I have done most of Phase 1 of JMBR and half of Phase 2 - I might have tried a Phase 3 workout, but I can't remember. I'm about halfway through a 90 day P90X3 rotation.

The variety of workouts in P90X3 is much better. I liked JMBR well enough - they seemed tough and I liked her demeanor, etc., but I got bored pretty quickly. I'm really enjoying P90X3 and I'm pretty certain I'll finish the rotation, which is saying a lot. The time flies by. I'm finding them very tough and I feel like I'm making some great strength gains (particularly core strength) and my flexibility is really improved.

I hope that helps!

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 05:18 PM  
Zenara25

I haven't done a rotation of either. Just gone through each workout once then moved on to the next. I'd agree with Gwynn that P90X3 has a wide variety of workouts and I really enjoy that core/balance work is throughout these. IMO I'd say Phase 1 of JMBR is easier than P90X3. And Phase 3 is harder. I've said this in other threads before, but there's only 3 cardio workouts in JMBR so if you're doing a rotation you're doing the same cardio 8 times per month. You might need other cardio to keep from getting bored.

This probably wasn't much help because I like variety and actually enjoyed both sets.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 08:53 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I've done a shortened rotation with JMBR. I hardly did JMBR cardio --- substitute with Cathe, etc. I worked 6 days/week, and include my own stretching/yoga on the 7th day. Phase 1 starts off easy... most VFers skip Phase 1 or do it during recovery week. Phase 2 is compound moves. Phase 3 balancing moves. Of course Phase 3 is the hardest, but I enjoyed it. I use heaviest weight in Phase 1, and least weight in Phase 3.

I'm on my second week of P90X3. I did Lean rotation for 1st week, and now Classic Rotation for the 2nd week. I do not work 7 days/week, so I'm tweaking. I'll stay with either Lean/Classic Rotation for the rest of the program (whichever I prefer). I'm thinking of shortening the blocks (phase)...

I feel that P90X3 is a continuation of JMBR. JMBR left off with balancing moves, and Tony continues with balancing moves... All the disks I've used so far have some sort of planks, one-legged, balances, etc. As with Phase 3 JMBR, this is not a heavy weight program, but you do work hard.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 04:10 PM  
raeven

Thank you for your opinions! I caught JMBR marked down on amazon last weekend for $69 so I went ahead and ordered before it went back up! I haven't previewed any workouts yet, just flipped through the materials. I have three weeks left of p90x3...then a week or two off to chill...then starting jillian's set. I can't wait!
Old 04-07-14, 05:24 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

You will find that JMBR Phase 1 will be easy. I used heavy weights when they were doing unweighted moves. I also shortened the phase because it was too easy...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 10:44 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
You will find that JMBR Phase 1 will be easy. I used heavy weights when they were doing unweighted moves. I also shortened the phase because it was too easy...
I can live with easier. Hopefully not too too easy though. I do have to modify a bit in p90x3. I still have roughly 80lbs to lose, so it's a bit tough for me. I just modify as needed and trudge along. As long as I keep losing, I get to break from tony! I've enjoyed this rotation, but anxious for something new. Jmbr seemed about the most similar as I could find, and I've been curious about it since it came out. Seems a lot of people sub the cardio. Thankfully that would be easy if I don't like Jillian's!

Tags
body revolution, fat loss, jillian michaels, jmbr, p90x3