Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-14, 11:07 AM  
yahoo205

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Tips and Results?

I'm thinking of doing JMBR with TA Continuity (with some Kundalini hopefully 1 or 2x per week).

What weights do most people use? I feel like I could go heavier but I just did 1 wo of phase 1. Are phase 2 and 3 more combined moves so it is harder to go heavier? I'm wondering if I should preemptively get heavier weights. I have up to 12 pounds. I wound up being able to lift pretty heavy after finishing Rachel Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes last year.

Also, could people share tips and experiences (positive and negative)? It seems like people had good results with this.

Thanks.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 11:20 AM  
horusosiris

The way that JMBR is structured with many compound moves, it is very difficult to go heavy (heavy of course is relative and related to ones general strength). I do not think that anyone in JMBR used over 8lbs (maybe 10lbs). I do not consider JMBR a "heavy" weight workout. I also did DTDS and I consider that more of a moderate set of weight workouts. If the heaviest weight you used with DTDS was 12 lbs, you should be fine with that for JMBR.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 12:08 PM  
dnna

i just started my 3rd round of JMBR. Both times previously, I could not do levels 11 and 12. I just could not do -like a triple compound move without fear.
I always add a 15-30 minute cardio warmup. for today I added Emily's Zip trainer warmup that came in at 15 minutes.
I restarted at level 1. i do my own cardio.
I don't really worry about heavy up the weights. I consider this my cardio, heart conditioning rotation, and to lean out.
My goal is to be fit and conditioned enough to start Cathe STS.
Good Luck, see you at the finish line.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 12:28 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did go heavy in 1st phase. Ex -- Squats w/ 20 lb. In the wo, squat is only bodyweight squat (no weight), but said if you are a badd a$$, you can add weight or jump or both. So phase 1 for me is adding heavier weight.

Phase 2 is compound moves -- I add less weight than Phase 1. Phase 3 is challenging -- balance work. I only go up to 12lb in Phase 3.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 02:43 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I think you will be fine with the weights that you have. I only did each wo in Phase 1 one time each since they were easier. So I think of Phase 1 as recovery weeks. I did not follow Jillian's rotation. I made up one that is similar to what you want to do. For cardio, I only did each of the Phase cardios one time too. That's because I cross-trained with other cardio wos, e.g. TA's Meta/Continuity cardio, Zumba, run, kickbox, etc.

Here's the rotation that I did:
Monday: TA's Continuity sculpting wo and cardio, short relaxing stretch

Tuesday: Jillian's wo that emphasizes the front muscles - chest, triceps, shoulders, abs, and quads plus yoga

Wednesday: Same as Monday

Thursday: Jillian's wo that emphasizes the backside muscles - back, biceps, abs, and hamstrings and yoga wo

Friday: Same as Monday

Saturday: Longer weight circuit and yoga

Sunday: rest

For yoga, I usually did UY or Buti. I wrote it down so that you have an idea where you want to do your Kundalini yoga.
Old 01-30-14, 10:45 AM  
yahoo205

So far I have only done weeks 1 and 2. I know phase 2 and 3 get a lot harder but so far I love it. It has no dread factor and no wasted time in the workout. No one can say they don't have 30 mins. I actually like Phase 1 for weeks when I'm really busy and drained by work but still want to do something.

I never mind Jillian's style. I don't why I care but I really like Jillian's bright set. I really don't like dark sets.

Anyone else care to share results?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 09:37 PM  
Candiceena

I dont have any results to share but will be starting this program in April (currently working on a 2-Month FIRM rotation that I just started). I am glad to see such positive results & hope people continue to share their experiences, thoughts, and results.
Old 02-01-14, 12:07 AM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
I'm thinking of doing JMBR with TA Continuity (with some Kundalini hopefully 1 or 2x per week).

What weights do most people use? I feel like I could go heavier but I just did 1 wo of phase 1. Are phase 2 and 3 more combined moves so it is harder to go heavier? I'm wondering if I should preemptively get heavier weights. I have up to 12 pounds. I wound up being able to lift pretty heavy after finishing Rachel Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes last year.

Also, could people share tips and experiences (positive and negative)? It seems like people had good results with this.

Thanks.
I did the program over 60 days using 8 lb. weights as my heaviest. I lotsa clothing size without food restriction. I loved Phase 2. Phase 1 was too easy.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body revolution, fat loss, jillian michaels, jillian rotation, jmbr