Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-13, 02:51 PM  
edensmom

If I had to choose between the DB series and BTM I'd go with Dream Body.

Personally I find that Tonique has a much higher cardio effect than DB, but DB provides a much more balanced total body workout. I don't get bored during Tonique, but the DB workouts provide much more variety with all the different workouts in the set, as well as within each workout itself (variety of moves.)

HTH!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 06:02 PM  
novadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
What is DM?

Nathalie

whoops! I meant DB
novadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 06:59 PM  
lisarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadancer View Post
interesting... I actually think DB is way harder than BTM. I'm a former dancer so my legs can handle endless squats/lunges but DB has a much higher cardio level imo. I also have seen immediate results with DB (body fat is decreasing/inch loss) while I didn't have much besides toning with any of the toniques. But every body is different! But for the record, I am 43 and gained 10 lbs upon turning 40 and DB is the only thing in the last 3 years that has shown any results (TA, tonique, slim training, etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
If I had to choose between the DB series and BTM I'd go with Dream Body.

Personally I find that Tonique has a much higher cardio effect than DB, but DB provides a much more balanced total body workout. I don't get bored during Tonique, but the DB workouts provide much more variety with all the different workouts in the set, as well as within each workout itself (variety of moves.)

HTH!
Agree! I vote DreamBody over Tonique. Although I haven't tried BTM but did try premier & #2 & mat. For Dreambody I tried the original and I want the new set (in spite of the expense). I am in the minority here as I don't feel the Tonique love. I feel that DreamBody has more variety, is more challenging, and the instruction & instructor's form is better. Maybe it's because of my background ( I'm a fitness instructor with a kinesiology degree) but I "get" what they're trying to do & recognize the exercises. With Sylwia, even watching the BTM clips, I can't figure out what she's doing part of the time - was that a push up because her hips were sagging? In doing her dvds I always felt like she was making moves up as she went along. And I feel her form is loose & she uses momentum - i often feel she hyperextends her low back for example. That's my opinion for what it's worth!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 09:10 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarah View Post
I feel that DreamBody has more variety, is more challenging, and the instruction & instructor's form is better. Maybe it's because of my background ( I'm a fitness instructor with a kinesiology degree) but I "get" what they're trying to do & recognize the exercises. With Sylwia, even watching the BTM clips, I can't figure out what she's doing part of the time - was that a push up because her hips were sagging? In doing her dvds I always felt like she was making moves up as she went along. And I feel her form is loose & she uses momentum - i often feel she hyperextends her low back for example. That's my opinion for what it's worth!
This is what I partly felt when looking at the clips that are available and why I was hesitating to get Tonique. Also, I wasn't sure if it worked the upper body enough!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 10:05 AM  
ChrisS

I would also get the DB set over Tonique. I have both and get more use out of DB. Love, love this series and can't wait to see what they put out next!
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
born to move, dream body, dream body fusion, tonique