Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-12, 04:21 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotcat View Post
Good luck! I too have lots of T-TAPP dvds but I have only done BWO+ sporadically. I also adore CS/Essentrics and have tons of DVDs....

How long are you planning to do this rotation? I would love to join you in your experiment but I'm struggling with being consistent with working out.

Good luck, again!
It would be fun to have a buddy! You should join me! I have trouble with consistency too. Especially days like today where I oversleep and miss my workout time. If I hadn't publicly committed to this I'd probably just skip today, lol.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 04:34 PM  
flowerpotcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
It would be fun to have a buddy! You should join me! I have trouble with consistency too. Especially days like today where I oversleep and miss my workout time. If I hadn't publicly committed to this I'd probably just skip today, lol.
Oh, my! I'm so like that. I am transitioning to AM workouts but I have trouble getting up in the AM and I have trouble working out in the PM as I have a hungry mouth to feed.

Ok, I think I'll join you in this experiment. Maybe this will help me get out of my workout funk! *cross fingers*
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 05:08 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotcat View Post
Oh, my! I'm so like that. I am transitioning to AM workouts but I have trouble getting up in the AM and I have trouble working out in the PM as I have a hungry mouth to feed.

Ok, I think I'll join you in this experiment. Maybe this will help me get out of my workout funk! *cross fingers*
Woo-hoo! I've got someone along for the ride..now I REALLY can't quit!

Day 2:
BWO+ (Basic Workout Plus)
...and that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll probably do a T-Tapp/CS combo.
Old 08-17-12, 05:48 PM  
flowerpotcat

Yay! I hope this will help me become consistent!

Day 1:
I did BWO+ and I added CS 808 (just the standing portion). I'm pooped!
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 06:17 AM  
TamiT

Thanks for starting this thread! Due to long hours at work plus hour long drive time commute, I've been slacking on exercise and eating too much fast food. Ever since menopause entered into my life this year it's been SO hard keeping my weight down and my energy up.

So, I'd love to join you. I'll dust off some of my older Tapp workouts, but also use my new Mindful Movement for Healthy Hormone, Thyroid and Menopause Mgmt DVD that I got last week.

I love swimming and my co-op has a great pool so I'm going to rotate some laps into the mix along with walking.

Ok... off to take a hot shower, drink some coffee and DO Basic Plus!
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 09:05 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiT View Post
Thanks for starting this thread! Due to long hours at work plus hour long drive time commute, I've been slacking on exercise and eating too much fast food. Ever since menopause entered into my life this year it's been SO hard keeping my weight down and my energy up.

So, I'd love to join you. I'll dust off some of my older Tapp workouts, but also use my new Mindful Movement for Healthy Hormone, Thyroid and Menopause Mgmt DVD that I got last week.

I love swimming and my co-op has a great pool so I'm going to rotate some laps into the mix along with walking.

Ok... off to take a hot shower, drink some coffee and DO Basic Plus!
Yay, Tami T! Another one joins the T-Tapp party train!

And I'm really, really interested in that Mindful Movement for Healthy Hormones dvds. Please let me know what you think of it and if I need it if I already have an extensive T-Tapp collection. I need all the help with my hormonal balance I can get! (I'm only 35 but am already outta whack, I think.) That said, I think T-Tapp is very good for balancing hormones. Yesterday I was in a really crabby mood until I did BWO+ and miraculously afterward I felt MUCH better. Amazing. (Yes, you could argue that maybe any workout would have lifted my spirits at that point. I was in a really horrible mood!)

And flowerpotcat, way to go! Don't you feel better now?? Hoping both of us get back on track with this challenge!
Old 08-18-12, 09:05 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Day 3:
Total Workout, first 31 minutes (kids woke up at that point!)

...hoping to do some CS later today. Will update this post if I manage to fit more in today!
Old 08-18-12, 10:27 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
Yay, Tami T! Another one joins the T-Tapp party train!

And I'm really, really interested in that Mindful Movement for Healthy Hormones dvds. Please let me know what you think of it and if I need it if I already have an extensive T-Tapp collection. I need all the help with my hormonal balance I can get! (I'm only 35 but am already outta whack, I think.) That said, I think T-Tapp is very good for balancing hormones. Yesterday I was in a really crabby mood until I did BWO+ and miraculously afterward I felt MUCH better. Amazing. (Yes, you could argue that maybe any workout would have lifted my spirits at that point. I was in a really horrible mood!)

And flowerpotcat, way to go! Don't you feel better now?? Hoping both of us get back on track with this challenge!
Blessed Mom--I absolutely LOVE the mindful movement dvd. It has a 40 min instructional and a 27 min workout. This workout creates muscle activation and teaches form like nothing Teresa has done before. She outdoes Broom, MORE, AND Barefoot in this one.

In the 27 min workout, at the end, she has us use a towel for twist and oil wells. I've NEVER felt along the spin between the shoulder blades like this before. It's short enough that I can add on something afterwards and long enough that I still feel that I've worked my muscles for the day.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 04:53 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Thank you for the rundown, Demeris, now I know I have to get this one. It's definitely on the short list for future purchase. I think I've got the 30% coupon still in my Fit & Fab book, wonder if I can use it on this workout. Hmm. I may have to finally get around to sending it in!

Three comments about my experiment so far:
1. I'm starving. I'm eating all the time.
2. I felt really puffy and bloated yesterday. Might be hormones. Just interesting timing. Today I don't feel that way though.
3. I noticed today that my favorite pants look baggy. Hmm. After three days? Dunno but I'll take it!

I'll measure at the 7 day mark to see if these things are adding up to inch loss or not. I will say that my joints (including those pesky knees) feel great so far with this regimen. <cheer>
Old 08-19-12, 06:53 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Day 4:
BWO+
Essentrics Strength in Motion full body workout

Tags
biggest change, biggest difference, pretzel, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp results, teresa tapp