Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-06, 05:50 PM  
lissalaurel76

No. I have Island Paradise (or something similar to that name) that is sort of on a beach with a hut in the background. I have the XBox version. I don't have what the clips on the McDonald's site show, though. The flooring is different on the clips & the background is slightly different, but similar.
Old 04-27-06, 11:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Ok, I went to another McD's AGAIN! Salad was just as good as the one I had yesterday. Even though they were promoting the Yoga this week, I asked the manager if I could have the next one in the series (since they were apparently shipped together) she told me. I explained that I'd already gotten the yoga workout the day before. So, now I have both the Yoga and Cardio DVDs! Still haven't done either yet, since we've had company all week long.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 08:32 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I had the salad last night and loved it. Nobody knew how to ring it up, and she gave me the strength DVD. I asked for Yoga and she found one. I havent looked at it yet, tho.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 08:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm going to McD's today for lunch, finally! I also heard an ad for the salad on the radio for the first time today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 11:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Finally got my salad! When I walked in, there was a huge sign advertising the special, but still, the girl who served me had to turn to her manager and ask what a "go active" happy meal was. However, the manager knew, and she immediately asked me if I wanted grilled or crispy chicken (didn't someone say they no longer offered grilled) and whether I wanted almonds (they do come on a side). You have a choice of a bottled water or medium/large drink (don't know if there is a price difference). The cost (with med drink, which they forgot to give me!) was about $5.75.

The DVDs were in a boxed tacked up right under where they get the food from. They only had the yoga one, which was good because that's the one I wanted! I'm previewing it now. I think it actually includes SIX workouts: first, you choose whether you want to have an easier versus a difficult day, then you choose you focus, which in this case is stress relief, balance, or strength. I chose difficult-balance, and so far, it looks like a nice little 17-minute program: Maya starts with sun salutations, moves into a warrior series, then does a series of balance postures including warrior 3, dancer, and tree. She moves quite slowly, holding the poses for some length, and it's a pretty "outdoor" scene. It's a nice little freebie, and it was definitely worth getting the salad for this (the salad was also very good, and I didn't even use all of the dressing, which is quite unlike me!).

In conclusion, I just want to say that I applaud ANY restaurant which makes an effort to offer healthier food choices and to encourage exercise.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 01:27 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T
I had the salad last night and loved it. Nobody knew how to ring it up, and she gave me the strength DVD. I asked for Yoga and she found one. I havent looked at it yet, tho.
peggy,

did you get both the strength and yoga? curious about the strength one.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 01:54 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm sorry, but the digital instructors don't tempt me at all, so it's no Mickey D's for me. (Also too tempted by the fries!!)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 02:42 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Well, if McDonald´s does to yoga what it does to food I´m very, very afraid.

Anyway, that company´s over-all standards don´t warrent a try for this in my opinion. (Hope that doesn´t violate guidelines, but I don´t think it does). Since I´m currrently alive and well in Argentina, I may never know.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 02:48 PM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

Possibly the new standard for measuring the level of one's addiction will be whether or not one is willing to eat fast food in order to obtain the object of the addiction.

Old 04-28-06, 03:05 PM  
H_Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00
lissalaurel76 - Go to this page and scroll down close to the bottom of the page:http://www.yourselffitness.com/yours...ig-deeper.aspx

I don't have anything titled "The Beach" on my game. Do you?
Hi, I have the game too and I have unlocked all the locations and none of them were "The Beach." I think I'd like that setting the best if we actually had it! Maybe it will be in the new version.

Heather
H_Lo is offline   Reply With Quote