Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-22, 09:01 PM  
Helen

Thanks Vannie - ugh - so do I. Could be C-19 after all though, as Bridget's PCR came back last night (POS) so rules are that I must be tested today (done, this morning). Result probably not until tomorrow evening. Maybe my neg was because I was just tested too early????? Bridget has NO symptoms (double vaxxed with Astra Zeneca) and I'm double + booster (Pfizer).

Monday: managed
Tony Horton - P90 Masters - Upper Middle Lower
in between the day's top/tail of yoga
also cleared out my sewing area - today will be putting it back & doing the ironing/mending that was in amongst it, as I go.

Will be doing Imax Extreme (in modest chunks) throughout the day.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 10:06 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, sorry Bridget tested positive. Hopefully it will be a mild case. And hopefully you're negative.

Today I did day 1 of Kassandra's new yoga and meditation challenge, day 4 of Yoga With Bird and Qi Gong, and PT stuff: hamstrings with Caroline Jordan, plyo calves from Aztec Athletics, bulletproof knees from GuerillaZen, and piriformis with Helen Clare. I ran out of time for the main workout!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 06:19 PM  
Helen

Thanks Vannie - Bridget has NO symptoms, and my test WAS negative! So our isolating/ventilation/distancing is working so far - lucky it's warm - first thing every morning is to open ALL the windows.

I hear you with running out of time for the "main workout" - familiar with that scenario.

Tuesday, 11th
Day 09 for both Tim (morning) and Adriene (evening) 30 Day Yoga Challenges. Going well - Alice is becoming familiar with their dogs.
Cathe - Intensity Series - The Terminator - Imax Extreme
done in parts throughout the day as I said I would, and it worked a treat! Was able to put more effort into each section than the recent (sad) attempt. Shall do the same for The Viper & The Gauntlet during this week - I'm quite chuffed about the success of the strategy.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-12-22, 12:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Yeah, Helen! This a great time to be negative!

Today after lunch I shoveled packed snow (from last week) for 45 minutes. It was 40 degrees and felt so awesome I just had to go for a run after I finished. I was excited to go and even though I know it wasn't smart, I didn't do any warmup bc I knew I would lose the oomph so I just changed clothes and went for wk1 day1 of the 10k trainer, which was 8x :60 run/:90 walk with 5 min warmup and cooldown walks, so 2.15 mi. Then I did Yoga for Runners post-run practice before I took Cyric for his second walk. Felt so good to run, even though it was just 8 one-minute intervals!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-12-22, 06:47 PM  
Helen

Wednesday, the 12th
37min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - day 10
2 hours, dog walk
13min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 10 Sun Salutations
It was a quiet kind of day.

VANNIE
The joy you felt comes through!
I've been in the snow once, though it never snowed whilst we were there, and I've neve had to shovel it - but I have shoveled! Dealing with packed snow sounds like the famed Shovel Max workout ! and then to add on the run? Hoot!! The 10k trainer looks very similar to the C25k, whereas the latter starts with 6x 60run, 90 walk instead of the 8.

When I do C25k, I almost invariably do 2 back-to-back. You might want to consider that idea in your 10k training. There are many sets of MP3s for both the 5 & 10k. Do you use any of those?

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-15-22, 12:10 AM  
Helen

Thursday & Friday
MOSTLY just did computer work. Got an email listing 15 online mandatory courses to be completed prior to returning at the end of Jan. All 1-2 hours long, some up to 4 hours. Things like Code of Conduct, Analphylaxis, Child Protection, Corruption, Cyber Security, ...

They are ALL FINISHED - wanted to get them out of the way before the weekend.

Saturday - very humid all day - massive storm blew through in the late afternoon, so kept it 'light' due to that humidity
43min Shaun Thompson - Rockin' Body - Shaun T's Dance Party
30min dog walk - right afterwards, to get it in before the storm.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-16-22, 10:30 AM  
buffmama

I managed to add MrandMrsMuscle back in today. I'd like to think I can do that more regularly but that might not be realistic at the moment. Haven't even gotten my usual dose of yin in. . My centering (one leg is longer than the other) seems to be improving and some of the pilates moves seem better executed. No small feat.
Old 01-16-22, 07:50 PM  
SandyO

I tried two shorter NourishMoveLove videos (dynamic stretching, and yoga). The content was good, but I gave the workouts a comment of "fast talker, frenetic." which isn't good for those types of workouts, but I am going to give her another chance by trying her weight workouts.

Seven days of Dansique Fitness and not a bad one in the bunch. I will definitely do more of hers. I did coincidentally seven of hers in Aug-Sept 2020 giving them each positive comments, but I didn't continue with her. Looking back at my logs I remember this was right after I pulled my right butt muscle on the track. I continued doing other pilates and yoga with other instructors, so I don't know why I quit her. Oh, well, I found her again. That's what matters.
Old 01-16-22, 08:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Wednesday, the 12th
37min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - day 10
2 hours, dog walk
13min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 10 Sun Salutations
It was a quiet kind of day.

VANNIE
The joy you felt comes through!
I've been in the snow once, though it never snowed whilst we were there, and I've neve had to shovel it - but I have shoveled! Dealing with packed snow sounds like the famed Shovel Max workout ! and then to add on the run? Hoot!! The 10k trainer looks very similar to the C25k, whereas the latter starts with 6x 60run, 90 walk instead of the 8.

When I do C25k, I almost invariably do 2 back-to-back. You might want to consider that idea in your 10k training. There are many sets of MP3s for both the 5 & 10k. Do you use any of those?
I really did feel joy and it felt so good! I use the Zen Labs 10k trainer and the Zombies Run apps when I run. The 10k trainer builds you up over 14 weeks. I've used it so many times and think it's generally a good progression. What are the mp3s you use?

Today I spent over an hour putting away all the Halloween stuff. The tubs were all packed before I went to AZ in November but I hadn't played Tetris getting everything back in the closet. Nice to have that done. The basement looks so much bigger!

Old 01-16-22, 08:52 PM  
Helen

VANNIE
Years ago (2011 !) did a post including links to all the C25k MP3s I knew of - with general descriptions. Hope you find it useful.

Podrunner also has 8K and 10k training sets - the links are included on that post.
I clicked on all the links in that post and some now give 404, but most are still there.

>> post with links <<

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.