Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-22, 08:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija is feeling better and going back to school today. Her signs are nowhere as bad as what Paula is describing for her DH. I'm planning on walking Gus this morning then going to meet my financial advisor (10 am). I may stop at Trader Joe's out there as that's pretty close to his office. Either that or walking Gus afterwards when we have lots more time.

Laura, what did you do in your crockpot? I do pork tenderloin and chili, but need to expand the possibilities from that crockpot. My current wardrobe is pretty ratty and holy (getting new sweats in the mail this week!) so not good church wear even with holes .

Paula, sorry but DH sounds really bad . Is it possible to get the meds they've developed for this virus?

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 03:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a little warmer here than the past couple of days. We had a cold start this morning (for us) and Polly slept in. She seems to have an innate ability to know in general how cold it is outside, even when she's inside. This afternoon, I took DH to a medical appointment and went to the chiropractor. It had been a couple of weeks and I needed the adjustment.

Paula - I'm sorry your DH is feeling so bad. It's a shame that you have to wait so long for the results of the COVID test. It seems like an earlier answer would let them make decisions about what to prescribe him.

Anita - I made a dish called Santa Fe Chicken. It's pretty easy. Hope the visit with the financial advisor went well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:54 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was some stretching.

DH is still ill and we're both ready to be seeing some small glimmer of improvement but it isn't happening. He sent an email to his doctor this evening, so we'll see if she answers him tomorrow.
I hope she'll prescribe something I can pick up for him.

Anita, so glad Adelija is feeling better and is going back to her normal day. Back when I was eating meat I made a chicken tortilla casserole in the crockpot that was popular. I made it for parties and work gatherings and it was always gone to the last crumb. You layer corn tortillas, chicken breats, cheese and your favorite salsa. I think I may have thrown in corn and black beans sometimes. I can't remember how long I cooked it to be sure the chicken was cooked through. The thing is, it was easy and as I said it was really good. Yeah, I hope we can get some meds for DH. From what I've heard the most effective ones are in short supply and kept for the patients in the hosptial but don't need ICU yet.

Laura, Is your Santa Fe Chicken similar to what I used to make? Glad the weather is nicer. Perhaps Polly has lived outside for so long she probably just prefers to be inside.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 09:15 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing some Carcassonne, walking Gus with my friends at a park (lovely warm weather here! ), and taking Adelija and two of her friends to an ice castle this evening. I'll be making pizza for them for dinner before they head out (just frozen pizza).

Laura, glad you're feeling better after your adjustment. Any decision yet what you'll do with your short leg? Have you gotten new insoles? Thanks for your recipe - might try that some day . All went well with the financial advisor - I see him every 6 months - this was a routine visit. I'm glad Polly is comfy feeling cozy in your house .

Paula, I hope you're able to get that new drug helping Covid patients! I'm a bit nervous about chicken as a roast chicken I picked up this week was a bit underdone - tossed it .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-13-22, 04:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has been a lazy-ish day. I have done some around the house, cooking something for lunch and doing a load of laundry. But it has also involved a lot of hanging out as well.

Paula - The Santa Fe chicken doesn't have any tortillas or cheese in it. Sometimes, I add some cheese when I have leftovers. You mix chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, corn, and some spices and lay chicken breasts on top. After enough time, you take out the chicken breasts and shred them and then put them back in and let it cook a bit longer. Yours sounds really good. It would kill DH with the cheese, but I'd enjoy it.

Anita - I got inserts for my shoes back in December. Both have a pad built in on the bottom around the ball of the foot to help keep the toes straighter and the left insert has a lift built in. My back is much better than it was. The only thing is that the doctor took me off the anti-inflammatory I was on for years and the resulting stiffness and swelling still bothers my lower back. I'm gathering data for my next appointment at the rheumatologist.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 09:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout for me today. I was tired, only left the house to get the mail.

Last night was bad - DH was really sick. But today it feels as though he's turned a corner - no severe coughing fits, no chills/shaking, temp coming down. He even got some input from his doc online. He slept much of the day in his recliner. If this holds throughout the night I'll be feeling better about things. Fingers crossed things will continue to improve. This is day 7, from what I've heard/read many people start feeling better at this point - takes about 12 days total to feel back to normal. What comes next, if it follows pattern, is fuzzy headedness and fatigue. I'm OK with that as long as his fever keeps coming down. So far I don't have any symptoms. Oh and we still don't have the result of his COVID test.

Anita, now that you mention it, I think I used cooked shredded chicken in that dish so the crockpot just warmed it through, infused it with the salsa flavor and melted the cheese. No we haven't been able to get anything special for DH drug wise. For one thing we don't have the result of the COVID test yet so we don't actually know this is Omnicron. His doc told him to take 600 mg of ibprofren three times a day and if he has another severe chills/shaking attack to go to the ER. Well he hasn't had one today - although he had a bad one about 3am last night which is why I was tired all day.

Laura, your Santa Fe chicken sounds similar to the dish I made. You could easily leave out the cheese and it would still be good. Sorry your rheumatitis is bothering you. Hopefully your doctor will find a prescription that will work for you long term. Does cold make it worse?
Old 01-14-22, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Last night we had a power outage and today I can’t get my computer started . Luckily I have the new iPad to use here - hope I can get it going again. The ice castle yesterday was fun - nice buildup of ice and fun slides within.

Today I’ll be working at the WRC and walking Gus. We’re having snow coming down, but hard to predict if we’ll have a few inches or a foot - it’s a narrow streak of snow storm, but we’re supposed to be on the edge.

Laura, I love lazyish days .

Paula, I truly hope DH is past the worst of this Covid virus and is recovering.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-14-22, 09:28 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout for me today. Too tired. DH did have high temp, chills and sweats in the night. I took him to the ER today. Long story short they tested him for everything likely and some unlikely and all tests were negative. They also gave him a rapid COVID test which was also negative. They had him for close to five hours and nothing was found. They even did a through ultrasound of his core They decided from the description of the symptoms that the infection was bacterial, not viral. They released him with with prescriptions for two antibiotics that he must take every 12 hours for ten days. DH said right before they released him they took about ten vials of blood which they said they were going to send to other labs to test for "exotics".

Upside is we know it’s not COVID or anything contagious so we don’t have to social distance and wear masks at home any longer, which is a relief. He can go out if he feels up to it without worry about spreading something. Last but not least, hopefully the prescriptions will speed up recovery. I'm still going to sleep in the back bedroom until the thrashing around and night sweats are over.

Anita, did you slide down the slides in the ice castle or was that just for children. I seen pictures of those ice castles and they are so impressive. Think I'd enjoy seeing one for real. Thanks for your good thoughts. I was surprised when DH's saliva test for COVID came back negative but the test they did today was negative too. In any event, I'm hoping the antibiotics will do their magic and he'll start feeling better quickly.
Old 01-15-22, 09:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on a short walk with Gus - another cold day in single digits! Brrrrr! Otherwise planning on a seminar online from the WRC this afternoon for training. Adelija will be doing some volunteering at Flying Pig, which is a local resale shop, and going to a basketball game at our local university this evening - I think the players are from her high school and another school. Yay! I got my old computer restarted finally! Kind of makes me want to finish transferring everything to iCloud so it's preserved when this passes for real.

Paula, glad that DH doesn't have COVID, but it's still so borderline severe that I would hope an ER room or equivalent these days would be available for him if he needs that level of care - hope the antibiotics work fast! I did the adult slide at the ice castle - they had plastic mats to sit on for that. There was a short kid slide I could do on my butt, but I passed on that. They embedded lots of lights in the ice over the slide so it was a rainbow to slide through!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-15-22, 10:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Asking some questions from lurkdom again, as I sometimes do! Anita, where is the ice castle? That sounds really neat. Sometimes we have been up in Ely for their winter celebration and I love seeing the sculptures. Also, when you talk about playing games online with friends, how does that work? A friend moved to Philly last year and playing games like you do sounds fun. Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote