Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-22, 02:35 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Once my 6 mo subscription runs out in Feb, I think I'll do the same.
I don't seem to use it like I always thing I'm going to, cause between YouTube, my Peloton, my old dvds and paper workouts I have or find for free, I have more than enough to do.
Where is a good place to find paper workouts?
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 05:17 PM  
rhbrand

I have found a lot by just Googling.

Like 5x5, Stronglifts, all those I just used good old Google.

I have also bought workouts, via books or on someone's site.
Old 01-04-22, 01:59 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I have found a lot by just Googling.

Like 5x5, Stronglifts, all those I just used good old Google.

I have also bought workouts, via books or on someone's site.
Thanks!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 04:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

40-4-40

I just did her first workout of the New Year (40 minutes for Over 40) strength training workout and loved everything about it. I also liked the slower pace, heavier lifting and minimal talking (except for having a voice over of form pointers at the start.) She's really great, with demoing each exercise beforehand and being encouraging with non-verbal cues. I like how meditative (non-intrusive) a workout like this can be and it's wonderful to have an instructor like this on YouTube.

She also offers shorter beginner workouts, as well as shorter advanced workouts.

After previewing, I subscribed immediately without reservation.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 06:23 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I just did her first workout of the New Year (40 minutes for Over 40) strength training workout and loved everything about it. I also liked the slower pace, heavier lifting and minimal talking (except for having a voice over of form pointers at the start.) She's really great, with demoing each exercise beforehand and being encouraging with non-verbal cues. I like how meditative (non-intrusive) a workout like this can be and it's wonderful to have an instructor like this on YouTube.

She also offers shorter beginner workouts, as well as shorter advanced workouts.

After previewing, I subscribed immediately without reservation.
I just did this workout today. I really like her and the slow method of lifting so I can go heavier. I'm going to try to do her 6 week plan, but I'll be a workout behind since I didn't start it on time. And does anyone else think she looks like Molly Shannon?
Old 01-04-22, 07:57 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks! Her workouts look really good. I noticed that she lists the exercises and gives extra tips below the video. I love it when they list the exercises in the description, because it helps me decide if it is something I'll want to do.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 03:20 AM  
Elsie

Haaha, no I didn't see the resemblance to Molly Shannon, but really like both!
I'm on Day two of her current over-40 program. I started with Cee following (but not exactly, I took longer!) The plateau-buster splits program which was faster paced (going from exercise to exercise with most of the focus on eccentric lift). So far, it feels like this 40-4-40 is more suitable to me. She is encouraging us to mainly lift moderately at this point in the program for longevity. I may go back to that splits program later however. Everything about her approach is strong and serene, which jives well with me right now. I also really, really love how she includes some different lifts to me which are there for a purpose and not just to *look* novel.
My only nitpick in the past has been some of the music, but I'm very critical of any music that has been released since 2003!! Lol.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 10:07 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I’ll add my thanks for Lift with Cee! I just did the first 40 4 40 today and it was AWESOME! I love the pace, her cheerfulness and the series of exercises. I was able to keep up and ending feeling great! :-)

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 02:33 AM  
fatkat555

Great find! I subscribed

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 10:43 AM  
momofcha

Agreed. Thank you for who posted about her. This is just what I was looking for. A no nonsense strength workout that leaves me wanting more, but definitely feel like I lifted to failure and hit all the muscle groups.

Thank you!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength