Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-25-21, 10:33 AM  
donnamp

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Yesterday I did an add on of Annie Pilates PT - Piriformis Exercises w/ the resistance band. I did a short Man Flow Yoga for Spinal Decompression and I walked my doggie. It was very very mild outside yesterday. I also realize I need to make time for outdoor walks no matter the weather, working from home I get so little activity!

I plan to do some yoga today and another dog walk. My back is improving but I still need to be cautious.

Pat - LOL on your pumpkin bread fail!! I have had things like that happen to me, too. Thanks for the reminder of Jane Adams - she may be in the rotation for today!

Pam - yes, I can do c-curve in Essentrics but not in Pilates/floorwork!

Summer Breeze - I hope you have a great day w/ your family. Our church cancelled Xmas Eve services as well - in fact, I think "in person" is on hold indefinitely once again.

Waves, Diane!

Maybe 2022 will put an end to this!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Donna, I sure hope 2022 puts an end to this, too. Or at least help us to find some equilibrium with the new normal.

I forgot to add, I also went to the gym yesterday for 15/15/15 of treadmill/recumbent/elliptical. It helped improve my mood a lot!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 09:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Boxing Day! It is also St. Stephen's Day in Ireland. Yesterday featured:

~ High Desert Yogi, Evening Yoga Stretch with Christmas Music
~ 3,409 steps

Hope everyone is well!
Old 12-26-21, 11:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Jessica's new walk & talk - this is the one she recently posted. She breaks up a bit talking about Peanut and I admit it was a tear jerker for me as well. Both identifying with her loss of a beloved pet and also this holiday season was strangely more emotionally charged for me than last year. I think I'm at a cross roads of sort in life - nothing tragic - just the normal stuff of growing older and having family dynamics shift. But it does take some getting used to and has its moments of mourning the "losses" / changes and trying to plan for a new and different future. I know this is way too heavy for the day after Xmas! LOL! But that is about where I'm in life right now.

Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Core Strengthening practice. This was a good one for me to do as I continue to baby my back.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 12-26-21, 07:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

We are literally snowed in, lol.
The last time we had a significant amount of snow was three years ago. We have DS1, DIL, her dad, & the girls with us. The girls are ecstatic of course.

Yesterday we all went for a walk & the girls did some tobogganing down our street. We came home to a power failure and of course Christmas dinner cooking was in full swing. DS started our generator which runs a few outlets, lights, the furnace, & the fridge. We were in major improvise mode when it finally came back on. It was fun though, we all had a good laugh. The feast was delicious!
Aside from our family walk, I managed a yin stretch at bedtime.

Boxing Day workouts:
~20 min rebounding + 20 min gliding + 15 min rowing
~Standing Warrior Flow Yoga (Yoga Upload YT)

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 06:26 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

I hope the holidays were fun, peaceful and full of good food and family. For us, I've been pet sitting and chose to stay at home, face timing friends and family. The thought of this round of virus is just too frightening, despite being fully vaxxed and boosted.

Today I'm back on the fitness wagon but the past few days have been just busy with pet sitting, my own animals, and cleaning. We bought ourselves a new hardwood floor cleaner - the Bissell Crosswave. It vacuums and washes the floors at the same time. So far so good. I've researched these machines for months on end so fingers crossed that I chose well!

Just doing a quick fly by. Will be back later on to report my workouts for today.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 10:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just recuperating here from a lot of good food and drink over the holidays! We had a quiet but lovely Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. Now I need to come up with a strategy for getting back to some exercising while still dealing with my sciatica pain.

PAT, too funny about the pumpkin bread.
As long as it tasted good though. LOL. I'm not much of a baker myself.

DONNA, I hear you on the growing older and family dynamics changing. It is definitely a lot to process/get used to. Good luck with your plumbing and painting projects.

PAM, wow! Sounds like a lovely white Christmas. You have a good attitude about being snowed in. It must have been great seeing your granddaughters enjoy it so much

DIANE, oh please let me know how your Bissell Crosswave works out. I need something like that for my hardwood floors.

You all did a great job keeping up with your exercise routines throughout the holidays.
I hope to join in soon.

I'm trying to gear myself up to get the booster shot. It's just a hassle going to the center and sitting around. Plus I don't want to feel sick for a day or so. LOL. Got to get myself together here because this new variant is no joke.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 11:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I have not much to report yesterday other than a nice morning meditation and gratitudes practice. I finished my 49th book of my 50 reads in 2021 Goodreads challenge - can I make it to 50 in the next five days?

I also finished the reindeer turd and am back on my WW program as of this morning. LOL! One of my gifts was an oven thermometer and it turns out I baked the reindeer turd at 250F even though the display is 350F, which may account for the ahem, "moistness." I hadn't wanted a digital oven, but that's all that came in on the boat last year and there wasn't a choice.

Pam, thank goodness your white Christmas cabin event was curtailed by the power coming back on before the situation got stale. Your little spot of heaven seems to have had some unusual weather extremes this year. I'm so happy you had a wonderful gathering!

Summer Breeze, it's good to read you had an enjoyable Christmas with family. I sure hope you can come up with a plan that works around your sciatica.

Diane, the Bissell sounds great. I've been looking at those but question how well-sealed our hardwoods are. It's a good investment for you, especially with your special needs pets and furry guests.

Donna, I did not know Jessica lost her Peanut. How sad for her. We VF'ers also become attached to our workout pets' appearances. Jane Adams' core program is a good one for this time of year, isn't it? It checks the strength, stretch and relaxation boxes efficiently and gently. Sending hugs about the crossroads. These past two years sure do highlight them. I have a feeling of "mourning" the adult kids in the family who have all moved away and of family gatherings being conducted via Zoom now.

Well - I am glad to be getting back on a schedule of sorts, even though I will miss being my own master when I go back to work tomorrow. Sleeping in for four days in a row has been surprisingly healing.

What do you think ladies - do we want to continue for 2022? I have enjoyed checking in with you all this year, and visitors who join us from time to time. I wonder how our founding member, GypsyRose, is doing?

Oh yeah - Happy Moan Day! I almost forgot.
Old 12-27-21, 11:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a nice day outside so I walked my Golden for a bit and I did a lower body Pilates practice using one of my "old" Element DVDs. It was nice to re-visit the DVD collection.

Today, so far:

PowerFit Harmony - Move it - I figured starting w/ these 20 min sessions would be a good way to get back into the swing of things. My back is improving - now it just hurts in the usual spots as opposed to the new spot, LOL!

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Lying Practice for Flexibility -this was a nice one to do after cardio - all on the floor - stretchy.

Pat - LOL on the reindeer turd! Holidays can be hard, that is for sure. And I think one reason why this year may have been harder is that at least last year there was some hope that the vaccines etc. would bring normalcy back but not so far...unfortunately.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you had a good holiday! I hope you can find ways to work around your pain.

Pam - that sounds like a nice surprise white Christmas!

Diane - I agree, it is so worrisome about this new variant. I try not to let it bother me too much but....I'm worried about my DD going back to work in a grocery store w/ having just gotten over mono and not yet receiving her booster. I'm also worried about her getting the booster so soon after having Mono. Always something! I hope you enjoy your new "toy"!

Hope everyone has a good start to the last week of the year!

Donna
Old 12-28-21, 06:30 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Quick fly by - have to get my workout in and then final doctor's visit for 2021 - follow up with cardiologist on all my tests. I'm terrified about going into a crowded doctor's office but I'll be triple masked - yes, you read that right. I sewed a disposable mask into my KN95 plus another disposable on top. DH will be double masked - he goes to all my appts as he sometimes asks the questions I don't think about.

Yesterday's workout - run on treadmill, followed by Terrafit Chiseled Abs (pretty basic but effective) and stretching.

Summer Breeze - so far, so good with the Crosswave. More on that later.

I would like to continue with the group but I understand if there's not enough participation it may disband. Either way, we should all stay in touch on VF, FB - wherever!

Talk later - happy Tuesday!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx