Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-21, 12:03 PM  
Gams

I want to complain, too

I got to the hospital bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:00 a.m. yesterday. Hadn’t had solid food in awhile and was up all night drinking the nasty bowel prep, so I wasn’t super happy. I was put in a room and the friend that gave me a ride sat down and when the nurse came in, my friend asked where he should go wait and the nurse said, “You stay right there.” So he did and then she proceeded to rattle off my personal medical history. After a few minutes my friend went to go get breakfast and I told the nurse I wish she hadn’t disclosed all that info in front of my friend. She said, “Well, I figured you were friends if he drove you here.” I said, “That doesn’t mean I want him to know my medical history.” Then she tried putting an IV in and stabbed me in 3 places before she gave up and sent someone else in to do it. They went to do an EKG and the machine wouldn’t work, so they brought more people in and no one knew what was wrong so they went and got a different machine. My anesthesiologist had no sense of humor and because my oxygen level dropped during the surgery they had to switch from MAC anesthesia to general anesthesia part way through the procedure. I don’t know what all they did to me, but in addition to a sore throat, I have a big bruise under my tongue that hurts like hell and that side of my face hurts, too. Also had problems with operating room computers so surgery didn't start until almost 8:00... Heard someone hollering for "Deb" as I was just barely waking up. Couldn't figure out who she was talking to then realized she was calling ME Deb. I said, "My name is Tammy." I think they were in a big hurry to get rid of me, too and because of the late start and all the problems, the nurse came in and told me I could get dressed and leave. I told her, "I can't even stand up yet." I wasn’t even fully awake when she read my discharge instructions, so glad they gave me paper copies of that. When I finally got dressed, nurse said, “You can walk yourself out, right?” I said, “No, I need a wheelchair.”. WTH

Good news - colonoscopy came out fine. Not as good - surgeon found more cancer than she had originally thought. Glad she found it, though.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colonoscopy