Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-21, 10:19 AM  
Daphne M

Is anyone still using the Hydrow app? I ask because I did a Hydrow row yesterday that I got a big kick out of.

It was "15 Minute Seat Racing Row" (a "drive") filmed in Seattle. First 1/3 was Laine (front) paired with Nick (back). On the second 1/3, Nick slid up to the front seat, James took the back seat and Laine had disappeared. In the final 1/3rd, James moved to the front seat and Laine was in the back seat and Nick was gone. The idea was the three were competing for best times to earn one of the two seats on a pairs boat. There were 3 intervals of 4 minutes each and the S/Ms were very low for racing: 24-26 strokes per minute. The scenery and camaraderie were fun, but the trash talking was my favorite part of it.

In other Hydrow scoop, a bunch of the Hydrow crew is in Lucerne Switzerland now filming workouts and those are breathtaking. I did a Live row from Lucerne with Laine a couple of days ago and they've all been putting some great pictures up on their Instagrams. (My neighbor Mary is convinced that Nick and Laine are getting romantic and I'm all bubbly and happy, hoping that's true. I'm a sucker for romance.)

And most exciting, Dani from Hydrow is competing at the Paralympics in Tokyo TODAY! I believe she's in a 2-seater. I'll be checking my social media later today to see how she did.

OK, back to work!
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote