Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-21, 01:34 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I finally previewed some of these today in the hopes of trying one in the next week or so. I am thoroughly disappointed in the amount of cloudy ones! The states that I were hoping to be bright and sunny aren't, notably Florida and Hawaii. The ocean is nice, but it's cloudy and gloomy in Michigan for a large portion of the year and I was hoping for a lot more sunny locations in these. I love Jenny and I'll try a lot of these when my knee heals but kind of a bummer for the price.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 02:41 PM  
Gams

The clouds don’t bother me - I’m just happy to have so many outdoor settings. And you will find quite a few sunny ones, too. I think the price is good.

If I could tweak these at all, I would make some of them faster. They all seem to be 130 bpm. It would be nice to have some at 140 bpm, 150 bpm and 160 bpm.

But I’m not complaining - really happy to have these.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 03:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh the clouds makes it even more enticing for me! I always wish the Virtual Actives had more cloudy ones.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 04:08 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
The location in Maine is great! One of my favorite views, so far! I don't want to spoil it for you, but I've been very near here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I did Maine and Michigan workouts today. I loved that Detroit was filmed on a sunny day. There were some people on scooters and bicycles going by occasionally. Maine was filmed on the coast with a lighthouse in the background, very pretty. It’s fun to see the map filling up.
I did the Maine walk this morning. I love the Maine coast and lighthouses! I live in upstate NY and we go to southern Maine to vacation for a week every summer. We stay in a town about 1/2 hour drive from this particular lighthouse. The walk and the scenery was a nice bright spot in my day! Trying to decide now whether to keep following the Eastern seaboard, to follow Jenny's numbering system, or to just select states randomly. Decisions, decisions!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 07:54 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I finally previewed some of these today in the hopes of trying one in the next week or so. I am thoroughly disappointed in the amount of cloudy ones! The states that I were hoping to be bright and sunny aren't, notably Florida and Hawaii. The ocean is nice, but it's cloudy and gloomy in Michigan for a large portion of the year and I was hoping for a lot more sunny locations in these. I love Jenny and I'll try a lot of these when my knee heals but kind of a bummer for the price.
I also wished for more sunny ones. I have been marking in my notes which ones have sun. The Michigan walk is nice and sunny. My notes say "sunny city". I wanted to make notes on the ones that have sun because with so many workouts, I'm sure to forget when I do them again.
Old 04-12-21, 11:53 PM  
Ilde

Yesterday I did walk 46/50 so only four more to go!
I like many things about the walks and Jenny's instruction is excellent, so altogether I'm very pleased with this program though I sometimes wished the camera work would not be so static.
It would have been nice to see a wider angle of the scenery from time to time, especially during those walks where absolutely nothing is moving in the background.

Now that I have only a few to go I wish the Step Across America was available. The "Coming Soon" notice on the website has been there for many months.
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 12:52 AM  
rhbrand

The more I read,the more interested I am in these.
Old 04-13-21, 05:52 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
The more I read,the more interested I am in these.
Me too, but I have to ask myself: do I really need 50 new walking workouts??
Old 04-13-21, 06:58 AM  
bethellen

I did Vermont yesterday. (3rd out of 50).
I enjoyed it. They are easy to do, easy to modify, and I love Jenny's lead style. So far, I'm very happy I got the set.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 09:07 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Me too, but I have to ask myself: do I really need 50 new walking workouts??
This is me and the answer is CLEARLY no
That said, er, um, how are these DVDs packaged? Just wondering, you know, if I bought them, which I won't, because I so don't need them, then how much space would they take up, hypothetically...

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jenny ford, mindless workouts, outdoor settings, outdoor workouts, walk across america, walking workouts