Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-13-21, 01:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Cyana - I think we all have our own likes & dislikes! And 30 days of Pahla B, yikes! As nice as she is, I couldn’t do it! I wouldn’t say there’s been criticism of the young thin Essentrics instructors, they are all such excellent instructors. But there is a sense that they don’t represent the main demographic of instructors and students. It’s an interesting contrast. I know they want to attract younger students and instructors, but the training program is, IMO, pretty obsolete. The training materials are outdated manuals and come with a DVD-R. Most younger people don’t have DVD players any more. They need to get with the program and put these things online. And the prechoreographed workouts are the same, a manual & DVD-R mailed to you. So there’s my vent! As much as I love the workouts, I have my frustrations with the company. I kept that to myself until now as I’m finally done my training.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 03:51 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Sorry to disappear for a few days. On Wednesday and Thursday, Life got in the way of a workout. Friday morning was my second Covid shot (Moderna). I took yesterday and today off work as a precaution. However, I am not feeling too bad! I have the same upper arm soreness from the actual injection. This morning I felt quite tired and had some mild chills, but nothing major and I could still function fine. I went outside for a gentle 2-mile walk, then ran a couple of errands. I'll try for something mild workout-wise later today, and by tomorrow I expect to be pretty much back up to speed.

Friday was also notable for me because I got my stimulus money in my bank account! I've already moved it into savings, but I may also get myself a little treat (just as soon as I figure out what I want lol).

Cyana: I just became aware of the Amazon issue with certain audiobooks. However, there hasn't been any policy statement from my library's management to date (which is odd as they are usually on top of such things).

Waving to all -- be back later!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 03:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, thanks for sharing your perspective on the Essentrics training! I am sure that those kinds of issues permeate much of the fitness community. I hope to do another online continuing education program for yoga this summer, and I hope to find something that offers a bit of diversity.

Sandra, glad you are feeling okay! I took just the next morning off for my first shot later this month but might take a full day for my second shot.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 04:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sandra - I’m glad you didn’t have any major issues from the vaccine.

Beth - I’ve looked at other online fitness continuing education and there seems to be a lot out there. I think online training has grown so much out of necessity & it’s here to stay. You’ve taken some very interesting courses! I think I’ll look at learning something new in the fall, not sure what at this point.

Further to Essentrics.....I don’t want to seem overly critical as I love the method and their instructors are excellent, but I do think they are missing the boat in respect to online training. Cutting out printed manuals & dvds and shipping them would save time & $. Same goes for their workout dvds, I wish they would offer a download option.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-13-21, 06:03 PM  
Donna D

Hi Everyone!

I seldom post but do read the check in daily. I hope you are all doing well.

I had the first dose of Moderna on 2/23. Later that day I was chilled and my body was shivering quite violently. I wrapped up in a blanket and it stopped quickly. I work for pulmonologists who told me the vaccine was doing what it was supposed to.

I am looking forward to seeing my extended family at Easter time, with precautions of course. It has been a tough year. I did see my son and his family at Christmas for a short visit. After that I became concerned with the virus mutations so have remained isolated.

Speaking of work, I have been working at home since mid-March of 2020. Hard to believe it has been a year! I've asked my company to go on part time, I don't know if it will be approved. If not, I will be retiring in April.

Who knows? Maybe later this year I will take a bus and visit Beth in Rochester! (I don't drive Thruways.)

Sandra - that's great you've received your stimulus already. Mine is pending for 3/17.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 06:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I didn't find it critical; I think those are constructive comments. If we are older and can recognize the need to go online/digitize, think about how the younger generations must feel!

Donna, sorry you had a response to your vaccine, but yes, I think that means you had a good, robust response. That would be fun to meet up some time! I don't mind the Thruway so much - I'd rather drive on that than the expressway system in Buffalo (although I've driven on the latter before).

Speaking of being online, I just ordered a pizza online. We are trying a new local place that does stone-baked so should be good!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-13-21, 10:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~5 km trail & beach walk
~Jessica’s TBB: Cardio Flow
~Ellen’s Yogini Sculpt

I was feeling uninspired today so decided to visit a couple of fave instructors I haven’t done in a while.

Beth - Yes I try to be constructive & not negative as I’m generally an optimist. But I have to admit that it’s been challenging at times to “keep my chin up” this past year.

Sandra - I missed that you received your stimulus $, that’s awesome!

Hi Donna, I’m glad the vaccine side effects were short lived.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 03-14-21, 12:25 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I
Quote:
found David Carradine's Tai Chi Workout (link below). I scanned through the workout but I'm not sure which one is Karen Holden (or if she is even in the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDB...neCoinTwoSides
Paine, I think Karen is in the back left corner in this video, posted in short parts. I just watched the first 3 parts and there's a closeup of her in the 3rd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZgjzCZKJgo

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 07:54 AM  
sherry7899

I did not have much energy this morning, so I did a short dance workout:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWEBwHUAIYE

After that I did Sarabeth how for stress and anxiety.

I will try to check back later.

Beth, how was the pizza? I am a proud NJ pizza snob.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 10:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, most of the pizza around here seems to be different than pizza I was used to in NJ, unfortunately. I was particularly spoiled by working at a pizzeria late high school/early college (Riviera, in my hometown; it's still there if you want to check it out ). I wouldn't necessarily describe it as thin crust, but it was compared to the pizza around here! I would say that the pizza was more stretched out, there was less sauce and less cheese, so you would often get yummy big bubbles when the pizza was cooking. The pizzas around here tend to be denser, thicker, wetter. Is that your experience with NJ pizza versus other places? The place around here that I've actually found closest is Wegmans! Have you tried their slices?

That being said, the pizza last night was just okay, although the wings were very good. Brick oven pizza is a little different from the NJ pizza I'm used to, but I tend to like it better (there's kind of dive sports bar down the road from here that DH & I used to frequent with some regularity, as the food was really good, including the brick oven pizza, but of course now we haven't been there in over a year ). But this pizza was the more typical thick kind that other places around here make. I like that okay, but it's not really what I was craving!

Are the rest of you hungry yet?

Follow me @YogiBethC